Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do I look good in mirror but not pictures?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spent
Msg: 1
Why do I look good in mirror but not pictures?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I almost always look good in my bathroom mirror but have never got a picture that looks as good and I have tried very hard. I dont look good in changing room mirror ; just bathroom mirrors.
 SavageBitch
Msg: 2
Why do I look good in mirror but not pictures?
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:16:20 PM
Well try holding a camera up(away from your face) but pointed at the bathroom mirror and take a pic. Might work. Good Luck!
 Carol27
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:25:51 PM
Some people are photogenic...some aren't.
 raspberries n cream
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:39:18 PM
Well its usually hard to get a pic in the bathroom mirror.

- - -

The flash ruins everything.

Just say to people...heres my pic dont worry about the way I look in it I look way better in the mirror. wait till you see

-lol
 squirrly
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:41:51 PM
maybe get someone to take a candid shot of you when you aren't expecting and posing for it. Sometimes people pull strange faces and have stiff smiles when they know they are having their pic taken.
 raspberries n cream
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:43:14 PM
I think it has something to do with when we look in the mirror ...left visual date goes to right brain and right eye visual date goes to the left

thats why asymetrical faces i.e. Denzel Washington are considered handsome or "The Sexiest Man Alive"

since most of us are not nearly as cursed with good looks as him, the best advice
is usually to just show your best side in pictures, its usually the left side of the face for
most people, I believe
 bugsybears
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:44:30 PM
hmmm spent i don't know what to tell you, cause i'm just the opposite. i hate looking at myself in the mirror. mirrors make me look so big, but i look good in a photo. it's hard to say.
 raspberries n cream
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:45:06 PM
Yeah......or hire a pro photographer for a portrait sitting....they know how to get the light just right (photography is all light and shadow right?)...and some can even follow you around and do outdoor shots using polarized lenses and all sorts of focal lenses and stuff.
 rouxdoo
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:48:36 PM
OP: I'm thinking it's your profile.........YIKES!

I don't have a picture posted so I'm not "complaining" that you don't.........but your profile leaves much to be desired.

(So does mine but I'm not wondering about the same things you are............)

Are you serious about this post?
 kr8ztwin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:48:49 PM
its all about angles

oh god I take horrible photos when I'm out on the town. I seem to have this moment between every second where I make the most hideous and unreal faces and the cameras are designed to catch me at that moment at any given instant. Needless to say, I don't put those pics up

You wanna see me then I'll just turn on my cam....no horrid out an about shots for you
 squirrly
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:50:58 PM
oh I just read his profile. I think someone is just pulling our collective legs.
 JWA
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:53:05 PM
I was just about to add "the mirror you're looking into lies----the camera doesn't" ?!?!?!
 terminallycute
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:55:47 PM
its just cause your camera just doesnt like you!1..

It happens to the best of us!!...sighs
 rouxdoo
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/9/2006 2:59:42 PM
Just curious........you are not a bad looking guy in the least! But who said you looked good in a bathroom mirror?

Odd statement followed by an odd question!
 outdoorguy28
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:52:40 PM
Spent

It all has to do with the lighting and angle. I have had some horrible pics of myself and some good ones so you are not alone. Alot of photos you see of people ie models are profesionally done with lighting and makeup and all that bull sh#T They dont look as good in real life
 Joy.
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:58:17 PM
Maybe it's just a hole in the wall and you're actually looking at the guy next door!
 AngelicusBraticus
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/9/2006 10:02:06 PM
<------------------------------ See pic!

I have a incredible talent for having the dumbest look on my face, any time a camera is pointed in my direction, whether or not I know it is coming. Skillz!!!!
 ruckus123
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:55:20 AM
Buy a new bathroom mirror....
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:58:58 AM
Gee, feeling like you look better in a mirror. That's just silly. Ignore the picture at the left of this posting. lol.
 7times
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:30:28 AM
I like the way I look in the mirror while doing a lady doggie style
 bikebowman
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:32:06 AM
^^^That is funny^^
I look good in the mirror also! The camera gets my whole head in the picture...that when the sheit hits the fan!
 Polly_G
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:35:47 AM
I'm the opposite. I look good in pictures but suck in the mirror. People tell me all the time I don't look like my pictures but they are all fairly recent. I don't know if its a compliment or not but I'm thinking not. Maybe its just my confidence, who knows.
 Saucer123
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:36:04 AM
Funny. Same here. Although I would say, I don't look as bad in the mirror as I do in pics. Video tape I look better than pics too. I can't look directly in the camera or I get this****eyed, cross eyed kinda look.
 LunaLover
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:37:42 AM
I think the answer to this is quite obvious. You are one of those lucky people that has a good self image of their body. You look in the mirror and you are happy with what you see. When I look in a mirror I see someone completely different than I do in pictures. I think I look better in pictures than I do when I look in the mirror. Like someone said the camera doesn't lie. Be glad that you are happy with what you see in the mirror. Most people aren't!
Luna
 melonaide777
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:43:34 AM
People look different in different light.
I look absolutely horrible in department store lights. I have thin pale skin, but I look good in daylight. The things is...I'm not in daylight very much. I look like death warmed over in green light and pretty decent in candle light.

Try daylight....not squinting and with the light behind the camera and try a close up...a nice calm close up to show how you really look most of the time. Get a good camera that will take a good close up. I think a lot of people fear close ups. I don't see the point in posting a dark, hazy or distant picture. People who do that might as well draw a stick figure. I usually ignore people like that....well, now I'm ignoring everybody but that's my problem and I'll deal with it......but as for pictures...there's a technique to be followed to get a good clear shot. If you look good in the bathroom light, take a picture in the bathroom.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do I look good in mirror but not pictures?