Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > John Rocker dating a black woman -what do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 1
view profile
History
John Rocker dating a black woman -what do you think? Page 1 of 1    
As must of us know , Former Atl Braves relief pitcher has made racist comments. Now he is dating a black model . Well get the ball rolling folks
 CountIbli
Msg: 2
John Rocker dating a black woman -what do you think?
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:13:56 PM
Slave owners had no problem having sex with their female slaves. That this guy is attracted to a model is understandable. That a black model would date him if he made racist comments is the thing I can't fathom.
 gken
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:23:34 PM
Maybe he's just a scam.
 andysweden
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:34:17 PM

That a black model would date him if he made racist comments is the thing I can't fathom.

Really????
So being seen in public with a famous ball player, having photos taken, being in the press...damn what was this girl thinking, its not like it could possibly do anything for her career.
Wake up and smell the coffee dude!
 epsilonbj
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:40:08 PM
maybe she did it so that she can dump his sorry ass. well let's ask her.
 anticon
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:48:57 PM
Once they go black, they never go back *hahahaha*
 bob0colo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:55:51 PM
What's not to Like...

A few million people in New York city would love to moon him.
Career is going nowhere...butt up?
Really likable guywith a Bright future.

I cannot believe this guy is still able to get in the news without killing someone..
 justanormalguy68
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/21/2006 5:05:42 PM
Sports talk-host Jim Rome had the best take on Rocker, years ago, when he dabbled in acting a bit - with a few bit parts here and there.

"I hear John Rocker is now into acting - what's up with that. I guess he's perfect for the role of the psycho-redneck-racist-washed-up relief pitcher who can't get anybody out."
 anticon
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/21/2006 9:44:47 PM
It's fun to MAKE fun of John Rocker... but I hope he's coming out of his deep seated fear of other skin colors and cultures. It's not fun to be like that.

We laugh about it, but the person may be living a tortured life with nobody close to him who cares.

He may have a deep fear of other people that causes this problem.

I hope for his sake that he is making his peace with other races. I'd much rather see that than the guy hang himself. It would be a waste of what could be the life of a decent human being.

What I've found out about black culture in the US is that they're very loving and very forgiving. Many black people are good at helping white people overcome the lies and fears spread amongst them. They're there to help.

There's a black lady where I work who befriended a white woman who was in trouble once, who actually had been taught that black people HAVE TAILS. I know how comical that sounds, but it's also tragic in that this woman actually BELIEVED this far-fetched tale.

Truth: what Spike Lee said was that white people still don't know how to relate to black people in society as human beings. It shows in the way blacks are cast in white films. They're always either individuals with terrible weaknesses like being a drug addict or criminal OR they're like a witch doctor or a spirit or something. This isn't JUST John Rocker's problem. It's something we all have a little touch of.
 andysweden
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 4:57:36 AM
Touching on a comment made by the poster above, It seems to me that society is increasingly run of fear of other people.
Iraq, Iran, Mexico, North Korea, China, Russia

To name just a few, All of this (for the most part) hyped up fear is just to jusify an arms budget large enough to buy most countries.
Of course this fear filters down to even the lowest level of society.

Lack of knowledge and inteligence turns this propoganda to hatred, the KKK don't know why they hate, they just do.
Its mob mentality, and its dangerous, Hitler used similar tactics to fuel his little European tour.
 jacel0
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:24:14 AM
WHO CARES; He has the right to dislike ANYONE at ANYTIME; Just maybe she's a GOOD lay. RECREATION;
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > John Rocker dating a black woman -what do you think?