Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What do men exspect from a woman in his 30's?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tropicalfem
Msg: 1
What do men exspect from a woman in his 30's?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Why most of you are so surprise we are in good shape and look as nice as 20`s? And you girls How do you feel in your 30`s? I really feel fantastic...
 Electras
Msg: 2
What do men exspect from a woman in his 30's?
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:07:43 PM
Well I am not sure but I too look younger than 30 I always get ppl asking me my age. Most think I am in my early 20's. I take it as a compliment and leave it at that!
 northernchick73
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/17/2006 6:31:46 PM
When I was turning 30, it was a bit hard cause I couldn't believe I was leaving my 20's. Once I was 30 for a few months, I realized life is so much better than my 20's. People seem to respect you more and your outlook on life is so much better. Everybody who comes across me can't believe that I am 33, they all thought I was no more than 25. Definitely a compliment. I love being in my 30's, but unfortunately men in their 30's haven't changed, at least the ones I have come across.
 AliasIncognito
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/17/2006 6:45:13 PM
Women in their 30s are a myth. Women stop aging at 29. ;)
 tropicalfem
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/17/2006 8:08:51 PM
Well aliasincognito I am 38 and i dont really care to say my age lol
 commonsens
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/17/2006 8:46:03 PM
C'est a 30 ans que les femmes sont belles, avant elles sont jolies, apres, cela depend d'elles.

It's at 30 that woman are beautiful, before they are nice, after, it depend on her.
 elephangel
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2006 9:03:49 PM
Well - I just turned 30. I have two kids and i think I'm in pretty good shape... but I really am getting bored with the approach some people take (men & woman) when they focus first on our looks.

Its really quite boring. I see me everday. Can we talk about something else please? Like - wow your in your 30's and your IQ is in tact!!! Not bad.

ravenseye
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/17/2006 9:31:27 PM
I don't think any person who has survived into our thirties has our IQ left anymore...lol

I expect in any person, whether it's a man, woman or alien, to be at least semi-normal by now. Not wanting to close the bars, not wanna toke a bong, not wanna suck a funnel.

I mean, really? Haven't we grown up by this point? I can see enjoying a beer, or a glass of wine. But, if this is what you live your life like at this point, is there any hope for you at all? (I am not getting religious on y'all, believe me.)

-Mike
 sammysalt1
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:03:23 PM
People in there 30s don't look like they did in their 20s. Look at a old picture of that person and there is a change there regardless. Some might look young, but they have aged compared to what they were.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/18/2006 12:58:52 AM
^^All of you ladies look beautiful:)Ill be 33 in less than a month and I feel just as feisty as ever:)I love being in my 30s.Im super comfy with who I am...I know what I want in life and Im not afraid to go after it.I have so much more confidence now than I ever had in my teens and 20s.It isnt so much about how I look as how I feel emotionally as well as intellectually speaking.There is a certain calm,tranquil, self assuredness that women in their 30s on up seem to exude.I think we glow.Yay for us :D I just feel like a happenin babe LOL inside and out:)
 just_Kats
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/18/2006 4:19:11 AM
Alis kat - I sign under all you wrote. I'll be turning 30 in a few months, and although I still wonder what it's going to be like, I do now feel better than anytime earlier. I do look better than when I was in my 20ies, and it's probably becasue I feel better with myself. I am more confident, more open, and I expect more from life. And I ENJOY life more than I did before. :-)
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/18/2006 5:04:16 AM
I will say for myself, I expect women to not be all into drama and not into games...sdaly so far I can count on one hand the amount of women I have encountered who are not into that.
Lots of stereotyping goes on now in our 30's and much is expected of what type of job we have, how much money we make, if we have kids and are married. So lots of social pressures come along as we get into our 30's I have found.
Me personally I sort of can't ait for this decade of my life to be over...isn't the saying life begins at 40? LOL
Seriously though it has been abig time learning experience, but I have done more in my life in the way of enjoiying it more, and less on really caring to impress others.
Many people in thier 30's figure they have to impress the masses and have this and that, be this and that. That goals are to impress others with.
Goals for me are a personal accomplishment and no one's right to judge me on it.
And your 30's are a time where lots changes as well.
 Hervie1
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:10:39 AM
Well - I just turned 30. I have two kids and i think I'm in pretty good shape... but I really am getting bored with the approach some people take (men & woman) when they focus first on our looks.

