Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > MOMMY'S BOYS......CAN YOU REALLY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetkylady
Msg: 1
MOMMY'S BOYS......CAN YOU REALLY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
LAdies you all know what i am talkin about, the mman who is stuck to his mom and dosent seem on lettin go anytime soon.. HE can go out and everything but it seems like every decision he make is baced around weather or not his mom aproves....Just look how many guys there is still living at home with their parents when there are well old enough to live on their own.... WHATS THE POINT IN THAT? .... Why do guys seem to cling to their parents and stay home longer then girls?.....and Is it really possable to have a real relationship past talking with them?.....(why cant most men be more independent?........

Kimberly
 Aurora73
Msg: 2
MOMMY'S BOYS......CAN YOU REALLY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM?
Posted: 5/7/2006 4:38:07 PM
To answer your first question, "No."

~Aurora
 krisiepoo
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:23:47 PM
I don't think its a matter of having a relationship with the boy, but having a relationship with his mom. How do you fancy dating the dudes mom?
 krisiepoo
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:24:06 PM
I don't think its a matter of having a relationship with the boy, but having a relationship with his mom. How do you fancy dating the dudes mom?
 hapeenurse
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:28:24 PM
NO you can't!
no matter what he has his moms back. If you and his mom disagree - he will almost surely take her side. He will talk to her about private things between the two of you and will most likely take her advice (if she doesn't like you) and get rid of you.

I'm all for a guy who is close to his mom (speaks volumes about the type of person one is) However there is a difference between being close and still attached at the umbilical cord.
 digitalsanity
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:34:16 PM
No thanks! I can not stand mommas boys.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:35:48 PM
Sure, if they ever cut the preverbial apron strings and can prove they are self sufficient.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:01:24 AM
You cannot have a relationship with a mommy's boy. Trust Carrie on this.
I once saw a guy and knew at that moment he was meant for me. I cannot explain it, I just knew. We dated for about two years. He was the love of my life. We were in love. We were quite happy together. I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. There was only one problem, his mommy. His mom liked me but she could not stop hovering over him.
He was 28 years old. His mom did his laundry. She cooked meals for him and brought them up so he could freeze them. She took care of his finances. She had his bank information and paid his bills and such. She even picked out his clothing.
She had a key to his apartment and would come over without calling all the time. She would get upset if I slept over as that was a sin.
We were going to move in together but he could not as his mom would have been mad at him.
I could not take it anymore. Three was a crowd. I broke up with him. We had several talks and he knew that he was a mommy's boy. He liked it I think.
So, from experience, you cannot have a relationship with a mommy's boy.
~Carrie
 greyin
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:11:48 AM
nope been there done that and it didnt work because momma didnt want it to
 TheDevilsAdvocate
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:21:50 AM
Nope. It isn't possible because he is already commited to one woman, and in order to be commited to you in the full sense of the word, he'd have to break ties with his mum.

And no, it isn't possible to make him break those ties; he has to decide when he's ready to do so.

Maria XOXO
 Gallivanting1
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:18:07 AM
Of course you can. You'd have to be willing to make allowances for him to always be at his mom's beck and call, come second in his life, have her override your decisions, expect her to drop in unexpectedly and uninvited, comment on your cooking, fashion sense, family and child rearing skills but come on ladies - he's worth it - isn't he??
 ~sweetiie~
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:38:26 AM
Not a chance...
~sweetiie~
 LunaLover
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:42:10 AM
I have to agree with Carrie on this one. You can for a while but if mom doesn't like you and the guy doesn't see it then the relationship is doomed to fail. I had it happen to me. We had been dating for three years and mom just couldn't handle it. The end was that if he broke up with me she would buy him a brand new truck of his dreams. She bought him that truck and he left in tears. Last I heard he had destroyed the truck right away (slamming it into things on purpose, driving it off road and banging it up) and bought a different car so he wouldn't have to drive it. Mom got her way for a minute but he resents her now.
Luna

So if i was living at home looking after my mum who has been ill for 3 years

Julian, completely different scenario there. It's one thing to live with your mom to help her if she's sick. I'd think that would be a trait I would admire.
 Nicemuppet
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:03:14 AM
The thing is, we were all living at home once!!!
I found it easy to adapt when i bought my flat,
i didnt bat an eyelid at everyday bills as it was my domain
and the price of independance. I think guys find it harder
as alot of mums ruin their boys, like the good old fashioned days when women did everything and guys earned the money.. but in all fairness, i know alot of guys that have adapted nicelly when they left home and thats because theyve done it alone without a woman fussing behind them which we all do, Dont we ladies???

the only thing i find, is guys living at home not realizing, what
the price of food costs, they are so into this modern world where we split the tab, when we go out, but seem to forget how much the food costs that we keep cooking them on a regular basis... that in itself annoys me, cos they dont want to go out as they have no money, but its fine for the woman to prepare a meal and not bat an eyelid!!! cos we have this shopping tree that grows in the garden dont we?

