Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What makes a man want/need a woman???????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pebbles63
Msg: 1
What makes a man want/need a woman???????Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I would like to hear what guys have to say.
Is it all sexual? Or do you sometimes think like girls, with all the emotional stuff?
 Adrenaline Rush
Msg: 2
What makes a man want/need a woman???????
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:25:44 PM
its different for every guy. I have friends who need a g/f just for the constant sex, but for me i get more out of waking up next to someone every morning than just sex.....although it would be a better morning if it started with sex....y'know...just throwin it out there
 winykittygirl
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:28:10 PM
i think when it comes to sex, men are not as emotional as women.. my mom gave me an article about women and having "sex friends" and it says that women are not programed to have multiple partners.. we want one man to be our world (not my words, the articles) i think that men have no problem having sex with a woman, whether they are really into her or not, if they think they can "get some" they will, where as a woman (and i can only speak for myself) i need AT LEAST to feel some kind of physical attraction to be intimate with a man; i think that if a man "thinks" he can score.. then he will go for it.. no emotions attached, where as for a woman, being intimate with a man is more of an emotional thing.. maybe i'm wrong, maybe its my age.. OH GOD, DONT TELL ME I'M OLD!!!
 trubblemakr
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:29:05 PM
think its all sexual, we get alot more done when were alone n when we have a girl all we wanna do is have sex so ya id say sex would b the answer, unless we were physically unable to get an erection then itd prolly b for the food, if she couldnt cook hmm well the cleaning n stuff i guess last but not least prolly the emotional stuff like whe we cry cause we cant get a hard on or the food sucks
 winykittygirl
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:32:17 PM
stop trying to be an a***... cause your not.. your a giant teddy bear and we all know it..
 Leeanne
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:36:23 PM
I have a male friend that says he just loves the female touches women bring into his life - like how a woman would set up the home, how she smells, knowing she is in his bed, seeing her clothes in the closet, her perfume on the bathroom counter etc. It's the visual stimulation for him which brings on the emotional and then sexual feelings.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:37:49 PM
trubble, you are a joy.

As adrenaline_rush said, it's different for each man, much as I would expect it to be for each woman.

I am sure there a generalities that can be drawn, but the problem with generalities in relationships is that there is no generality. There is specificity. One on one. Tit for tat. (I guess that means men have tats.)

I don't want a woman primarily for sex, but I do want a woman who wants sex, primarily, if that makes sense.

Annudder
 pebbles63
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:42:57 PM
I have no problem with the sex part, the emotional part is weird.
I think like a guy, need to know things in black and white no gray area allowed. lol
 pebbles63
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:44:43 PM
That's the other problem love to cook and clean.
Sorry state of affairs,when that makes you happy,lol
 winykittygirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:44:56 PM
WOW LEEANNE.. does this guy have a friend?? father?? son?? brother?? what girl wouldnt DIE to have a man feel that way about her??? that has GOT to be THE most romantic thing i have ever heard.. * big sigh* any of you men out there wanna know what a woman wants.. READ WHAT LEEANNE WROTE.. that would make us your slave for life!!!!
 Leeanne
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 7:51:48 PM
@winykittygirl - He's actually single right now and would love a cute girl like you, trying to get him to a POF event.

It's funny that he feels this way but I can see it in his eyes when he says it that it is true - I have seen him come through a few relationships and he is a very attentive man. I think it's the comfort he gets that makes him feel that way.
 Pandy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:04:44 PM

I think that wanting/needing someone is purely arbitrary... we're never able to choose who we fall in love with, it just happens. It clicks, or it doesn't.
If someone isn't in love with you, there's nothing you can do to change that.

Is it all sexual? Or do you sometimes think like girls, with all the emotional stuff?

men can have it be all sexual... they can remain detached emotionally from someone they are with physically more so than women (generally speaking) ...but I think that when they DO love, their feelings aren't much different than the feelings of a woman in love.
 diverjohn
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:16:34 PM
For me, its what a woman brings into my life that makes the difference: a warm bed, nice perfume, soft touch of the hand at the right moment, and the way she feels in my arms.
I'm not as interested in her wealth (though a lack of poverty is important) as much as how well we can get along and make our lives better as a result.
 auntie-up
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:17:59 PM

men can have it be all sexual... they can remain detached emotionally from someone they are with physically more so than women (generally speaking) ...but I think that when they DO love, their feelings aren't much different than the feelings of a woman in love.

I totally agree ...
Men can have sex with a woman and still remain detached...
Where women tend to want to "seal" or "validate" their relationship with him by having sex.
But ... when men DO love ... their feelings are just as real and just as vulnerable as any woman's...
 allabouttheforums
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:29:56 PM
I have to add something to this cause me and a good friend of mine had a conversation about this a few months ago, he has always been the type to be with someone just for the sex, not that he treated girls badly, he just never got attached or emotional over them, if they left oh well move on to the next kinda attitude, anyways i made the point of saying to him he just hadn't found the right one yet...yet was the key word...lol. well he met a really really nice girl a little while ago and he has sooo fallen for her, emotional attached, whatever you wanna call it, his exact words were she rocks his world in every way possible, and he even said the sex is sooo much better, its not just sex any more....lets just say Im having a blast rubbing it in to him that maybe he has found the "One" he never lets me finish saying it though....lol.
 Silent_Lucidity
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:45:56 PM
First off.. the emotional connection has to be there. Then after that there's LOTS of hot damn sex.

SL
 pebbles63
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:46:23 PM

Should know this by now.

I just needed to have you tell me something I already knew, but needed to hear it from someone else.

Thanks

Bigger Guy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:47:31 PM
NATURE .... Thats all,
 BellyManBob
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:55:21 PM
Pebbles, You seem like a reasonable, Intelligent Woman and just too darn Cute!
I think this question is beneath you as you could answer it all by yourself.

Some men AND Women are Purely Sexual, Nymphomaniacal and Satyrical.

Some are not.

That's the Facts.

Too Bad, I can't stand the deep south. Too Hot & Huimid and Way too many of those big flying****oaches that you hear and feel crunch under your feet when you get up to Pee in the middle of the night.

Yikes!
 BellyManBob
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/25/2006 8:57:27 PM
What??!! it's an insect for cryin' out loud! And a Rooster is called a****
Damn Filters
 winykittygirl
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/25/2006 9:04:29 PM
L M F A O I SWEAR BELLYMANBOB you made my beer come out my nose and a little pee out the other end on this one.... your paying for my seat cushion being recovered for this one...
absolutely freakin HILARIOUS.. you people in the forums ROCK
 pebbles63
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/25/2006 9:04:46 PM
True that
That is what drives me:)
That and hormones, lol
 jerryspringer
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/25/2006 9:24:10 PM
I don't "need" a woman to get by in life, I'm able to live on my own and take care of myself. The wanting part is a different story though. The part I miss is companionship, cudding up to her at bed time, having the touches of a woman in the house, the list goes on and on. It's not "for" sex, sex is like a benifit of having a SO.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/25/2006 9:44:43 PM
what he said ^

thats the consensus I've had from guys in my life.
and thats the kinda guy I want, the one who *wants* you in his life , partnership and all that good stuff.
Wow I'm feeling a little wallowy tonight!
 Tiger17
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 10:40:13 PM
A lot of men need constant validation from women. To have a nice looking woman can be like driving a nice car everyday instead of catching the bus. Sex plays a big part in it as well. In order to procreate men need to sleep with as many healthy females as possible. This is why we are constantly watching woman. So we hate to be lonley, we want to look good and want to have sex all the time.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What makes a man want/need a woman???????