Its really quite boring. I see me everday. Can we talk about something else please? Like - wow your in your 30's and your IQ is in tact!!! Not bad.

I think that looks will attract an interest to start, keeping that interest is a multi-faceted combination of chemistry, personality, intellect and charm. Personally I could never go out with, or marry, a woman I didn't get along with on many levels, it just doesn't do it for me.

Being attractive to your partner is important, but in the long run, it's all the other little things they do for you...how they make you feel, how supportive they are, etc etc etc. the list goes on and on.

I think that what you say is probably the reason so many people break up, because they may be attracted to each other, but do not get along on other levels. Desire is a powerful emotion, but ultimately...love and compatibility is far stronger, and a relationship should not be built on desire alone.

Many women and men alike, seem to date someone they find totally "hot", then don't want them to open their mouths, exchange ideas, laugh together etc etc...it's as the french say..."Soi belle/beau, puis tais toi!" "Be pretty, and shut up!" Personally i can't stand it, but many people fool themselves into thinking it will make for a satisfying relationship...thus they repeat the same patterns...date the same kind of people, who are used to basing their relationships on superfluous or antiquated notions, and yet still manage to be surprised that the result is always the same.

Definition of stupidity:- Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Just a thought.

Herv.
 Al_Bear
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:33:47 AM
I expect a women who is in her 30's to be more confident, more open, and expect more from life. I also expect them to realize that taking care of them self not only means physically but also mentally. That they don't need a man in their life but want a man in their life.
 yummymummy32
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:42:31 AM
to tell you the truth, i'm much more confident in my thirties than i was in my twenties.
i have accomplished everything that i wanted before i was thirty. i have two beautiful girls and i have my own buisness. i finally figured out who i am and i like the person i have become.
 Hervie1
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:56:55 AM
Well said Al bear, go read his profile ladies, he has his feet firmly planted on planet earth. I think i agree with him totally. We don't expect to play games....didn't we do that when we were teenagers?

As a guy in his 30s, I'm sure women want us to be all the above...why not them too?
 tropicalfem
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/18/2006 10:35:18 AM
Hervie totally agree with your opinion, also i think we just look as we feel, have you seem someone who is sad and dont look sad? in my case i feel full of energy, i consider myself really confident and secure of eveyrthing i do i have my north really clear, that means i know what do i want and where i am going to...the appearance is important because it reflects the first impression of you, but the most important thing it is what exists in your mind and in your heart and your aptitude to share it with the others... couples, friends or families.
 ILoveMusic
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/18/2006 1:31:43 PM

Women in their 30s are a myth. Women stop aging at 29. ;)

Ccan you explain that to "the Girls"? They are convinced gravity is increasing exponentially per year!
 tropicalfem
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:01:44 PM
Who are you talking to Ilovemusic?
 felis48
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:08:38 PM
trapicalfern what about woman in their 50's what do you think men expect from them?
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:12:26 PM
I would expect them to be chasing us guys in our 30's...ya know the women in thier 40's are after men 20 years younger so women in thier 50's should be doing the same...hehe
 felis48
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:16:09 PM
That sounds good to me but there are a lot of young men that want a young barbie dall and it is hard for the younger men to except the flaws that older woman have and believe me they have them unless they have a lot of money to keep them selves prim and proper or just have it in their blood and thems the lucky ones.
 Aurorasdream
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:34:01 PM
Actually I love my 30's. My 20's were all about fun and just experiencing life, getting educated, etc. My 30's have been good. I look good, feel good and who are as old as you feel. Age is just a number. For me I will always be a kid at heart. :o)
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:36:03 PM
^^It is no wonder..you live in the perfect place..a beach!!! No fair!!
 ILoveMusic
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:48:46 PM
TropicalFern- it was to aliasincognito!

THread name- What do men exspect from a woman in his 30's?

I read "his" as What do men exspect from a woman in HER 30's? - I assumed it was a typo since the thread man didnt read right! Maybe IQ does disappear all the way around! Too funny.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What do men exspect from a woman in his 30's?