Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Do Some Women Want To Marry So Quickly ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 usmale45
Msg: 1
Why Do Some Women Want To Marry So Quickly ?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The last 3 women I dated wanted to get married early in the relationship. I am not sure what the reason is. Are they sick of the dating scene ? Are they scared of competition? Are they afraid of being alone? I am not being funny here at all because the last 3 I dated were all married within 3 months of our relationship ending. They call me and say OH BY THE WAY I AM MARRIED NOW . I don't know if I am a magnet for these kind or is this common. I dated one after 1 month and she had tickets to Las Vegas and wanted to get married. Another wanted to live with me, but after 1 year we have to get married. And another who lived with me recently for 6 months called me and said she is getting married. What happened to dating and taking things slow. I was married young and for 20 years and I can't move that fast. I am not perfect but they do say I am different from most guys. They say I have many good qualities but once that marriage talk starts I end the relationship because I figure if they are that far ahead I will never catch up. I am not bragging at all about myself and some guys would probably love to find these women. I can't move into that without knowing someone after about 1 1/2 to 2 years or more. Everyone is at there best the first few months, I want to see those bad habits and tempers and how we solve problems together. I know it's a new century and things seem to move faster but I am not losing half of everything again because she is not happy. My marriage ended because we were young and the hormones were raging and she was pregnant on our wedding day. I loved her and took good care of her but we outgrew each other. I find this dating game is really different from the old days and been divorced 8 years now. Any comments on this and do you have that problem ? Women or men can respond here. I do want a long term relationship with just 1 woman but not running down the altar anytime soon.
 Shonga
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why Do Some Women Want To Marry So Quickly ?
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:06:26 AM
The reason is insecurity, sadly the older one gets the more insecure, women can feel their biological clocks ticking, where men don't. Compassion, and understanding are the key words here, if you like the lady, give the relationship time, and this phase will pass. Don't allow yourself to lose a perfectly good relationship because of this anxiety on the ladies part. Comfort her, reassuse her, and continue the relationship, until you either walk away, or committ.
 Fortuna:)
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:10:16 AM
MSN just posted an article about length of courtship yesterday. A professor who has studied relationships for 15 years has found that couples whose courtship length lasts about 2 years have the highest probability of success in marriage. Very long courtships and very short courtships have very high rates of divorce (very long ones have the worst odds).

I don't know why people are in a hurry, other than we are a very impatient society. You can use the information there to get the women to slow down a bit at least.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/Relationships/CouplesandMarriage/ArticleIV2.aspx?cp-documentid=371971
 angelab
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:49:08 AM
They're either insecure and think that just having "a husband" will make all of their problems go away, are getting older and are afraid of being alone, want to have another kid or are just sick of dating and want to settle down with anyone they can latch on to.
 usmale45
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:49:30 AM
Thanks Fortuna and I wish you lots of luck on here you seem to be a nice lady. I like the name For Tuna and we are in plenty of fish LOL
 ABGirlxo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:10:15 AM
I have to agree with the reasoning that some women just want to know where they stand. I mean after a year or two either you know that this person is worth spending time with, making plans together or not. There is nothing worse than meeting a couple and the girlfriend says to you when the guys aren't around {after being introduced as his girlfriend}. "We have been dating for four {or five or six} years!!!!" Yikes!!!! You can heard that womans pain. She is not even a financee. She has no idea what she is or where is stands in this guys life. And she is bewildered by it.

Just my take on it...
 ABGirlxo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:22:19 AM
there is a quote that I wanted to mention in that book "He's Just Not into You"
Don't waste the Pretty, some woman take this to heart I guess.
 supper
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:30:03 AM
I think after a while, some ladies want to get married SO badly that they convince themselves that any/every man they date is the "one". You are wise to wait, as their idealized perception will no doubt wear off, and they could get grumpyguss once it does!
 HB2
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:19:25 AM
Because why waste time on a man who wants all the bennies without the rest?
 supper
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:22:29 AM
HB2- So it's because you want proof that the man will stick with you, and the only thing that can prove it is a marriage certificate?
What is the difference between jumping into marriage or taking it slow (ex. another year or two)?
 delytful
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:22:34 AM
I would like to know why men do that! Inside of a week they want to stick a ring on your finger. Makes your head spin. (LOL They ask if I will, I ask why, and none have given me a real reason yet.) And you can't use that lame biological clock crap. What's your excuse?
 Gallivanting1
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:23:57 AM
I don't understand why they call you to tell you that they have gotten married. Are they looking for a wedding gift or something? Perhaps you should stock up on toasters. At least they're cheaper than a divorce.

Take things at a speed that you are comfortable with. A woman who is truly in love with you will wait.
 HB2
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:27:24 AM
The OP thinks a year is too soon and I just feel if you've been together for that long why wait?
Personally I don't want to marry again...
Just offering a thought...sheesh
Here's another: Because they're looking for someone to make them happy and actually believe it takes a man to be happy...

Many young women have the same pic in their heads that us older ladies once did...
The house with the picket fence/dog and cat in the yard and a couple of kids along with a husband beside them...

Nothing inherently wrong with the dream but they believe they must have it to be happy and simply need time to realize they must be happy within themselves as individuals first
 juanchito26
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:27:28 AM

Perhaps you should stock up on toasters. At least they're cheaper than a divorce.

hehehe I like this hehehe
 juanchito26
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:28:46 AM
One and a half to two years is a reasonable time to get married I guess....
It shows you the real person with the goods and the bads thrown in for good measure...
 HB2
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:28:54 AM
naw foreman grills are the "in" gift now
that's what I give the little darlings
 supper
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:38:06 AM
The correct way to decide whether or not you are ready to get married, is to go on the "Amazing Race" and see if you can get through it without becoming notoriously known as bickering monsters.
 HB2
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:40:41 AM
Perhaps what seems quick to you isn't quick to them...

I can't go on that show...
I'd probably find the nearest cliff and kick him over the edge if he turned out to be a blithering idiot
 ABGirlxo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2006 1:36:43 PM
Yep ... a test is good... I had a male friend who would take his new girlfriends camping and that was the test. Stress, comman sense, ability to go with the flow, he got to see it all in one 3 day weekend. And for him it worked, he didn't spend alot of unnecessary time.
 Marilynized
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/10/2006 1:43:01 PM
tick tock tick tock - biological clock - i guess - i personally can't wrap my brain around the 'get married quick' deal - so that is the best i can come up with.
 twilight-twin
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/10/2006 2:10:28 PM
Well . . I for one wouldn't be one of those girls. You'd have to work me for YEARS to even consider marriage.
 sassyvgirl
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/10/2006 2:12:13 PM

I would like to know why men do that! Inside of a week they want to stick a ring on your finger. Makes your head spin. (LOL They ask if I will, I ask why, and none have given me a real reason yet.) And you can't use that lame biological clock crap. What's your excuse?

Yah..I wanna know the answer to that one too
 AREALANGEL
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/10/2006 2:48:44 PM
maybe you should change your profile...looking for long term but not marriage minded right now..
 Athletic_funny1
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/10/2006 3:21:51 PM
angel,

He's not saying he's not marriage minded. He's saying the women move there too fast.
 TheGoon
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/10/2006 3:24:40 PM

The last 3 women I dated wanted to get married early in the relationship. I am not sure what the reason is. Are they sick of the dating scene ? Are they scared of competition? Are they afraid of being alone?

C'mon usmale45.... It's becuase you are an irresistable piece of man! You don't have to play modest with us buddy!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Do Some Women Want To Marry So Quickly ?