The only way a relationship with a mummys boy would last, is if you could talk and set out a few ground rules, thats something i find hard in itself...
as for the mother, id say ud know wether shes a good mum or a smothering mum as soon as you meet her.. i met one smothering mum a few years back.
The witch from hell id call her.. when i stayed over, she would still come in his room in the morning to lay his clothes on the bottom of his bed for work...
now that was puke time-trust me... im surprized she didnt lodge herself in bed between us...
If i ever met a mum like that again... and the guy accepted it, id be off like a shot. Sod that!!!
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:59:53 AM
Why would you ever pursue someone like this?
 lilbitnawty
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/8/2006 10:54:38 AM
I was in a relationship with a momma's boy ... my sons father is a mommas boy... when I got preggo I went to live with him at his mom's house and then got apartment right next door to her when we (his mom and I) argued she would bang on the wall so he would know that she wants him.... he was always at her house never took care of my son ... then when they moved into the house we went to live in their basement (BIG MISTAKE) broke up and now Im married to someone else..
 tinkerbellebelle
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/8/2006 11:50:06 AM
My ex-husband was a Momma's boy and when we would argue it felt like instead of fighting one person, I was instead fighting two .. him AND his mother I'm avoiding that like the plague ..never again ;)
 7times
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/8/2006 11:52:02 AM
don't even waste your time with them unless you enjoy a pain in the as* relationship.. Not only that they might skin a knee and cry like a baby running to mommy
 stackedace
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/8/2006 12:33:21 PM
Hey Kimberly I think this is an interesting thread that you have going. Basically I think some men are smarter than girls and see the big picture. They live at home longer to save money and then buy a house/condo and move out. Most girls just dash right out at an early age to sew there oats without their parents lookin over their shoulders. I think men are more honest thatw ay, they will tell their parents who they are datin and where they are really goin. Havin said that, I do have compassion for womem who have had overbearing mother-inlaws who do not repect their sons relationship. It would be more a case of asking the boyfirend to set boundaries with their Mother, so she does not interferr in the relationship issues. Most people, men and women are misunderstood, just beacuse you live somewhere people should not assume you are something ie: Momas boy
 jrh76
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/2/2010 2:50:28 PM
There is no way it can ever work. It's already engraved on his for head that he is a mommy's boy. I just got out of a relationship who was a mommy's little angel. Bottom line, to all the ladies out there, Don't do it! ahhhhhh!!!!!!
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/2/2010 5:38:16 PM
No you can't have a romantic relationship with these kind of man boys.
 sandraas
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/2/2010 5:45:02 PM
Run for the hills! That is why I got divorced. Mine was 43, and his mother still wanted to wash his clothes, buy him underwear with certain wording on it such as, "here comes Santa". She overpowered him with her money. He lost his job and had to go over her house to help her instead of looking for another. RUN!!!!
 eastwood969
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:21:17 PM
Can't we all just get along. You ladies either are or want to be moma's yourself. How could you be so hard on the Moma's of the world? Thank God its not mothers day.My mother is long gone but I hope she's not floating around the earth and reading stuff like this. lol
 Blind_Archer
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2010 12:40:03 AM

Why do guys seem to cling to their parents and stay home longer then girls?.....

Is this a fact? I ask this sincerely, as I am curious if men in general truly do stay home longer than girls? Or is this just a gross generalization?

For me, I have been on my own since before I was even 18. And, conversely, (and oddly, now that I think about it), my last 3 LTRs were all with women who never truly left home on their own (my last one is 32 years old and still depends on her parents for gas money, food, shelter, car insurance, everything).

I think this thread can be generalized more accurately as "Can you have a relationship with an SO who 1)still lives with parents and/or 2)have no spine of their own and have to defer to other people (including their mom/dad) when it comes to making adult decisions and conducting their lives?"

In either case, the answer to that would be: "No."

People who cannot stand up for themselves and need their parents to sustain them or back them up will only end up seeking the same from you if you get into a "serious" relationship with them because they literally do not know how to hold themselves up on their own; in other words, you'll have to babysit your SO and do everything for them short of wiping their butts! I know, cuz I've been a "babysitter" now for a while now, and wiping butts stinks!

Let the babies stay attached to their mothers' bosom--not yours. If they haven't been weaned by now, they'll never learn.
 Fizics
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2010 3:20:10 AM
Wow. Another hate thread, what a surprise.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > MOMMY'S BOYS......CAN YOU REALLY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM?