Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The Real McCoy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeorgieGirl2006
Msg: 1
The Real McCoyPage 1 of 1    
Last thread for tonight - promise.

Why is it that some things we can buy the cheap stuff and others it has to be the real deal.

For example
I have to buy Kelloggs Cornflakes. I can't eat the supermarket own brand. My ex always had to have Cadbury's drinking chocolate.

Foodstuffs to a certain extent I understand, because something else just doesn't taste right.

But paint? I knew somebody once who would only buy Dulux. It's not like once it's on the wall you can see the label.
 chrissy-65
Msg: 2
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/10/2006 12:26:49 PM
Walkers crisps nothing is ever good enough for my family, no sorry they are for me can't keeping using them for an excuse
 Georgiegirl2007
Msg: 3
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 3:57:07 PM
I realise this is an old old old old thread but i'm resurrecting it because i need to warn you all that, however hard up you are, 29p for 80 Smartprice teabags just don't measure up to Tetleys teabags.
 -LIL-
Msg: 4
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 4:00:52 PM

But paint? I knew somebody once who would only buy Dulux. It's not like once it's on the wall you can see the label.

Quality means you need far less quantity.

I only ever use Dulux.

Your dishes can't see it's fairy...same difference yunno
 Whitey1974
Msg: 5
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 4:09:24 PM
I go shopping with my auntie every Friday, she will only buy Andrex or Dulux toilet roll. Yes it is of good quality, but as I am always telling her, Jesus, your only wiping your ass
I on the other hand either get 6 rolls for a quid from the pound shop or economy bog roll which is less than a quid but feels like sand paper.

My mum seen my shopping once, all blue n white economy stuff. She asked me if I was ever embarrassed at the till???????????????
I just laughed at her and said 'mum I don't give a fcuk '
 *~*Posh*~*
Msg: 6
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 4:09:27 PM
Quality means you need far less quantity.

maybe that would be a good way to view our postings on the forums ..as in quality of our remarks, not the quantity of them . .

~treeza~
Msg: 7
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 4:16:00 PM
ive got to buy all the name cereals, my kids will only eat them, ive tried putting cheap ones in the plastic tubbs, but no they know,,
i got to have andrex tiolet tissue,
and proper comfort and wash powder,
lol
i do buy cheap fizz though,,
damn i cud save so much money if i bought the cheaper brand of everything,,
oh yes, got to be walkers, only cus they stopped doin the golden wonder..
lol
 For_u_mite
Msg: 8
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 5:42:14 PM

maybe that would be a good way to view our postings on the forums ..as in quality of our remarks, not the quantity of them . .

:So was the double post on purpose to prove your point then Posh?
 xX Mark Xx
Msg: 9
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 10:03:10 PM

Foodstuffs to a certain extent I understand, because something else just doesn't taste right.

I tend to buy quality products, as they work out better than for money, however things like value produce I sometimes buy, so what if a carrot is a bit mis-shapen, it still tastes like a carrot.

But paint?

Arghh.... Bad memories, doing undercoating once, and thought as no one will see it, I will just buy the cheapest I can get. It was like painting with water, got in such a mess, and it need a couple of coats instead of one.
 Tim61
Msg: 10
view profile
History
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 11:25:11 PM
I buy a lot of Asda own Brand, but i tried their cornflakes they did not come up to standard as the kelloyggs, their Weetabix on the other hand were just as good. I have a budget to work on so i go for the cheaper brands.

Same go for clothes I don't go for branded names, even though I do have some branded named clothes, I go for clothes that fit me mostimes.

I'm not sure about paint as i don't do DIY !!!

Tim
 Sexytrish
Msg: 11
The Real McCoy
Posted: 4/12/2007 11:36:47 PM
Now i dont buy any shopping.. we get the Branded name ALWAYS.. they DO taste better.. ok they maybe a lil more expensive.. but you pay for what you get!!!

message to short so ill ramble on till its not..... Asda is where i shop but never buy asda food... i would but my partner buys all the food and he wants the best!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The Real McCoy