Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to get a date on plentyoffish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sniper 2007
Msg: 1
How to get a date on plentyoffishPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Here's the scenario you go on plentyoffish and you look at profiles you read some and you find someone there interesting and you see that there online.
So you decide to give them an intant message so you say hi or hello or anything creative that sounds right and she responds back alright now the conversation starts so you ask them where there from and what are there interest to pinpoint if you have things in common. After that you ask them if they have msn and some of them will answer back with a yes and provide you with their msn adress.

So now were going to msn to chat and you have a good 15 min conversation and then something comes up for ex: I have to go somewheres so I'll talk to ya later .But during that time your thinking when will I be able to talk to her again because it's not like you know her life schedule.lol. So before she leaves you try and ask her for her number cause you would like to call her up sometime and talk.

But some of them will tell you well I dont know you that well. But how are you supoosed to know someone better if you dont even talk to them on the phone.

So I see this im someone, ask for msn, then number, talk a few times on the phone and then set up a rendez-vous or something like that to meet up with that person not a date just a meet up and hang out for a few hours. Then the next week that comes up it could become a date if the first rendez vous went well.
 sniper 2007
Msg: 2
How to get a date on plentyoffish
Posted: 6/16/2006 12:12:33 PM
people please dont delete this ok
I want this message to get trough once and for all.
So please respect my decision on this one
 KK-1972
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/16/2006 12:13:50 PM
I have often replied that I will take a guy's number and call them to talk sometime. It has worked pretty well so far. Women just don't like to pass out their phone numbers to people they don't know.......
 sportsdude3479
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/16/2006 12:14:52 PM
I am kinda going through the same thing. Talked with this girl on here once, really like her and now im waiting for her to come on so we can talk again. I sent her an email giving her my number, but not asking for hers. Waiting is so difficult, but be patient, so you don't push her away!
 kookies
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/16/2006 12:25:25 PM
set up at time and day... thats convient for the both of you...thats what i do with my friend kevin from outta town. i leave an email..he sends one back an says yes or asks for another time. usually we always agree to the first time..lol....i know hes busy workin an all...so during the week so i dont expect much then...we dont talk much unless we catch one another but on sundays..its our time an we talk....hope this helps.
 Greeneyezz
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/16/2006 12:29:36 PM
msg:3

Women just don't like to pass out their phone numbers to people they don't know.......

I beg to differ on that!

tell that to my ex wife that handed her # out like it was going out of style! lol
 jenann
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 1:59:41 PM
It sound like you are expecting a girl to move way tooo fast. In this day and age it is always best to get to know as much as you can ( assuming the person is not lying) about a person. Because of some of the pervs I have meet on POF I will not give out any of my personal emails or phone numbers untill I investigate this person. Sending emails and IM works just fine when just meeting a person.
 Leeanne
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 2:43:35 PM
Make sure you take time to chat with someone appropriately - get to know them a little - then just ask for a date - simple!
Don't make too much out of all of this - it's not rocket science.
 Who Me???
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/16/2006 3:39:42 PM
I get rather suspicious if a guy asks me for too fast for my phone number or readily gives me his. Personally I prefer a few (a few not 25) chats or email exchanges before I'm comfortable moving forward to a phone call.

Patience is always key. If I feel pushed into something I'm not ready for I'll back up faster then anything (feet don't fail me now!)

Instead of rushing into here's my phone # call me....simply say - I've really enjoyed our chat, I can't wait to chat again. That leaves a warm and nice feeling and encourages us to log in and chat again. By the 2nd chat, if it's gone well....then you can suggest your phone number or asking for hers.
 laurelmoonstar
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/16/2006 4:46:44 PM
I just went on my first rendezvous with a guy I met on here, we had coffee in a public place and talked for hours. Been talking on the phone, havent seen him again, yet. But,now all he wants to do is find a dark spot and have sex. Very disappointing.
 AREALANGEL
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/16/2006 4:52:59 PM
Put her in your favorites and email her....if she answers ..just ask her if she is busy some day ..maybe you can get together ..soon..? after a few emails..give HER ...YOUR phone number and have her feel free to call ANYTIME she wants to chat and leave it at that...good luck..
 Jagged Jade
Msg: 12
change your tactic slightly
Posted: 6/17/2006 2:50:31 AM
Sniper you have recieved some very good advice in this post, and it would do you good to heed it.

