Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Women Over 40 Biggest Concerns      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GenuineEd
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Women Over 40 Biggest ConcernsPage 1 of 1    
What concerns you most about your future?
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 2
Women Over 40 Biggest Concerns
Posted: 6/15/2006 10:06:39 PM
Retirement fund from the Gov't, or should I say, lack of it.
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2006 11:26:26 PM
That my children remain safe and live a long healthy and HAPPY life!
That I can always be financially independent!
That I remain healthy and never have to have anyone take care of me!
That I'll grow old with someone who falls in love with me, for me!

If that last one fails...........that I'll never get arthritis in my fingers so I can remain on this site to torture everyone forever!! Especially certain people!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/16/2006 2:14:37 AM
I am still me, so the same concerns I had before I was 40. My views on life and what I want from life haven't changed that much since I was 10. I am happy with who I am, and have no intention of becoming someone else.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/16/2006 4:42:17 AM
health and dental insurance costs...
health matters...
retirement...
the stock market...
interest rates...
the economy...
damn republicans ruling everything in govt now...
why the hairdye doesn't cover the gray hairs ?....
will nasdaq ever reach 5,000 again before I'm 60 ?
I can't stand the thought my dog is getting old and will die.....
she sure is a good dog....

stuff like that mostly.
 BohicaKisses
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/16/2006 8:43:36 AM
I try not to worry about anything.. makes you older faster lol...
Everything and everyone changes from one second to the next, over and over and over again... I won't worry until I have no other choice.
 *Tee*
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/16/2006 9:19:30 AM
The only worries I have, concern my kids...I want to be able to pay for their education, and give them a good start in life, and hopefully teach them how to be responsible adults..
 misty42
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/16/2006 9:20:53 AM
Hi .... What concerns me as im getting older is what guy do you choose ? as most men over 45 just need another mum of friend as they have probs getting an erection or do you take the risk of a younger one who thinks yr rich lol .......xxx
 GenuineEd
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 6:01:45 PM
I found the same thing "Justme", but I was 17 yo.

Didn't quite understand that "Misty", but I think I got the jest. What is "mum of friend"?

Glad to see I found the intelligent women with this question.

My concerns are about the same, except I don't have kids to worry about. Nice to compare notes though.
 realitybased
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/17/2006 2:03:59 AM
hmm.. darn good question.. I"m 42 and I have several concerns, First of which I suppose is wishing I could be around forever to watch over my son and daughter.. We all know moms are the only ones that can do that right. Even when their adults like my 2 are.

Concern No.2: While I"m starting a new career at this stage in my life in the law field.. I dont worry about dental, medical , or financial issues.. as much as I worry about finding someone to share it all with. AFter the first 20 year marraige ended so abruptly... I find it intrigueing yet worrisome that now after I"ve finally come into my sence of self, that I could be doing it alone for the rest of my life.

Now on a lighter note... lol if you see that 99 year old granny sitin on her front porch in the proverbial rocking chair, with the 300 cats yowling around her. Dont picture me!!! lol I am allergic to cats I"ll be the one with the rottweilers. lol
 justmeintempe
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 9:30:03 AM
Most of you have said everything that's in my mind. No money, a very small retirement fund because of always thinking your *husband* would be there for you financially, hardly enough SS to buy the groceries for a month, hoping against hope my kids don't have to take care of me, and last but not least, and this one is the biggie ~ NO ONE to fall in love with and they fall in love with ME just for ME. Most of us *over 40* (over 50 for me) women out there have taken care of husbands and kids all our lives until the last few years. Now it would be nice to find a wonderful man who would fall in love with US and want to take care of US for the rest of our lives. Not only have we taken care of families since we were probably in our early 20's, we have ALSO worked outside of the home for most our lives, sacrificed for our kids and families, forgot about some of the *nice* things we could have bought for ourselves but didn't because we had kids to feed and clothe and raise and husbands saying we *can't afford that*, so now we feel, if nothing else... that it's OUR TIME .. but we'd just like to find someone to SHARE that *our time* with.
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:49:25 PM
I'm just concerned about surviving. Until about 8 months ago, I hadn't worked in 13 years as I was a stay at home Mom. After divorcing and losing everything that didn't matter anyway, and then a long term relationship that cost me everything that did matter, I'm now working 2 jobs, have no insurance, and starting all over is scaring me to death. But I'm doing it, one day at a time.

Aside from that, all these physical changes are giving me a lil grief, even though I'm more beautiful inside today than I ever was. This age has brought really good stuff to me, and really, I'd just love to be able to share that with someone. I guess I'm learning to accept that I may never experience that ultimate love and that's just plain sad to me, but there's one tremendously beautiful thing remaining...my kids and their lives. I'll make one hell of a grandma (ouchouchouch) and that's more than enough.

What concerns me most about the future has everything to do with people, and so little to do with money. If I can pay my bills and find a lil comfort and pride in how I live my life, I'll be a happy camper.
 GenuineEd
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 9:25:01 PM
I'm about to show my ignorance here, cause I didn't raise any kids nor do I have maternal feelings... but why would you worry about your kids if they are grown & healthy... unless you're worried about them returning home? (smile)
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:47:44 AM
Mine are 16 and 9, so they're hardly grown, lol. Though they're healthy and happy and just awesome kids, we never stop worrying about our babies. And it isn't just worrying about them, it's just wanting so many things for them...just like we do anyone else we love. :)
 MzRo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 5:39:41 AM
My biggest concerns for over 40 and pushing 50 are:

Having a catastrophic life event that I cannot handle.

Living modestly and investing properly to secure my future. Since I have no children to lock me up in a nursing home, I will have to do that myself. heh heh heh

Making a lasting contribution to mother earth.

Being a strong member of the community.

Staying fit and healthy.

Holding on to my looks and libido.
 vicilou
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/18/2006 7:52:35 AM
For me its the time when i have to leave loved ones!...not that i want to live for ever i just dont want to leave them!
 adamselindisdress
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:53:53 AM
What concerns you most about your future?

Only that I hope I have one !!
 charlybig
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:59:52 AM
A woman of fort can still be very sexy and attractive. I have seen many 40+ ladies looking very hot. The important thing is to stay slim, and keep in shape. Being clean and smelling nice also helps. If your 40+ and getting fat, things are pretty much over. A younger gitl can have a few pounds and still look nice, but after 40 its not the case..just makes them look older and burnt out.

SirCharles
 Sin*ful
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 5:47:31 PM
Wow in this forum I have read alot. I have one thing to say...I have two beautiful daughters given to me on loan by God and they could be taken away in a second..I do not worry about money or education or a man that will love me ..or no stupid things that all you worry about..your insanity makes you worry about flivorous things like that..All is written in my belief and I have no concerns and I always look up at the beauty that is given me for today with the sun the smell of cut grass the birds that flying and sing in the morning at 4:30 and say another day of love..people dont concern yourself so much of what you have or what you need or want as it will always be provided if you can see past the hunger of our thoughts
 truthodare
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 7:02:01 PM
Huh? You mean all we have to do to get you little punks to leave us alone is gain a few pounds? Pass the fries!
 GenuineEd
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:43:31 PM
Hmmm.... it seems like we've been temporarily distracted. (smile) Can we get back to women's concerns....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Women Over 40 Biggest Concerns