Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pjbrown
Msg: 1
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
How do the POF'ers on here really feel about seeing or hearing about their ex-boy or girlfriends getting engaged,,announcing the wedding plans/date,etc?
2 of my ex-girlfriends are getting married in the upcoming year(2006/2007).One,,whom im very happy for and the other one,,well,i quite frankly dont like it because that was the one that got away!
Life goes on!
 Aurorasdream
Msg: 2
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:41 PM
Well, I always take the road that 'life happens for a reason' and people become an 'ex' for a reason. Seriously, wish them well and go on. Put yourself first and never look back.

And, frankly I know this is depressing...but with the divorce ratio being what it is...take consolation that they probably won't be married for long anyway. *wink* And, this is from someone who truly believes or hopes for a marriage of a lifetime.
 u2lover
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:00:33 PM
I guess it depends on if you are still friends with your ex or if you ended on good terms. I just found out my ex is engaged and my thoughts are...better her than me! Obviously they were not tied into your destiny and yours is still on its way. Good luck!
Suze
 c note
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:42:45 PM
My ex is engaged, and she has a kid.

Sucker.
 Shygal530
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:52:18 PM
Well, I was engaged once and he cheated and got her pregnant so we broke up. Long story short he put MY ring on HER finger and married HER. Needless to say they are now divorced. That's why I strongly believe in what goes around comes around.
 PLUKA DUCK
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:57:07 PM
5 years after my divorce a friend i ran into told me my "x" was seperated again after remarrying............she probably f*ked around on him too...............I didnt really care but it was a nice thought that the girl who told me,had told me for the very reason that she didnt like her for what she did and is still doing..........
 LMAO
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:05:18 PM
Myself,,,,it would not bother me one bit

I try my best to put full effort at the time,,but I have my limits,,

I would be thank full,,,if my ex got remarried,,,,means I get my DIVORCE,,whoooo hoooo
 daylillies
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:07:57 PM
i feel wonderful.. mine just married a 22 yr old an hes 47....hahahaha.... waitin for the bomb to drop on thsi one...he cheated on me...an she cheated on her ex..wonder who will cheat first..lmfao......

i actually sent him a card...best wishes
 wildgirl_5
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:14:21 PM
well i guess it depends if u r still friends with the ex's or not ?
but ex's r ex's for a reason and sometimes they r sending u the wedding announcement or inviting u to make sure u know about it .......or just to rub it in your face there getting married and u aren't......or to see if it crushs your heart cus they know u aren't over them yet .......
life goes on !!!! think positive someday it might be u getting married !!!
 innatelypassionate1
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:37:42 PM
I would care little actually unless it was the one who got away.
 Antagonist
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:09:45 PM
I wish! Maybe then he'd quit stalking me.
 playfull69
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:14:44 PM
My ex married the woman he was cheating on me with within 4 mths. We were together for
seven years, engaged and had a child. It stung at first but I believed what comes around,
goes around and ten years into their marriage, she cheated on him. I was supportive and kept our child and hers for a week while they went on their honeymoon. Sounds stupid but
I proved to be the more mature adult of the situation. I am now good friends with her and
he just admitted that I was the one that got away. Time heals all, just be good to yourself
and remember "everything" happens for a reason.
 stand by
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:15:42 PM
When I heard my ex got married, I felt resigned to the pointlessness of my existence, and overwhelmed by the futility of life itself. In other words, I took it in stride.
 maree12
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:38:52 PM
I have only been in three real relationships before the one that I am in now. Frankly I was not really worried when I broke up with the first 3 guys, so the discovery that 2 are now married means very little to me, I would not have wanted to spend the rest of my life with any of them, anyway (not sour grapes) I can imagine, though, if this relationship goes belly up, as it is threatening to, I will get very upset if I hear that he has got engaged to someone
 maree12
Msg: 15
view profile
History
your ex advertises to you that they are engaged
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:45:39 PM
Hi, Wildgirl, yes, I think if they tell you, then it is just to show you that you were not the only one who thought them attractive, especially if you were the one who dumped them.
I dated a guy, for maybe 7 months, and I was the one who ended the relationship. Perhaps 6 months later, I get a phone call from the guy inviting me to a party at his place, I declined as I already had plans for the weekend. I later found out that he was married, so I figured that he had been inviting me to the engagement party, and did not tell me, so that I would be CRUSHED at the knowledge that he was no longer a lonely single, whilst I was.
 Felinessa
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:53:22 PM
IF ONLY they got married. He cheated on me and she cheated on his ex, so they are a match made in heaven. I couldn't stand the constant whining, negativity, and lack of control and purpose, so I let him go before I even knew he cheated. She's just as whiny and negative, so when I found out they were together, I kind of smiled picturing the life of welfare, complaining, and mutual negative re-enforcement awaiting them.

Like someone else said, better her than me. I'm on to meeting people who actually have something going on for themselves. They're on to seeing who cheats first.
 nasajack2003
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:35:13 AM
I've seen my ex engaged in conversation. It didn't bother me at all.

Dam' it, I did it again...wrong thread. Man 'o man, I gotta quit doin' this.
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:08:35 AM
He is trying to get a reaction out of you if he or she is advertising they are engaged. Like saying look at what you lost. If you were not compatable and just used to being with him or her that is a attachment issue. That needs to be addressed so when he and she are fighting he won't come running to you for sex or whatever. I have been there and done that way in past. So I know what is going on his mind. What is going on in your mind? Do you want the same maddness and same problems back again? Or can you go on with your own new life?
 roy350
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:31:47 AM
You are amazing for saying that , I swear if you were near me you would be the perfect girl
 roy350
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:34:02 AM
That message was for auroras dream
but it transpires she is not the only one who talks about divorce rates
and yes its cruel but you know deep down I suppose there is a quiet satisfaction knowing that
 cutiepie20021982
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:40:36 AM
I was in a relationship with a guy for 3 years! During that 3 years he asked me over and over to marry him but I guess I knew in my heart I would never marry him cause of the way he treated me. We broke up 3 months ago and he is getting married in May. He called me the other day to invite me and I told him thanks for the invite but I probably wouldnt be able to make it and I congratulated him on his new life. Im not bitter but I am glad that it is her not me cause I knew how he turned out once he was in a relationship and she is jumping in so fast that she has no idea what is going to happen. But like I said I wish them the best of luck!!
 roy350
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:42:21 AM
you sound like a good woman and I suppose its always nicer to take the high road its just blood annoying time consuming and takes ages cutiepie
 nipper922
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:47:47 AM
I was with my ex for twenty years, and she got engaged about 3 years after our divorce. I was happy for her even though I thought she was THE ONE. If you really care for some one I think you should be happy for them, if not yo may be being a little selfish. Things seem to have a way of working out for the best.
 twilight-twin
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:49:22 AM
I would give anything if my ex husband would date much less get married.
 gymrat500
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:16:51 PM
Since her newest fiance is the guy she cheated on me with I'm happy for both of them as I hated his guts and so did she. (so she always said) I know they'll be together a long time since they're both liars , cheats, thiefs and immoral and also about to be put through the financial ringer after I'm done with her in court for a previous matter. paybacks a b*tch.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?