Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 romegaguy36
Msg: 1
Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it? Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like to hear from others who at one time done the phone chat line before. I've tried it long, long time ago i think its a bunch of non-sense and a waste of time.
 BobbijoElizabeth
Msg: 2
Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it?
Posted: 5/21/2006 11:44:20 AM
I have been on lots of phone chat lines and still go on a few now and then.I have met tons of ppl and have dated a few.
 Polly_G
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/21/2006 11:48:05 AM
Tried one once and didn't like it. There are a lot of strange people in this world and I think they found a way to communicate. There might have been nice ones on there but it would have taken too long to weed through them....in my opinion that is.
 wolfskshuntress
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/21/2006 12:58:30 PM
Msg 1, never tried it .. always had this fear i would end-up chatting with a bunch of horny guys ..
 jerryspringer
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/21/2006 1:07:07 PM
Here's the problem with most of them: Women can call anytime for free and talk as long as they like, men have to pay, usually per minute. I have tried this in the past and found a bunch of women on there just having fun and killing time with no intentions of meeting. How many ways can you say "waste of money".
 Football Mom
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/21/2006 1:10:09 PM
I met my last boyfriend on a phone chat line. The odds were against me because there were a lot of creeps on there. We started off just messaging each other back and forth, then exchanged numbers and email addresses, and met after a month or so.
 bugsybears
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/21/2006 1:13:58 PM
no, i've never done it, but i guess that would be but yet another way to meet good people and possibly the person of your dreams. who knows.
 Hambone352
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/21/2006 1:14:23 PM
So whats the deal with all those hot women on the late night tv...saying "Call us!!"
 romegaguy36
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/21/2006 10:02:01 PM
I do think phone chat lines would work will well if blended together with the on-online sites. Lavalife chat line has it where u can go to a site to see a pic of the person if they have a pic. I've done both, i meet my ex-wife by phone chat. This is my pros and cons with both. Phone chat line pros: you can listen to voice and u can tell a lot by a voice of the person. Its a quicker method of talking 1 on 1. You can leave a voice profile for others to hear. My cons: unless you are talking local with someone likelyhood of success is next to none. Most women are seperated, married and not happy, single and don't have the resouces to meet guys. 9 out of 10 prb. will not meet you 1 one 1 in person. Long distant driving will be involved. Disappointment when met in person. Most women are prb. good hearted women but use there loneliness to talk on these lines to help thme cope, they talk alot of meeting up with you but never do.
Online dating pro: in all i prb. met in person around 8. Nobody has set me up. All i met in person is pretty much what i expected. I knew beforehand what they looked like or close to it. Less driving is involved most i drove 1 way is about 35 mile. Cons: internet dating is very slow going and going to a simple exchange of emails to IM to talking 1 on 1 on the phone to actually meeting in person is a very long wait. This is prb. a 2 week average to months depending on location. Internet dating just makes people not to settle and hold out for the best so in a way its far fetch to think you going to meet mr or ms. perfect. On average 1 in 15 to 1 in 20 will respond back. half will post profiles and give up in a couple of days never to return. too many internet sites and chat rooms causing too many ppl going to many directions. diversity, everbody is looking for something different. So what do i prefer? i like them both they both have its pros and cons, i notice lavalife a chat line has a site to see a pic of the person, so in a way a mixture of a chat line and internet works well but nobody has seen that concept yet. I like to see the day when you can call a 1-800 number to respond to a profile on a dating site. Just enter their ID number and you can listen to their voice and respond back with a voice message. Just ain't happing yet.
 BobbijoElizabeth
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/22/2006 9:15:46 AM
I have never used a 800 number or a 900 number..Most the phone chatlines are toronto area or k-w area..I have met alot of ppl off them.They do have free trials for men.I know of one right now that is free for men but i dont think it is fair that us women get free and guys have to pay..I ahve also been on the us partylines (phone chatlines) I dont know why they call them partylines but they are worst then anything i have heard before.
I know if i had to pay i wouldnt be on them ever cuz why pay when you have the net and some of the sites are free.
I dont know if anything i said made sense .. lol..I just woke up and im not feeling well but anyways im done.
Bobbi
 Rockstar97
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/23/2006 3:10:54 AM
yes, I've been on a couple off and on for about 5-6 years..I've met a few good people, other bad (being stalked for a while) my one ex b/f we dated for a year and a half...
 nikkilynn732005
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/23/2006 4:08:00 AM
I have never used phone chat lines before??? Is this the same thing as the commercials that are on late at night with the women models advertising to "call now"??? I am not sure how it even works, if its over the phone then how do you pick who you want to talk to???
 Leeanne
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:36:02 AM
I'm not really comfortable chatting on the phone with strangers. I want to know a little about someone before my phone lines are open to them. It feels more intimate than chatting on line and more invasive into your life.
 mbru792
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/23/2006 6:58:27 AM
I think the phone chat lines has some good points,when you talk to someone voice to voice you can tell alot about a person.I mean when ask someone a question you can tell sometimes by the sincerity in thier voice if they are telling the truth.Unlike e-mail or chat you can't hear thier expression or they have more time to think about thier response to come up with a good one. I've been on both and each has its share of crazed people I guess its just what you prefer.
 Lisa Barrie
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/23/2006 7:26:20 AM
i dont think it is fair that us women get free and guys have to pay..

