Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > POF = Plenty of Friends???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pearl13
Msg: 1
POF = Plenty of Friends???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
In discussion with a few friends of mine, I realized how many friends I have made from this site.... and being relatively new to this city, I find myself in a very fortunate position!!!

The people I have met through POF, the gatherings, the forums, etc... are in a word - AMAZING!!!

So... what has been your experience?.... have you made more "friends" than had "romances?".... have you made friends that will stay with you for a long time yet?.... or are they more of the "acquaintance" level?

Dr_Malcolm
Msg: 2
POF = Plenty of Friends???
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:01:46 PM
I've had one semi-romance(she was just cheating on her BF :( ) from here, but I've made a lot of friends.
 roxygemini
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:02:41 PM
You are right, the people ROCK!!!!

I have made friends and aquaintances and plan on having many fun times with all of them!

Edit---Not the fun times that Doc is referring to though! Ei yei yei! (Poor Doc--Hugs)

More of a fourty ouncer and some rap music type of good time! LMAO
 miss_allison
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:03:38 PM
made some really dear friends and fell in love
now i smile like smilin is going out of style
 pinklily
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:05:29 PM

what has been your experience?.... have you made more "friends" than had "romances?".... have you made friends that will stay with you for a long time yet?.... or are they more of the "acquaintance" level?

Experience has, overall, been good. Definately made more friends than romances...considering I've not had anything that could really be called a romance lol. I like to think that a lot of the friends I've made are true friends whose friendships will be around for a long long time but there are probably several 'acquaintances' as well.

I love this place....I have met and become friends with a lot of people I would not have ever met if it weren't for POF.
 roxygemini
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:06:31 PM
Miss A, it is funny today I was looking at all the party pics and at you and your bf still together!! I thought to myself about the time that you told me that you guys went tubing and came out of the closet! I smiled to myself thinking this site rocks and "'aint love grand"!!

plainjanie
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:07:48 PM
I would have to say a big thankyou to this site,,

I have met a lot of people from going to a lot of the outings,, and of which some of those people have become very dear friends,,

I also have met that special person I was looking for,,
so thankyou pof,,

keep smiling janie
 plainjanie
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:07:56 PM
I would have to say a big thankyou to this site,,

I have met a lot of people from going to a lot of the outings,, and of which some of those people have become very dear friends,,

I also have met that special person I was looking for,,
so thankyou pof,,

keep smiling janie
 DivineBovine
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:09:11 PM
so far, a couple of good friends, a wide circle of acquaintances that could still turn out to be friends and one amazing man!

miss_allison
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:10:37 PM
roxygemini geez that feels like an eternity ago

i'll never forget how scary it was to go public with such a new relationship but heck we did it and havent looked back

i have to say that out of my 35 years... this has been the best one yet!!!
i contribute it to making good friends and falling in love with a super great guy!
 pearl13
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:17:45 PM
Allison... I think you are both very fortunate...... you are both good peeps.... and he is kept very busy keeping up with you, I think.....
 Sweet Virginia
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:17:46 PM
Hi guys ... well my introduction to this site was when I found my apparently exclusive boyfriend on here seeking "someone special"! So I didn't like you guys at first! (jk) Anyway all has turned out for the best and I must say I like this place especially the forums. I'm not really looking for anyone right now but when I am I may come out to a few parties. Good for you Janie for finding someone! (I have met Janie kinda sorta ) Now pleeeezzzzzeeee don't tell me you're dating my ex-boyfriend!
 Stardust
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:22:36 PM
I have met some 'Amazing' friends..............all the people on this site are amazing, I havent met anyone that I wouldnt consider a friend............havent found the 'one' yet though.......

I wouldnt trade any of it though...............if it wasnt for the internet, I prob wouldnt have met anyone, with being single with kids, it is harder to get out and meet people.........

I have been on other sites, but havent met near the people I have from pof...............

so a big Thank You to BigFish and Plentyoffish..............

congratulations to miss allison and plainjanie for finding their fish...........i have met both women, and they are just amazing and deserve it................
 Jetplague
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:23:41 PM
Lots o' friends....zero connections romance wise...mainly because I don't see enough of these people, don't get out that often, I'm ugly as all sin, I come off sounding like a total idiot...or I'm just too much man for one woman to love. Take your pick.
 pearl13
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:32:00 PM
@Jet... I have never met you, but I do think you have a lot more on the ball than you give yourself credit for..... but, all is not lost if you are still making friends and connections from this site.

