Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What age do boys start masturbating ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 1
What age do boys start masturbating ?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok guys, as a little back ground. Im a Single Mom with three boys aged 11, 9 and 7. No male in my life for input on this one.

I walked into the bathroom yesterday and caught my 9 year old going to town. I know little boys get erections starting at an early age but this lil guy was going to town.

I handled it ok just like I have in the past with similiar experiences. I told him it was ok to explore his body, nothing to be ashamed of, etc.

But my question is before this with all three of them, erections were entertaining. He seems to be going for the big finale ????

At what age to boys actually, well how young I guess is more the question, start actually masturbating ??? I dont just mean touching themselves.

THanks for any info.

Signed a Single Mom who doesn't have one of those toys so I dont know.
 dragonfire269
Msg: 2
What age do boys start masturbating ?
Posted: 6/9/2006 5:56:06 PM
Just walk casually by and politely inform him " more then 3 shakes and you are playing with it hun, ;)"

arlie1969
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/9/2006 6:23:49 PM
its normal ,let him find his own comfort zone ,but point out to him that its something he must do in private and be discreet,and by the way girls do the same thing ,so its not just a guy thing..good luck
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/9/2006 6:41:41 PM
ok you both totally missed her question lol

Sorry OP I have no clue when they start masterbating altho I am curious as I have two as well (7 and 12) ok wait, I change that, I don't wanna know :/
 mamawa
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/9/2006 7:13:33 PM
in utero......at about 12 weeks gestation
 nugatorius
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/9/2006 7:47:50 PM
They start as soon as they realize how much fun it is. Seriously, the Interent is brimming with real information on human sexuality. Please, for the sake of your boys, do not rely on POF as your source for information...
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/9/2006 8:23:55 PM
Not sure when boys start this, but just a few weeks ago, my 18 year old daughter confesed to me that she started at the ripe old age of 8.

I wouldn't worry about it, as it is a natural part of growing up, and really don't see where it could hurt anything. Just let them know that it is something to be done in private and not really one of those things you talk about with everyone you know.
 ~AlbertazAngel~
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/9/2006 9:12:17 PM
Just walk casually by and politely inform him " more then 3 shakes and you are playing with it hun, ;)"

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL dragon.. i`ll keep that in mind the next time i`m chatting w/my 15 y.o son..
 ManOwaR
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/9/2006 9:18:50 PM
i think i was 6 =P

and I Still havent stopped=)
 sweet-and-sexy
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/9/2006 9:22:07 PM
*puts fingers in ears* la la la la la la la la la la

i have an almost 9 year old and i hope to god he doesn't at this age and atleast for the next few years !! .. i sooo do not know how i would deal with that ...

i talked to buddies about it before and i think the average range they said was about 12 - 14 .. some were earlier but most seemed to fall in that range ...
 tincup78
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2006 10:50:43 PM
8-10 is avg starting age.

I learned it from a friend but before that had no clue.

Once started there's no stopping.

Don't give the boy a complex. Let him be.

Makes sure he has a box of tissue in the room.

Put some controls on the puter so he doesn't get to play with the nasty nasty stuff there.

National Geographic and the girls in the Sears catalogue worked for me.

Mind you, now I get aroused when I travel or shop.

ba dump bump.
 GradPsyD
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/9/2006 10:57:16 PM
Ditto to the getting developmental information from a reputable site. Like a doctor who has an MD, PhD, DO, etc by their name.. there are many online and the good ole pediatrician will be more than happy to chat.. (Use caution on message boards like this one, eventhough some info here is great.. other info can be just plain nuts on here in some threads.. lol..)

Different boys/girls start at different ages and do such at different frequencies. Like someone earlier stated... Promote him doing such in a private manner and don't ever do so in an embarrasing way. Oh and ya may need to start knocking before entering ... ;)

At some near point ya may want to have a little chat with him about the birds and bees on at least a surface level. It's not really acceptable in our society for him to decide to experiment by having the little girl next door help him out.. Also, you don't have to go into more details about sex than he's emotionally ready to handle (Varies with age/different kids..)..You may even need to start addressing early puberty soon w/ the 11yo so doing some reading about boy's development could be helpful..

If there is a male role model in his life who isn't freaked out and won't react improperly??? Your son may feel more comfortable talking with a man about his body and if so you could ask the man to find a nice way to make himself available to answer any of your son's questions..

Good Luck
 Varla
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/10/2006 5:05:22 AM
With two teenaged boys...my guess is they start doing it at soon as they figure out they can.

