Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > What have you learned from past relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ren_Girl
Msg: 1
What have you learned from past relationships?Page 1 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Something I found in another forum and thought was a good one to post here, in Sask. forums. Here are are a few things I learned...

*I learned that no matter how hard you try, you can not help someone who does not want to be helped
*telling someone that you love them doesn't always make things better
*that, no matter how much work you do, or suffering you go through, some people will always see you as lazy and useless
*that being alone is not all that bad
*that I need "inspiration" in order to have fun
*that I truly love myself and what others say about me does not matter
*to fight back, stand up for myself
*that I like "being out in nature" hehe
*and......how much I like my vibrator lol
 ValkyrieElf
Msg: 2
What have you learned from past relationships?
Posted: 6/1/2006 5:44:10 PM
I learned I'm stronger than I thought. And I don't "need" a man to complete me. But now I'm single for so many years it sure would be good to have one to hold that vibrator instead of me holding it
 suzieszoo_2
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/2/2006 9:39:16 AM
^^^ good point about the vibrator.....
Ive learnt that you can't change someone who isn't willing to change themselves
His relationship with his mom pretty much determines how he will treat you
If all he has is a bag of clothes, RUN FAST!!!!
No one can make you feel worthless unless you let them
That I have alot to offer and should be proud of being a single mom
I wont change for anyone
My kids come first and always will come first
I can accomplish alot on my own and do an awesome job at it too
That being single isn't all that bad if you are happy with yourself and who you are as a person
If they have to drink beer at 7 in the morning it is a pretty good sign he's an alcoholic
If they spend more money on beer then food again, good sign of the above
If they grab a beer first thing after work instead of you, again the sign

All in all our past relationships can provide us with alot of things. It is how we utilize them in our next relationships that counts. We can either be bitter and jaded or enjoy the knowledge we have gained from our ex's to help us make better wiser choices in our next relationship.
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2006 12:25:17 PM
That you really can't compare one to a past one.

If they are trying to change you, it was YOU that they liked in the first place.

If you want to change them, it wasn't them you like in the first place.

If they hit once, they will hit again.

If they cheat once, they will cheat again.

No matter how loyal and honest you are, you might be accused of of things, and if that happens, probably a good sign that they are not being loyal.

If EVERYONE that cares about you is trying to warn you, TRY your best to open your eyes.

If they can't even properly take care of a pet, they probably can't take care of a child.

If you can't be friends and trust one another, it will never last.
 That Guy Him
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/2/2006 4:41:29 PM
You cannot salvage a relationship with someone who has already given up no matter how much counselling they suggest you need.

Someone who does not accept responsibility will always find a way to blame you for whatever goes wrong.

You cannot trust someone who values money above all else.

Blood is thicker than water.

You cannot trust people who tell you to your face that you are a good father, but will sign a sworn affidavit saying you do not feed nor properly care for your child.

It is also extremely difficult to forgive above mentioned people as well.

Doing the right thing isn't as important as "winning" to some people.

Through it all, I will always have my family and friends, and nobody will ever be able to take half of that away from me.
 Road_Hammer
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/3/2006 7:37:23 AM
Ive learned some women are better in bed then others. The rest of it I allways knew all along.
 ValkyrieElf
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/3/2006 9:45:08 AM

Doing the right thing isn't as important as "winning" to some people

That brings to mind a quote I like by Confucius

To see what is right and not to do it, is to lack of courage or of principle.

If more people lived their life by this, the world wouldn't have people passing a dying man on mount everest and leave him to die alone. It would be a much better place.
 kassidy2930
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/3/2006 8:26:08 PM
I have learnt that I should try and make myself happy...instead of always trying to make him happy. I also know that if something doesn't work out it isn't necessarily my fault. Talking through differences and misunderstandings makes people understand eachother better and walking away isn't always the best thing to do as well(thing I am most famous for)
 suzieszoo_2
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:50:53 AM
sex with your ex rocks!!!!
 Road_Hammer
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/4/2006 11:02:37 AM
I learned to keep my cel phone turned OFF when I am away at work, unless I want to do the calling. Because I cant stand yapping on a phone with her for hours on end everyday. And I cant afford it either. My bills would be $700 a month more than when I was single.
Now if she would only call for phone sex... I wouldnt complain at all. LOL
 suzieszoo_2
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/4/2006 1:49:59 PM
yah want my number????hee hee that you cant change a person plain and simple
 Ren_Girl
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/4/2006 5:13:55 PM
Suzie.....sex with who's ex rocks? LOL