Go ahead and ask for msn, but then chat to her on that a few times first, before requesting a phone number.

There would be nothing sinister in asking when the person is likely to be online again, mentioning your OWN hours of habit, and a hope to speak again.

Jade
 zuzus_petals
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:29:22 PM
"So I see this im someone, ask for msn, then number, talk a few times on the phone and then set up a rendez-vous or something like that to meet up with that person not a date just a meet up and hang out for a few hours. Then the next week that comes up it could become a date if the first rendez vous went well."

Why does everything have to be so scheduled? Slow down, cowboy. If a man asks for my number that quickly, I suspect he's asking many other women for theirs as well which is not very appealing.
 SuperBeautifulMonster
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:42:01 PM
i still don't (and will never) agree with givin someone from the internet your phone number, its so creepy, and plus if you want to talk to them for real atleast have the curtosy to do it to their face. its more productive to just meet the person in a public place. then if the person turns out to be a low life u simply run on home and block and delete their msn and pretend u never met, then make plans to go meet the next guy. what i don't get about u people is that u would rather waste your time getting to know someone by talking to them online and/or on the phone before u even meet. i say just meet as many people as possible and forget all the small talk.
 guitarman100
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:56:18 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would have to agree
it is best to find out if you have phsyical chemistry with someone
before you spend hours on the phone telling them your life story.
 Elderaldo
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/17/2006 9:50:21 PM
The best way to get a date on plenty of fish:

1. Never ask for her phone number.

2. Never ask her out. Do not ask her all the questions. Pause between replys....

3. Be suggestive: "It would be really cool to meet someone new"

4. Leep the conversation light and funny

5. 99% of the women know the guy will ask her out, her phone number, ect.

6. Women want the cool guy. (the patient one) The one who is cool with just being, but not wanting anything.

7. The woman will hint if she wants to go out.

8. Never let her call you, you either get her number or exchange.

9. She needs to feel comfortable in order to go out with you.

10. Comfort equals connection.
 winterykitten
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:23:00 PM
If you enjoyed your conversation on MSN - then tell her - write her an email - you already have it if you are using MSN - let her answer back at her convenience. Casually suggest that you would enjoy continuing your conversation or continue it via email. Your chance of getting a response via email is pretty good as you are not a stranger now - but you are also not some pushy guy who asks for her phone number right away.

Here is why girls don't like to give out numbers before they feel comfortable. If it's a land line, there are sites where you can do a reverse look up and find out where they live. With all the lovely map features available online, a guy can get driving directions to your house if they are directionally challenged - he can even look up the address on Google earth and get an idea of the color of your house, and see what is in your yard - Kids bikes, toys? Car color?

I know that seems paranoid, but there are some very easy ways to invade someone's privacy - regardless of how innocent you may be in asking for a number. In giving it to you, she is also giving you alot of power.

Everyone can become a victim, but I think single women and single moms tend to be more aware of their vulerabilities and feel the need to take safety precautions to protect themselves and their kids. It's a nasty fact of life but that is how it is. In providing your number, you are not in anyway asking her to compromise her safety. If you are happy to know her via email she knows you can't trace that back to where she lives.

Asking for her number raises a red flag in the back of her mind and causes her to feel uncomfortable on two fronts: One - she doesn't know you or how you would use the information you might be able to get from her phone number. Two - you have placed her in an awkward situation where she has to tell you no - she basically doesn't trust you yet- not a good way to start off is it?

Hope that helps,
Kitten
 dbndon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 12:18:15 AM

When I first started out here, I really didn’t want to date; I was just looking around. But, the first day there was a women I knew very well, in the forums, whining about she didn’t want to date anymore cause all the guys she knew were bad.

I called her that morning and invited her to lunch. When she came in for lunch, I was reading a printout of the thread she was on. When she asked what I was reading: GOTCHA, says me and I passed it over to her.

