Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ignoring Your POF Favorites      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 420somewhere
Msg: 1
Ignoring Your POF FavoritesPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Why do some people put you on their 'favorites' list than ignor you when you contact them? I've had 4 particular ladies add me to their list, to which I gratefully replied with a simple, polite note of introduction, then I never hear back from them. What's up with that? Why bother?
 Jeannie
Msg: 2
Ignoring Your POF Favorites
Posted: 2/17/2005 11:42:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing myself! I'm very new to this ~ within my first week-ish. I've only had 3 people that have sent me email. 1 was an 18 y/o that didn't want to talk, just wanted to me to rate his picture??? 1 sent me an email and the only thing that it said was "come here". I tried to email him back, but I was blocked???? The 3rd (which was actually the first) sent me an email about 3 days ago. I emailed him back and he hasn't been online since. Guess I'm just not understanding this whole deal yet???
 shyness
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/17/2005 11:46:37 PM
I think sometime ppl add you to their fav list cuz they think you're hot or something, but they don't really know you and would like to see you posting more in the forums before they really start talking with you. Weird, but that's the only thing I can figure why this happens
 studioguy80
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/18/2005 12:32:05 AM
You know what I think?

I think a lot of times people add you to their favorites list in hopes that you will add them back just in order to help them rack up the viewable amount of people that have added this person to their list.

So it's sorta like playing a typical popularity game. Basically the ''how many people can I get to add me to their favorites list'' game in a nutshell. Plus, it's most likely a self-esteem issue as well - the more people that they have on their favorites list the more desired and important they probably feel.

This may not always be the case, but I'm betting that at least 6 out of 10 times it is.
 stormycs
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2005 5:38:50 AM
studio - y'know, I never tought about it like that...interesting idea...
 ashley1861
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2005 5:58:50 AM
420somewhere: Palestine Memorial Weekend - Party! will post.
You are very attractive - can't see why a woman wouldn't want to fav you.
I think that people want to go back and revisit, but get distracted. Starting and staying in a "relationship", however loosely woven, is a 2 way street. Many people are afraid of commitment - hense, many of us on POF are without partners.
I am not on someone's fav list who is on mine and that does sort of annoy me....because we chat a lot on private email (not on forum). But who the heck cares if I made the list. I know my value.
 Deagleninja
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/18/2005 7:08:12 AM
"Why do some people put you on their 'favorites' list than ignor you when you contact them? I've had 4 particular ladies add me to their list, to which I gratefully replied with a simple, polite note of introduction, then I never hear back from them. What's up with that? Why bother?"

Several possibilities:

1) Found a partner.
2) Cold feet....happens a lot to women
3) Were just interested in playing the 'ratings' game.
4) Died in a flaming car crash
5) Discovered the joys of lesbianism
6) Husband/boyfriend caught them trying to cheat and reformatted harddrive.
7) Moved to another state
8) Someone else besides that person was playing around with teh computer
9) Bought/given a vibrator
10) And the number one reason they dont call back.....Shes just not that into you...
 boredcountryboy
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/18/2005 7:24:55 AM
What I don't understand is why put someone on your favorites BEFORE ever contacting them? I've popped on and off peoples fav list that I have no clue who they are.... it perplexes me. Is it just a way to "bookmark" people as you do a search? then go back and make the final cut as to who to write?

suppose it's like asking why a person smiles at some people while walking down the sidewalk and not others....
 indigo rose
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/18/2005 7:48:22 AM
I just put you on my list

the people on my list are people i've chatted with ...
or someone who makes me laugh or sometimes I just like to look at them..smile
 Elwood Blues
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/18/2005 8:04:34 AM
never used the list before... Indigo will be the first... Hope she doesn't mind :-|
 boredcountryboy
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/18/2005 8:15:49 AM
off topic... but I like how you have to click on "who loves me" to see who's favorites you are on.
 Huffdaddy
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/18/2005 8:33:59 AM
Everybody ignores me , i'm used to it. (boo,hoo) *sniff*
 kadmus
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2005 8:37:07 AM
I use my list to see who's online and I tend to chat with those people who are online when I am. I also use my favorite to keep track of people I might want to get in touch with down the road but they live out of my area or don't come to the forums. But, as a mail, I don't get nearly the amount of email a woman does on here. So it's easier for me to keep current with responses.
 andielicious
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/18/2005 8:50:03 AM

I AGREE!!
 Huffdaddy
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/18/2005 8:58:42 AM
Andielicious, if I were on ur fav list i'd IM u every day. (He said as he gazed at the pic on the puter.)
 txmed
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/11/2005 6:36:12 PM
You and me both, HuffDaddy.
 jimi77
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/11/2005 7:01:52 PM
I think I have replied to everyone that has written me.
Except for the many women in Uganda and the many women in Russia that love me. They all like my structure

Sometimes I put people on my favs that catch my eye or heart with there post. Or I just think are cool. I don’t write them all I normally don't write to many people. Tired that when I first got on here and it didn’t go over well for some reason? Maybe they didn’t like my structure? LOL!
 jacqiO
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2005 8:15:44 PM
Is not a cool thing to do; in my book anyway...even if no time at least recognize and say Hey, hope u're doing ok!
 suage
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/12/2005 7:58:48 AM
I really just use my Favs list to kkep track of the hotties, see if they've updated pix. Honestly, I think I'm a pretty nice guy and have NEVER gotten a response from a sent message on POF. WHADEVAH!!
 OnTheBus
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/12/2005 8:31:46 AM
Im with Jimi

And I am working on my structure
 Evil~Princess~Tera
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/12/2005 8:37:26 AM
people put me on their favorites list so they have easy access to my profile to see what nutty things it says. I have been told this by many people.

And you don't have to click who loves me to see who has you on their list. just click favorites and there is a link right at the top labelled "whose favorites list am i on" above all the people you have on your list
 Kelt
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/12/2005 9:51:25 AM
Def not a cool thing. Although I can understand it to a point for the ladies since they get considerably more attention than the guys. Sometimes hard to juggle all the men lol.

But still at least reply and say hi....takes only a couple of seconds. Most of the women on here are pretty cool about being polite and sweet though.
 PerpetualSeeker
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/12/2005 10:45:02 AM
I have people who've added me and have never even said hello...
I always wondered about it...then the adhd kicked in and I was on to something else...

xneo19
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/12/2005 10:58:13 AM
From what I read before, some ladies just can't take the time to go through all the mail they get. I think it's too bad 'cause I also have this problem. I always answer my mail too. But lets face it, some girls sing up in here and within days get to be on more than 50 guy's fav list ! So I guess it's understandable.
 klakalou
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/12/2005 11:17:54 AM
this is why i avoid adding ppl to my favs list.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Ignoring Your POF Favorites