Personally I never made a big deal about it. I always felt it was none of my business. My kids have always been able to talk to me about anything..sometimes things I would rather not hear about...so if they had questions about it, I would have gladly answered them to the best of my ability...but as far as masturbation goes...if they don't ask..it's none of my business.
 philrook
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:37:37 AM
It really depends on the child. My youngest girl started masterbating (leg up over the couch going to town) at the ripe old age of 3. We had the private toy talk and that worked out fine. I know it didn't effect her because we've had many talks about "playing too hard" and how to take care of soreness. My oldest girl started much later at around 7.

Boys develop later than girls but how early is very dependant on the child. The numbers proposed in this forum of 8-10 seem young but not unrealistic. I was 12. My brother was 10.

Good luck and try not to laugh too hard. It all part of the great parenting adventure. LOL
 truly27
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/10/2006 5:53:17 PM
i have 2 boys and a girl 5.5, 4 and 2. my 4 year old rubs up on anything. i really dont think its a question of when they masterbate but the reason they do it. they dont do it for sexual reasons at a young age. they do it because they are curious and it feels good. i tell my kids it is ok to touch themselves and that they shouldnt be ashamed of their bodies but that is a private matter and should not be done in the company of others. basically there is a time and a place for that.
 funnygirll
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/10/2006 7:32:58 PM
OMG!!!

this is another thing I have to add to my already huge "single mother of a son" pile of things to deal with....

wow!! and I beat there are a million things more I haven't even considered...

I hope that at the very least my son has felt that I have given him enough 'everything' for him to feel comfortable in seeking me if he needs help/information/whatever!! but I had hoped the age for this sort of thing would be much older than 10.. my son is 11 and I haven't witness anything of that sort...yet?...

Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/13/2006 7:56:00 PM
OK.........you guys are TOTALLY missing my question.

I know boys starting touching themselves at a very early age. My 8 year old had his hand glued to his penis from the age of 3 - 5..........hahaha.

My question was.........and I'll get a wee bit more graphic.....at what age to they actually masterbate to ejaculation ?

Newborn babies get erections, that I know. Found that one out just after I had my first son. I'm not a twit....hahaha.

And as far as handling it properly, I did. He knows alot about sex and that grown ups enjoy their own bodies as much as exploring other peoples. Your body is your own. We also live on a farm so he sees sex all the time. I explained to him that what he was doing was normal, and perfectly ok to do, in private.

I had my first orgasm at the age of 7 thanks to my Mom's hand held back massager....hehehe.....but ya know how girls are always way more advanced then boys....hehehehe
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/13/2006 8:43:06 PM
^^^^ lol I was wondering about that, back on the 9th no one had understood your question.
 at_a_loss_for_words
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/14/2006 10:52:54 AM
well....we start once we figure out that it feels good, which can be any age....there is no real definitive age regarding this question....it get hard...we play with it....figure out what it's about...then well...the rest is history LOL
 ~waiting~
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/14/2006 11:02:32 AM
A boy's ability to ejaculate occurs between the age of 12 and 16. It's a sign that he is physically able to produce a child. There's your answer, however, I wish I could keep this from appearing on my profile...lol. I'm just thankful I have girls.
 sirtigger35
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/14/2006 4:07:27 PM
it should be at that age, but with so much eye candy these days, its getting younger. Sometimes I wish for older days
 jchrish
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/15/2006 7:29:42 AM
I've got three boys and it's definitely about that time with my oldest. I've warned their mother several times now to make sure she is giving him private space (i.e. knock before going in, and even in anger, don't barge in....give that three second wait first...) and all that jazz. But the ejaculation piece biologically means that the boy is capable of producing a child.

Boys touch their penis constantly from a young age and it never stops. So my assumption is that many guys were like me - extremely shocked when something actually happened besides the erection. And the worst possible person to be around anywhere when that happens is the kid's mother.

So, mothers, encourage that privacy! :-) And keep that computer parentally controlled.
 missmom781
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2006 8:06:38 AM
actually masturbation can start as early as they find they have it. Infantcy. They however won't get "the big finale" until puberty though

browneyedcornflakekiller
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/15/2006 8:10:11 AM
It clearly depends on the age in which they begin killing cornflakes.

But for the record, someone I know beat your nine year old by several years

I know a Mom that said; boy don't you think it's time to go to sleep?

Gees, had I only pulled the sheet over. wank wank
 unknown biker
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2006 12:54:48 PM
from the time their fingers develop
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What age do boys start masturbating ?