Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > NOthing serious? What does that actually mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 candigal1977
Msg: 1
NOthing serious? What does that actually mean?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've heard it alot lately, when you ask some one if they are seeing anyone and they say nothing serious, what does that actuyally mean? Are you sleeping with them? Are they just around till something better comes along? I know that if I was seeig someone and I was put in the "nothing serious" pile, it would mean to me that it's a done deal. Who knows, intersted to see what everyone else thinks.
 keepingit
Msg: 2
NOthing serious? What does that actually mean?
Posted: 4/13/2006 10:53:13 AM
when you ask some one if they are seeing anyone and they say nothing serious, what does that actuyally mean?

Yes they are seeing someone else and yes, most likely having sex with them. It means that they are available to you.

Keep in mind that, that is a challenge. It's used to build interest inside of you in the person who said it. They are playing the field. You are competing with other women.

It's not the "done" pile.....it's the "Are you available tonight, I'm horny pile." That would be nothing serious.
 nipoleon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2006 10:55:50 AM
Nothing serious means:
I have not yet put a downpayment on a ring.
I'm not yet attached at the hip to someone else.
I don't yet have to ask permission to leave the house.
All the clothes in the washer are mine alone.
I'd notice you if you walked by.
The rabbit lived.
 LunaLover
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/13/2006 10:58:11 AM
It means that they are keeping their options open and looking to better deal the person they are with!
Luna
 LCG
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2006 10:59:01 AM
Since I am guilty of uttering such a phrase....I'll take a stab at clarifying:

it means, "I'm am meeting new people, going to dinners, doing things with them, but at this point in time, noone has COMMITMENTED to a relationship with the intention of "forsaking all others" so it is not serioius at this time."

Serious = seeing/sleeping with that person ONLY, with a goal towards something more PERMANENT.

Does that make more sense?
 PepperStar
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/13/2006 11:23:03 AM
It means that he is seeing someone else who he does not intend to commit to, and that after he starts seeing you, he won't commit to you, either.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/13/2006 11:28:22 AM
I'm pretty sure it means they are "dating" "seeing" possibly and most likely "sleeping" with people, or a person, but haven't taken the step to become "serious".
 gemnest
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/13/2006 11:37:21 AM
well in Texas in the woods redkneck land it means U are being used . In love in war all is serious because you never know whom is gonna hurt you next and its not a game its what and how you treat the other players if your a player you deserve players if you are serious you deserve to be treated seriuosly because one day when yuo repeat that phrase to whomever told you that I bet its a different story they will not except it as graciously as you have
 candigal1977
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/13/2006 3:44:35 PM
Yeah see that's how I see it....Oh great, nothing serious...So how many nothing serious's are going on at that point? I don't know about you but it's hard enough to focus on one let alone juggle a few. Let's face it people "nothing serious" is an honest answer and that I can respect. It can also seem to some an excuse to have many lova's.....If the person doesn't think I am worth investing any time and effort into more than a "dip" in Candiland than "nothing serious" means good bye. lol...But it's interesting to see your takes on the situation.....Keep em commin!
 harveywallbanger
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2006 3:47:53 PM
It means, "I'm seeing someone but if the bigger better deal comes along I'm ditching that other person for the new one."

harvey
 bugsybears
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:03:22 PM
i believe it means they are keeping their options open. yeah they may be having sex and all that, but that doesn't mean they will get married or have a serious relationship with this person. will d until something better comes along. sounds bad, but a lot of people do it.
 candigal1977
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:17:45 PM
Sounds harsh I know but If it's "nothing serious" why bother even mentioning it .....I mean I'm not the dating police, but if I'm interested in seeing the potetial in some one....The last thing I want is them knowing there are other men in my life that I let linger around for the god knows what reason, sex, companionship, someone to have****ails with. If I like some one and he asks me about other people, he needs to feel secure about the way I feel about him in order to be his full complete self, why ruin it be acting like a player and say....AHHHHH "Nothing Serious"??
 jerryb1961
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/13/2006 5:59:06 PM
>>Are they just around till something better comes along?<<

I get that a lot from women too. I think they want to play the field. I'm slowly learning to not get my hopes up about anyone who wants merely "dating" in their profile.

Internet dating sites are a two-edged sword because of the (at least initially before the first FtF meeting) impersonality: On one hand they enable people like me who're shy in real life social situations to get up the courage to initiate contact. On the other hand it makes rejection equally easy.

It's like you aren't a real live human being until the meeting occurs. Conversations can be going great and then one day you just stop hearing from them.
 CountIbli
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/13/2006 8:06:31 PM
Right now I'm in a "nothing serious" relationship. It means we haven't agreed to be monogamous. In this particular instance monogamy isn't even a possibility.
 Veedub447
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/13/2006 8:14:08 PM
If a woman tells me they are seeing someone, but "nothing serious" typically that means I'm getting laid that night!!!
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/13/2006 8:18:20 PM

I've heard it alot lately, when you ask some one if they are seeing anyone and they say nothing serious

This is not rocket science...pretty much what it says........male or female......"I'm just Banging them till something better comes a long"...................
 going going...
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/13/2006 8:23:01 PM
Nothing serious means that given half the chance he'll be on you like a Samali refugee on a Big Mac.
 detcam
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/13/2006 8:59:50 PM
it basically means that you must not take it seriously. if you want to continue, then it is a choice you can make. remember it cuts both ways.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:02:38 PM
Nothing serious means that they are just having tons of sex and possibly going shoe shopping together.
Carrie
 kseej1963
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:05:17 PM
it means they are another gutless wonder who can not be honest enough to tell the one they are with that things are not working out between them and he/she is going to go play head games with someone else why he/she tags their "other not serious" g/f b/f along for a ride they really could do with out. think that sums it up. :)
 going going...
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:05:33 PM
If a guy goes shoe shopping, there'd better be tons of sex.
 ladybird40
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:06:59 PM
Been there.......Been told that..........Drop him right away, he's not worth taking the time to bother with, because, in my experience, it means "not interested in being caught, just want to play and need a toy for right now".
 gemnest
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/16/2006 5:10:18 PM
Lady Bird BRAVVVVOOOO thatis really the answer LOL!!!! if don't feel good the can't make me do anything without a gun in there hand
 SwampPrincessGin
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:00:16 PM
That usually means, they are dating a lot,or several other people, but no one that they are getting serious. like sex or committment.Will you be the serious one>. Who knows
 angel_smile
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:15:03 PM
It means they are dating other people and keeping their options open. Don't fully commit to a man/woman who doesn't give you everything that you need. Should be a two way street.

Either drop him or Keep him in your radar but get to know others.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > NOthing serious? What does that actually mean?