Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lil,blonde
Msg: 1
WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Hello all
I have what I feel is a valid question and would love to hear your feedback/input...whatever you have to say....
I have been on a few dating sites and found this one to be the best. I am although appalled at the one thing they all have in common.
Men do not ever "TAKE THE FIRST STEP" They do not email first, they do not ask you out, they very rarely volunteer a phone number. Some refuse to post pics on their profile and it is a must for me.....(You have seen me and it is not fair if I have not seen you.....Quid pro Quo....is clearly in my profile. )They do not take the first step at anything. Or is this just me. Please let me know if it is just me having this problem or many......Thanks classy
 2LuvYou2
Msg: 2
WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:23:48 PM
Well I have been on this site for a while.... and yes many do take the first step and email so you can't say all men..... and besides that whats wrong with you making the first step??

If you are going to sit around waiting for the "MAN" to make the "FIRST STEP" then you are going to be waiting a long time!

How about putting a little effort in yourself....and stop complaining, then you might get somewhere.
 whotookmyname
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:26:40 PM
are you ^^^^assuming she is * whinning * cause that dont happen in the pof forums n stuff
 Niniricci
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:27:36 PM
Hmmm... I don't know. I've had QUITE a few men 'take the first step'. They've been the first to do everything. I don't who you've been talking to but they may just be....oh wait, no swearing allowed..am I allowed to... oh wait, can't do that either...

Just...keep looking. You'll find 'em!

Nini
 Wizard097
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:29:38 PM
This has been done in various ways a lot....lets see..woman complains that shes getting too many contact messages..many of which are rude...women say they just delete all many times...thus missing a potential mate....men try to send a message...consistently get read/delete..check out profiles and read..dont send me a message blah blah blah....it does get old for some
 socaughtup
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:36:08 PM
I don't like to take the very first step. I excuse it in being old-fashioned (yeah most don't buy it). At first you may think that doesn't sound right, but I like the coquettish signal that I should make the 'first' step, even though it's actually the second :P
It's that kind of thing that makes people who know me say I like the games. But if innocent tete-a-tete is considered game playing then i guess I'm in. Remember that online it's tough to give the guys a little gaze with the look away, or the shy smile when caught looking. I find that it helps to be creative.
 roxygemini
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/25/2006 1:44:04 PM

Men do not ever "TAKE THE FIRST STEP" They do not email first, they do not ask you out, they very rarely volunteer a phone number.

Are you actually checking your inbox?? I talk to many women on here who get emailed constantly from men. I don't know what to say other then I don't see it! Good luck though!
 Leeanne
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2006 2:18:42 PM
I find the opposite true - too many emails and too many phone numbers - I never make the first move.
 fish-slayer
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/25/2006 2:40:49 PM
when I was single I always took the first step. Why because you should always tell females whats on you mind not what they want to hear Because eventually you are gonna get to the first. And if you have led them elsewhere then you will be disapointed Not them
 LL3
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/25/2006 2:46:07 PM
WOW!!!! OP(Original Poster).....Nice first paragraph.. I bet yer gonna have em lining up around the corner. Good job sister....

See, way back at the beginning of this thing we probably did a lot more than we do now. However, times have changed, "wish lists" are a lot longer, a LOT of flubbing in the profiles and so on...

Now, as you continue on through POF and the Forums that are always re-surfacing and being redone, you are going to hear a lot about READ/DELETED.... You'll come to understand that soon enough once they start flooding in and you start doing it yourself....
 Hezron
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/25/2006 2:47:23 PM
I hate to say it but men are always making the first move...but they ar probably making the first move on only 10% of the women. Many women make the first move but again on probably 10% of the men. I heard a great line once...in any human bredding population of 2000 people...there will be on average 1000 men and 1000 women...100 men breed with all the available women and the other 900 have X-Box.
 Kiaa
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/25/2006 2:51:13 PM
men wont take a first step becasue they are spinless and they doint know what a first step is anymore
 Re-Invented*
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:05:56 PM
I see that this is going nowhere and fast..

men wont take a first step becasue they are spinless and they doint know what a first step is anymore
 2LuvYou2
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:07:57 PM
You are kidding me with that comment right? maybe the men you meet are spineless {btw learn to spell}...that comment was rude and uncalled for, after reading many of your STUPID threads that you have started on here kiaa now I know why you are getting the feed back from men that you are getting! personally if I was a guy I would walk right past you because your attitude sucks!

