Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Strange dating "fetishes"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Felinessa
Msg: 1
Strange dating "fetishes"?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
All right, I'm using "fetish" in a very loose and non-sexual way.

But do you have certain wacked preferences?

I have a few, and funny enough, I NEVER get to meet someone like that:

Shallow ones: Germans, Swedes, Russians

Not-so-shallow ones: Opera singers, astronomers

I thought about this because today I was watching a kids' space program (roommates have a toddler, so we watch an inordinate amount of cartoons), and they were interviewing scientists. And I just sat there thinking, you know, I have so many questions about the things they were talking about, and it would be so amazing to have someone like that around. I'd probably drive him up a wall with questions, but I'd never get bored. And yes, those men weren't "conventionally attractive," but the thought of how smart they must be was a major turn on.

Alas, I'm not holding my breath.

What do you drool over that's not exactly conventional?
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 2
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 6:53:20 PM
I love nice skin......and teeth...
just looks healthy

is that a fetish ?

JackieA
Msg: 3
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 6:56:24 PM
Military men - though I've dated them while in the Air Force...but an ocean life researcher/scientist would be so cool to date& learn from...or maybe even a treasure hunter/pirate - think Johnny Depp!
JackieA
 Xavi
Msg: 4
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:04:09 PM
My "unconventional" lust inducer? Men who have great vocabularies. If I can have a long conversation with a man without ever having to "dumb it down" or explain a word or concept to him, I will be smitten beyond belief.
Yes, I had a huge crush on my Linguistics professor in University. (He was also British with the adorable accent and he was a hottie to boot!)
 Brunette Okie
Msg: 5
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:10:49 PM
I'm more for the "mountain man" type

I love a beard and moustache, rugged,

nothing sexier than a man coming in all hot and sweaty from chopping wood or workin hard,

OMG, ITS HURT ME SEXY!!!!!!!!
 Felinessa
Msg: 6
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:20:02 PM
Nope, Fran, that's like Basic Requirements 101
 sadieelvis
Msg: 7
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:22:25 PM
I'm with Xavi, if a man can use multi-syllabic words and can use them in the right context and likewise understand "big" words, I am all his!

I also love nice teeth! And big hands!!
 Rosepedals
Msg: 8
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:22:39 PM
Okay I had one but it seems to have gone away for some reason .... I love being with a dark haired guy .. will NOT date anyone shorter then me when I have my shoes on ... this is strange now thinking about it I have not dated anyone who didnt have some german in them ... I am part german and part english .. wow never thought about this that much... OH and he has to be able to cuddle and not be a runt ... I have a tendency to date construction guys too or something to do with building. I have never really dated anyone for that long who worked in an office oh but he must have a brain and be able to have a conversation at my level and if he cant then I give up and become distant ... I think I am just a shallow b*tch omg. I am really picky !!!!!!
 *Tee*
Msg: 9
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:27:13 PM
I have a total fascination for latino men...Antonio Banderas can eat crackers in my bed anytime..
 lazyboy
Msg: 10
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:35:56 PM
Buck teeth & bracess....Mmmmm,,,,,,you may laugh but I know some guy's who
like the braces too.
 99c
Msg: 11
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:41:18 PM
Light hearted, deep thinking poets.

Kind women who bake pies.

Women who ride their own motorcycles.

Sassy broads who can take it and dish it out.

Indian women who drink scotch and wax philosophical.

Stout farm women who wear bib overalls and smile big.

Slender, shy women with dark eyes who sing like angels.

The girl next door who always sees the joke before anyone else.

Janice, the perky clerk at the topless donut shop.
 calaf
Msg: 12
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 8:20:41 PM
Opera lovers. Black leather.
 Griffintown
Msg: 13
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 8:52:26 PM
women who do modern dance.
 sunnyone
Msg: 14
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:07:21 PM
I crave intellectual conversation!! I am absolutely fascinated by men in neurosciences... crazy turn-on. Alas, I think I was given musician pheromones... sigh.
 Felinessa
Msg: 15
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:09:11 PM
Do you guys actually find people who fall within your preferences?

I've had no luck. It's not even that they reject me, but they are nowhere to be found - opera singers probably hang out with the groupies and the absolutely smoking scientists are probably cuddling with the telescopes ...
 99c
Msg: 16
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:13:33 PM
There aren't all that many professional opera singers, but there are plenty of capable singers who can sing opera for you. Music schools have recitals. You can turn almost any guy into a countertenor by shutting off the hot water when he's in the shower.
 sunnyone
Msg: 17
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:13:54 PM
We are still here, aren't we Felinessa?!? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...
 Felinessa
Msg: 18
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:39:44 PM

There aren't all that many professional opera singers, but there are plenty of capable singers who can sing opera for you.

Yah, but see, I'm a bit like Dorian Gray - I like to live vicariously through opera every now and then. We're such a "no drama" culture, that it's refreshing to see the sublime unleashed (and exaggerated - oh, that ruined face in "Pagliacci," when he says "la commedia ... e finita!!!"

You can turn almost any guy into a countertenor by shutting off the hot water when he's in the shower.

Should I read countertenor as soprano? Or better yet, for more acoustic effects, release a spider in their environment and watch them scream like a little girl
 99c
Msg: 19
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:48:51 PM
countertenor, male
soprano, female

Soaking your hand in ice water has the same effect...
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 20
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:49:29 PM
Felinessa;
Is height a "fetish?"
Carrie
 Aurora73
Msg: 21
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:49:47 PM
Hmm...I'm a pretty simple guy (at least that's what complex folks tell themselves as a natural sleep aid)...

Intelligence. Having to dumb yourself during a date is annoying.
Red hair (or purple).
Southern accent.
Poetesses.
Long dresses.
Musical knowledge. I swear, that if I ever find a woman who knows most of the varieties of metal and the history of music, I would seriously think about proposing to her on the spot! *laughs!*

~Aurora
 Nuit Ange
Msg: 22
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:02:37 PM
I agree with JackieA, I think that Johnny Depp is hot, though I believe it's his eccentricity that makes him so. My personal favorites are as follows:

1. Very dark skinned men, Tall, muscular and athletic.

2. Sexually agressive men.

3. Men who are bashful. I know it's a direct contradiction to #2, but it still turns me on.

4. Hairless chests

5. Men who are streetwise.

6. Accents

If someone knows one man that fits all of these, have him call me , PLLLUUUZZZEEE!!!
 Billbug
Msg: 23
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:12:43 PM
I am really attracted to Irish women... something about them and I love the accent too. Having said that, I have yet to date one......maybe ??
 Opera_Diva
Msg: 24
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:31:55 PM
Turn on's

Dark Hair

Sideburns

Dark Eyes

Deep Voice

Great Smile

Cuddly body type

Body Hair

Loves Opera
 Lux_Interior
Msg: 25
Strange dating fetishes?
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:09:07 PM
I was sure I posted this already, but it went blooey obviously.

My thing is hands. Dunno if that's strange.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Strange dating "fetishes"?