The ratio of men to women on phone chat lines is probably around 80:1. If they started to charge women, I'm sure that would increase to about 1700:1. It's actually a miracle that people of the opposite sex ever do get together :D

And I think one of the biggest problems (and it probably revolves around the safety issue) is that women on phone chat lines, for the most part, are just looking for a little fantasy.
 General_K
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/23/2006 7:26:37 AM
I've never used phone chat lines.
 kissimmee2
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/17/2008 9:05:52 AM
Here's my take on phone chatlines vs internet. Both are an equal gamble. I've met some really nice guys on the chatline and on internet and some more questionable ones. It's not really much different than meeting someone in a bar or other social outing. You don't get to see what they look like but if that is all you care about then you have problems. Photos on the internet aren't neccessarily true representations of the person you are going to meet either. I've met guys who have seriously altered their photos and others who have posted photos that must be a decade or more old so there's a lot of "covering up" happening on the internet. A person can hide their true self way better on the internet than by voice over the phone. The voice part allows you to really connect with someone. I can tell pretty much within 3 -5 minutes of conversation whether or not I would like to meet this person. It takes much longer to get to know someone on the internet. Also, your phone number is never displayed to the other person so unless you give it out, they have no way of tracking you down. It's as private or not - as you choose. The internet leaves you a lot more exposed. All in all, I don't think the guys on the phone are any worse or better on the internet than on the phone. Maybe just more upfront on the phone what they are looking for and we know they are more or less all looking for the same thing. Just less cat and mouse games.
 Artistee
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 10:02:22 AM
At anywhere from .80 to 1.80 a minute? NAHHH!...I'll stick with IM or emails...
 fancynanci
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 10:05:21 AM
No. I hate the telephone so that definitely would NOT be for me.
 Anazdaddy
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:18:46 AM
No, I think it's silly and expensive. If I want to talk to someone on the phone I will either go to work and take calls at work or get to know someone then eventually exchange phone numbers.
 uketube
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 1:19:51 PM
yes, i called called quest chat line - i think they run commercials late at night.

at first i was skeptical for various reasons, but there's something about it.

first, they gave me a free trial and a bunch of minutes, so that was cool. then i started browsing their system - just like POF - quest breaks down chat into several different categories, i.e. love and relationships, dating, intimate encounters (i.e. sex) , etc.

you choose the local city, age range then start listening to profiles - that was a BIG thing because i'm actually listening to the girl's voice, which for some reason made the difference because my brain got the real deal.

end of story, i'm hooked because it's so much faster and i don't have to be by my PC like online dating, and i got set up for message call backs instantly (i use my cell a lot).

i'm in new york city so i called (212) 812-1212, but they advertise all their numbers online at www.questchat.com
 SmartestGuyinworld
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 1:22:05 PM
Jacking off while on the phone?

......Perhaps if your 73-yrs old it might be enough.

life_of_leisure
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 1:23:49 PM

I like to hear from others who at one time done the phone chat line before. I've tried it long, long time ago i think its a bunch of non-sense and a waste of time.

How many Good Guy Points do I get for saying "Me too!"?

Can I get even more for saying "Nope, never tried one; I was smart enough to not have to fall for such an obvious scam to know it's bogus."?
I mean, if they're so great, why do they have to advertise so much?
 uketube
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 1:24:26 PM
ha! no not that. i mean i've received telephone numbers and given out my number on dating sites cause most people want to talk with each other before deciding if they actually want to meet. so quest chat kinda jump starts the whole process.
 bathurstman08
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/25/2008 10:56:36 PM
that was maybe an option years ago when most people didnt have the internet and sites like this one wasnt around but theses days why pay for a service that u can get for free on here or facebook or whatever.there is free sites to meet people online theses days so why pay for a site like this or pay to use chat lines?
thoses chat lines things are really a bad money rip off thing.i know people that have used them and they ended up having a very high phone bill at the end.sometimes it says its just a certain amount a minute but its actually more.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it?