OT: I've learned that sex with an ex is not such a good idea, even if he is good at it. LOL
 Road_Hammer
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/5/2006 7:29:25 AM
Ive learned that I cant change my ways. Maybe this should be in the "You know your old when..." thread.
 Ren_Girl
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:23:11 PM
I've learned that some poeple will never get over their bad relationships.
I've learned that just because you love someone, does not necessarily make them the right person for you.
I've learned to trust in myself.

And most of all, I have learned to follow my instincts and never to sacrifice my principles for any reason......to do what I feel is right and not what someone else thinks I should or should not do. I am who I am and that's all I can be.
 Ren_Girl
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/9/2006 8:34:48 PM
I've learned that some people will never change and you cannot change them.

I've learned to accept who and what I am and that not everyone will get along with me. haha

I've learned that I am capable of loving again, myself and others. That is the best lesson I have ever learned.
 skcountry
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/23/2006 9:47:46 PM
I have learned that you need to be yourself and be happy with who you are for anyone to like you and like you for who "you" are, and for you to be able to like and appreciate anyone else.

I have learned that change is a natural thing and will come if required
 nosoup4u
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/23/2006 10:01:46 PM
I've learned that I was capable of heartache and strong enough to learn from it and go on.

Pretty much everything Ren said hits the nail on the head.
 psssst
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:20:13 PM
I've learned...

...to recognise just how lucky I am at the time rather than in retrospect.

...that no matter what has happened, my past experiences have formed me into the person I am today.

...that I am a stronger person than I imagined myself to be.

...that I have to be happy alone before I can be happy in a new relationship.

suzieszoo_2
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:43:29 PM
....That I don't NEED a man.
....That what one person has done to me in a relationship should not be carried over into another
....I am a strong woman and I can overcome alot in my life, raising kids on my own quite fine
.... That I enjoy the comfort of being in a man's arms but it isn't something I should depend on
....I have alot to offer and will some day find THE ONE ......you know , the one that as soon as you see him your whole world changes in a heartbeat.....
 the spilly
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:52:57 PM
It is better to die first....
 Ren_Girl
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/24/2006 4:37:55 PM
NoSoup.....Pretty much everything Ren said hits the nail on the head. Are you flirting with me? wink wink nudge nudge. LOL

I have learned that what one perceives as a "bad" habit, may be considered to be cute to another. hehe

I have learned to trust in myself, my own instincts.....trust and love myself. Hell...if I don't love me....no one else will. LOL
 Just me again
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/24/2006 5:19:12 PM
Below is what Suzie had in her answer above...

"I have alot to offer and will some day find THE ONE ......you know , the one that as soon as you see him your whole world changes in a heartbeat....."

That is I think the most important thing.....if you don't have that happening then there is not to much point in going further in a relationship...if you try to make a relationship without that...then you are faking and kidding yourself...don't settle for less....
 Road_Hammer
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/24/2006 5:47:20 PM
I've learned from my past relationships that I was not compatible with them. DUH!!!!!
 the spilly
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/24/2006 8:55:16 PM
sorry if I came off a little morbid there roady, wasn't trying too be funny either. Just stating that it is one of those things that I learned in my last relationship. nuff said
 Just me again
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/24/2006 9:27:30 PM
What I have learned from past relationships is that you have to sometimes make the extra effort to show someone that you are thinking about them to make it worth their time to stick around with ya...lol...and Spilly....nobody can blame you for the few down days you have once in awhile...most of us would likely have them a lot more than you ever seem to.....
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > What have you learned from past relationships?