Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > So are you going to be in heaven?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 romegaguy36
Msg: 1
So are you going to be in heaven?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I heard it was an awesome place just like to hear from others who will be there also.
 .liv2222.
Msg: 2
So are you going to be in heaven?
Posted: 5/7/2006 11:48:59 PM
Well, considering it's our true home, I would have to say yes, I'm definitely going back. Hopefully I'll stick to my current plan and STAY there this time...*Lol* (Okay, so if you're not a believer in reincarnation, my words make no sense to you....*Lol*)

And judging by my most recent astral travel, awesome doesn't even come close to describing it....
 Outdoor2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2006 12:54:52 AM
"To thyne own self, be true"

Does anything else matter?

Well, maybe a pair of skiis, and a shit load of snow!
 ashley1861
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:58:49 AM
I've got my ticket
 zenandtheartof
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:57:38 AM
I am there right now
 sidheanwwyn
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:07:44 PM
if as advertised, then i hope not, as it sounds really boring. all the good stuff is supposed to be a sin....
 Robertj64
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:47:02 PM
Not if you joing the Muslim faith Sid,
Then you get how many virgins??? All the stuff you were blasphemed for on earth you can now enjoy !!!
 nightlord
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:51:00 PM
Last time I checked, there were ONLY two people that could made the determination as to whether or not any individual would be in Heaven:
One, we nailed to a tree.
The second, you won't be hearing from until you're dead.

In the meantime, quit assuming you're one of the "special" ones. You don't have the authority to say so.
 .liv2222.
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:00:22 PM

Last time I checked, there were ONLY two people that could made the determination as to whether or not any individual would be in Heaven:
One, we nailed to a tree.
The second, you won't be hearing from until you're dead.

So says a book written by men. I've read other books, also written by men (and women) which say the opposite. What gives one book more authority than the others?

My intuition and guides also say quite the opposite, and since they've never proven me wrong before, I think I'll stick with them.

In the meantime, quit assuming you're one of the "special" ones. You don't have the authority to say so.

We're ALL special ones, nightlord. That I've got on good authority...
 Robertj64
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:03:33 PM
Nightlord
At least we have to get the facts right....."we" did not nail anyone to a tree. I can speak for myself and my family. Secondly, I thought it was a cross that Jesus was nailed to and not a tree.....which is it?
Please enlighten us where you checked as maybe we could do some checking of our own. I believe you are referring to St. Peter's for the second person. There is no basis for that in the bible unless there is something I am missing. Again, enlighten us since you are the authority who knows what lies ahead without being there.
 nightlord
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:16:18 PM
First, the "cross" was made of wood. Go knock on a tree, smartass.
Second, by "special" I obviously meant those going to Heaven as opposed to those not. Side-stepping the point in no way disproves, or even argues, it.
Third: .liv2222., the original poster was not referring to reincarnation, and therefore neither did I.

Lastly, back to Robertj64... assuming your place in Heaven is secured constitutes Pride. You might want to look that one up.
 Robertj64
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:37:57 PM
Nightlord
Just because a cross is made of wood does not mean they nailed him to a tree. We do not call things by their derivatives. We do not refer to a wooden table as a tree table or a tree desk.
I never assumed my place in Heaven is secured, however you have made religious assumption on stories that cannot be verified or proven and you know what happens when you assume......
 jdmule
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:54:03 PM
Lastly, back to Robertj64... assuming your place in Heaven is secured constitutes Pride. You might want to look that one >the way i view it is what enables a person to go to heaven in the first place is faith , maybe he was just projecting his faith [speaking thing that are not as if they were], now making judgements can be a hard place to find yourself in [ judge not less you yourself should be judged], myself, i believe there is a god and that the bible was divinely written, as a warning,why what was the first sin eating the fruit from the tree of knoledge and sin or something like that, our knoledge is gonna kill us all one day as we constantly kill this planet and all the creatures upon it ,...at which time we will all find out ,...i am going to heaven and that is just faith talking
 Breaca
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:56:06 PM

Just because a cross is made of wood does not mean they nailed him to a tree.