As for the other posters that I have met.... yes, I would definitely consider you all in the friends category.... all different, but ALL GOOD!!!

Mysticallyurs
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:41:54 PM
Ive made lots of friends n its just amazing how its put a different look on life sometimes, I have to include something here though for ppl that dont no about all the POF partys n functions in their areas, they really need to get out to some of them cause u,ll make the best of friends male n female no matter what ur looking for. U,ll have a friend in every city,,
 d-belle
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/2/2006 7:04:51 PM
I have made a lot of aquaintances and also some very good friends....life friends, special friends who I cherish very much. Some of them are even men!

I am hoping to find the special connection, but I'm not going to hold my breath.......or I'd be dead by now. What the future holds is a mystery...but I'm loving my time here so far.

My profile actually refers to this place as Plenty of Friends.
 ThatsAmore
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/2/2006 7:24:18 PM
I agree DB. I met you didn't I and you are a wonderful person.
I don't know that you can meet the person of your dreams on here, for you have to take the pond with a grain of salt.
If you do thats terrific, but along the way, through the get togethers and the forums, you get to meet some pretty fantastic people.
I always believe you are only as rich as the friends you keep.
I have met some that are casual, talk to once in a blue moon, but the ones I keep closest to my heart are those such as Spanky69, Bluenight, DivisionBell, ScorpioChic and Timmer42(who are busy being in love and aren't on here anymore)Twisted40, Creter, 2luvu2, ssbbw, bluedew, Roxy(you know which rox) Nikita, my papa Intrepid just to name a close few and ya you too Chritters even though you torment the he## outta most of the time.
I know there are more but that would take forever.

The point being, its sometimes not about romance or love(although we all hope for the best) its about reaching out and hopefully making someones day a little bit brighter and making some new friends along the way.

everyone
 My_Island
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/2/2006 7:26:35 PM
I must add that I sometimes have a unique way of presenting my thoughts. I may be abrassive at times (often actually-lol) but that personality flaw doesn't prohibit me from seeing the good in many of the people here.

There is not a person within this site that hasn't added a little *(asterick) or doubt to my point of view.... I accept everybody's posts as a possibility that I should rethink my position. Although I challenge some POFers I still feel their contributions to be, in the most part, an education.

I think if I lived in a different area I would probably enjoy the comradarie in a different (better) way.... besides I have no problem being biotch slapped for some of my posts made - as long as she's wearing leather and her booty bounces -
 pearl13
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/2/2006 7:28:08 PM
@ThatsAmore... why didn't you post this thread?.... you say it so much better than I did..... LOL

The point being, its sometimes not about romance or love(although we all hope for the best) its about reaching out and hopefully making someones day a little bit brighter and making some new friends along the way.

Exactly the point I was trying to make in starting this thread!.......
 ThatsAmore
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/2/2006 7:30:48 PM
cause I'm shy!!!
 Leeanne
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2006 9:55:50 PM
Romance and friends - so far I have had what I came for. Sure some ups and downs but it was as expected. No one promised me a rose garden.
 kitkat45
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/2/2006 11:10:08 PM
I have met so very, very many wonderful folks....that I am sure I never would have, had I not joined POF! I have not met "Mr. Wonderful", but heck, if that doesn't happen, I am ok with it for sure! I have gained so much from the contacts I have made...Thanks Big Fish!
 GUMMLE
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/3/2006 1:42:35 AM
And here I thought POF stood for...
Popular Old Fart...
Cuz every time I get out...
I'm surrounded by attractive women...
You just had to destroy a perfectly good delusion...
Dintcha Pearl?? J/K

Have met the most wonderful peeps...
And even though I'm terrible with remembering their real names...
I never forget the faces...
That belong to the hearts...
That have touched my life...
With joy and laughter...

Party On Friends...
 mystrygal
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2006 2:15:25 AM
Well got on this site by a friend and look whats happened made some awesome friends.
What a way to meet people from all over the place had some good at the events I have
attended.. And hope to stay in touch with all the friends I have made past and future.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > POF = Plenty of Friends???