I have been on here for a while now and I have met alot of awesome people...and btw some women need to learn what the "FIRST STEP" is.... so just don't go calling it out on the men!
 LL3
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:12:30 PM
It's funny though, sometimes people confuse first contact with first step... It might be splitting hairs some, but I think there is a difference.

Now with OP and the advent of this newest male basher.....a first step in the other direction might be in order.

You will get out of this place, what you put into it... It's not all going to be good, but it shouldn't be bad either.. Just depends on how you work it.

Last I checked this morning when I got out of bed, the spine clicked itself merrily back into place, so I know mine is intact. Yours?
 inamorata
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:27:42 PM
The men I've met have taken the first step but on the other hand I'd not have an issue making the first move either.

There probably aren't that many men that include my age group in their search parameters?

What tends to strike me funny is that I've received more requests from the very much younger men that those in my age group. Goodness but some are even younger than my sons!

But, more than anything, I feel we need to take a serious look at our profiles and see what message we're sending out to the others.

All the best in your search,

Inamorata
 The Lady
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:30:47 PM
If I might add a bit of information here, the original poster's age (which is the same as mine) is a clue as to why men don't take the first step. I noted that with only one exception, all of the responders so far are significantly younger.

I've been on a number of sites in the past few years, and it's quite true that the men of our age group don't generally take the first step....with women our age. Our dating reality is quite different than the younger generations'.

Sad, but true.
 The Lady
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:33:14 PM
Classy....I wanted to comment on your no-picture, no reply rule. You might well be missing out. I've spoken with a number of men that don't have a picture with their profile, but will provide one in an email. I don't have my photo visible either. There are good reasons, for some people, to not have their photos in plain view. Sometimes its worth finding out what those reasons are. :)
 *Toosh*
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:41:26 PM
To the OP: why are you so appalled that men don't make the first move on here, it's 2006 sista...get a move on you make the first move if you see a nice looking man.

Why do some women feel the need to WAIT until the man makes the move, if you like somebody just go for it, what's the problem?...* answers own question * the same reason that some men won't make the first move = REJECTION...booyah!! everybody knows it.

Sorry not blasting, just don't get it, we women have to do some of the chasing too, nice for a change.
 Darklord 13
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:42:38 PM
Even though some men still do "take the first step", you'll find alot of things have changed since equal rights for women killed chivalry! Don't despair now that it's equal, contact them first. Some men like being chased after, (lol, it's a funny feeling, but a good one!), I like it but also like doing the chasing at times too (just not when i'm tired, can't run that fast anymore! ).

good luck in the chase!!!
 My_Island
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:56:00 PM

Some refuse to post pics on their profile and it is a must for me.....(You have seen me and it is not fair if I have not seen you.....Quid pro Quo....is clearly in my profile. )They do not take the first step at anything

"it is not fair" is a deal breaker with me.... it then becomes an issue of what is fair and what isn't fair on many issues later. I interpret that as a good indicator for what to expect in the relationship... I won't make the first step in that case.... I'll probably step backwards.
 kendo¬≥
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/25/2006 3:58:37 PM
I just don't want to get lost in your many emails, so I let the women email me first. Women always have guys hitting on them so I don't just want to be like everyone else. I find that when I make the first move, I get snubbed. But when I sit back, someone comes to sit back with me.

I think its the way things work now adays. But I do send the odd one out anyway. Just in case.
 Wizard097
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:02:18 PM
You know what I find funny about this...its 2006 and here we are calling men spineless in one post without calling women the same...this is too funny...look folks..works both ways..if you want someone, go get him or her or you are the one who loses out.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:02:36 PM
And what website are you talking about there CLASSYPLUS ????
As all I hear on this website is guys complaining they do email women first and yes so do I .
And all we get back is read&deleted or just deleted!!LOL
And even women also won't post their pics up in thier profiles .
So how can you say men don't take the first step ??
As that just kinda makes it a DAM IF WE DO or Dam if we don't !! So don't blame us men. You ladies can actually contact us too you know or is that to much for men to ask women to do now a days !!

Webgrrl74
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:03:12 PM
Men (I think) are just as nervous about being rejected as we are!

There are tons of women out there willing to just go after what they want and by just hanging back, we miss out on someone who we actually think might suit us! On a personal note, I'm horrid at going after I want usually until it's too late, but I am trying to change that as well. :)

Edit: *whooohoo....I'm FINALLY on top!*
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???