Didn't we go through a discussion on the cross before with Mr. Felix?

jdmule
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:56:20 PM
the first part of that was suspose to be one of those highlighted things i see here all the time i guess i screwed it up, the part before the arrow
 HaPenis
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:09:16 PM
I'll be there if God is all loving; if not I will be punished for my ignorance.
 kristajoy
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:13:37 PM
Well, yes, the cross was made from a tree.......But if you have ever read the Bible, you would find in the book of Matthew that when Jesus walked, or was pushed up over the mountain and nailed to the cross........he was carrying it, so it wasnt a tree that was planted there already. Sorry, maybe i am reading this wrong, but it was a cross that He was nailed to. I have been studying the Bible for quite some time. Dont mock it.....its actually quite interesting, but yes, you can take it alot of different ways if you dont research it.
 Robertj64
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:02:45 PM
Krista et al
I guess if you were going to read the bible one way and one way only..you could make that jump in the assumption that the cross is equal to the tree. The thing I find frustrating is that so many people study their bible but do not take the pains to learn the historical backing of it. For instance, no one in the Christian faith began to worship the crosses before the fourth century AD. There have been various discrepancies in using the cross and the hanging on a tree description.
I agree with studying what the Bible says but more people should take an interest to how and when it was written. There would be a lot more explanation and a lot more serious questions to where the faith has come from and how it was developed.
 twobits45
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:37:52 PM

I agree with studying what the Bible says but more people should take an interest to how and when it was written. There would be a lot more explanation and a lot more serious questions to where the faith has come from and how it was developed.
It doesn't matter who wrote it. "All scripture is inspired by God..." You claim to have read it, are you missing a page?
 sidheanwwyn
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:51:30 PM
already had my share of virgins, robert. and them some...
 tim49250
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:27:32 PM
Jlcrome what concept of Heaven or Paradise are you referring to? What is Heaven like to you? Perhaps then I can make an somewhat intelligent reply to your to your question.

If you are referring to the Bible's account of Heaven would you be so kind as to give a scriptural reference like the book chapter and verse/s. This could be a very good question.

Remember that Jesus was quoted here in the book of Matthew to say that the "kingdom of heaven is at hand" meaning perhaps that it is on earth because of His arrival. Two thousand years is a long time to tell mortals to repent because the "kingdom of is at hand" if it was still to come when Jesus made this statement, don't you think? Surly Jesus must have meant it is really here actually at hand or in the present because of His arrival, right?

Matthew 4:17 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
A Public Domain Bible KJV at Zondervan Zondervan

17From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
 Robertj64
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:49:26 PM
Two bits
You have no clue as to who wrote the bible and you say it does not matter. I have some land for you in Florida ....it should not matter who is there ...just buy it and give your blind faith to whomever is there will let you stay once you are there.
All scripture is NOT inspired by God otherwise there would not be over a thousand years of persecuting the Jews...and do not tell me it never happened because I will prove my point with concrete examples of how the bible especially Matthew have inspired waves and waves of anti-semitism. New testament scripture was altered to benefit the Church's position over its rival factions.
Again still sniping on the sidelines as you always do.

Let me ask you two bits...do you think you are better than me because you find the bible inspiring and I do not? I respect that whatever faith you have, you got there on your own...good for you. But if I do not find the bible inspiring, does that make me inferior to you?
 .liv2222.
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/8/2006 10:18:14 PM
.liv2222., the original poster was not referring to reincarnation, and therefore neither did I.

Ahh, but that's the beauty of an open forum...

I read it my way, through my own filters, which include reincarnation and my own personal journey. You read the OP's post and took it in another direction. Diversity is what makes life grand.

You have no clue as to who wrote the bible and you say it does not matter. I have some land for you in Florida ....it should not matter who is there ...just buy it and give your blind faith to whomever is there will let you stay once you are there.

Exactly, Robert. I don't get it either... :up:

You know, Nightlord, for a person who has chosen to call himself "Non-Religious", you certainly do take a very Christian-like approach...
 Hezron
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/9/2006 4:31:01 AM
Heaven is before you...all around you...within and without. We just have to have the right minds to see it.
 civilizedbarbarian
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/9/2006 4:44:54 AM
Hmm...after pondering this question and many like it I have come to but one conclusive answer...for myself at least. That answer for me is...I don't care. No one knows for certain with viable proof what comes after this life, so I tend to worry about more important things such as paying off my debts, gaining knowledge, and for myself the most important thing...Living.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > So are you going to be in heaven?