Well, blush, bluish, giggle, giggle, her attitude suddenly changed. She and I both know many very nice guys. Besides, she said she would never go out with a guy again, and there she was with little old me. Fancy that, eh?

That she ain’t met a guy lately she thought worthy was an altogether different story. And, as she agreed when we talked, maybe there was a problem with how she was picking men.

Now I see that her current beau is a few cuts above the previous ones and she has a constant smile on her face. So, I’m happy I tricked her and that we had a little talk. What are friends for, after all?

Look, guy, never make a timeframe for anything. Some great experiences take time to ferment, like good wine. Good things can also happen at zoom speed, but that’s not often.

kuvopolis
Msg: 19
Never ask for # and date??
Posted: 6/18/2006 2:21:13 AM
Never ask for her # and never ask her out?? Then how do you get a date? Is she going to ask the guy out? I doubt it.
 JoeRussD
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Never ask for # and date??
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:24:36 AM
Nothing works for me!
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/18/2006 1:39:54 PM
The way to do this isnt that hard from what I have experienced....

1) Make and create an extroadinary profile to gain her interest and undivided attention

2) Email her with a hello, how are you.....ask them what they are looking for on here...see if they might be interested in chatting with you, and mention they have the choice on how they wanna communicate with you, if they are interested in doing so

3) Allow the woman to decide what way she prefers to communicate with you, after you let her know you are interested

4) I am friends with several people on here, and many of them I have never asked for their number ever...some have voluntarily sent it to me....but I havent called many....

5) Hate to say this with a name like sniper, they may not be in a rush to get too close to you...that name might intimidate a woman

6)Its all about how you appraoch them, and not what you say but how you say it and how soon you say it...you feel me???..You might think she is exy, but dont tell her how you would like to sex her up and down and you havent known each other long enough
 nuthafish
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/18/2006 1:52:37 PM
Hah - lol

The "correct formula" huh?

Get with it guys - get some POF parties and fucntions going in your area and invite people along - at least that way you get to know the REAL poeple on this site.
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 2:44:08 PM

When I first started out here, I really didn’t want to date; I was just looking around. But, the first day there was a women I knew very well, in the forums, whining about she didn’t want to date anymore cause all the guys she knew were bad.

I called her that morning and invited her to lunch. When she came in for lunch, I was reading a printout of the thread she was on. When she asked what I was reading: GOTCHA, says me and I passed it over to her.

Well, blush, blush, giggle, giggle, her attitude suddenly changed. She and I both know many very nice guys. Besides, she said she would never go out with a guy again, and there she was with little old me. Fancy that, eh?

That she ain’t met a guy lately she thought worthy was an altogether different story. And, as she agreed when we talked, maybe there was a problem with how she was picking men.

Now I see that her current beau is a few cuts above the previous ones and she has a constant smile on her face. So, I’m happy I tricked her and that we had a little talk. What are friends for, after all?

Look, guy, never make a timeframe for anything. Some great experiences take time to ferment, like good wine. Good things can also happen at zoom speed, but that’s not often.

Another excellent dbndon post!

This stuff isn't nearly as complicated as peeps make it. You talk a bit, you ask her out, you go out. And that's when it gets all complicated, cause that's when you guys bring the "will she let me sex her up?" crap into it.

I have no problem getting dates, heck if I said yes every time I'm asked, I wouldn't have time to go to work. My problem is that all I run into is the serial dater that only wants to sex me up and then leave me like a speck of dust, so I'm not dating at all anymore. Screw that crap, cause this ain't high school anymore. I'm upwards of 50 years old and my life, my heart and my mind are about so much more than a lil pleasure for just one night.
 shy_lustful
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/18/2006 3:42:30 PM
I have to tend to agree with this tread......asking for a girls number right off the bat is a nono....she will give it to you when she is ready to do so. There are numerous reasons why we tend to not wanna give it to you guys right away.

1. Being the security reason for us single or single mothers.

2. Most guys want phone sex and really to be honest...I myself hate that stuff. Besides the fact that I am shy so that dont help matters.

I prefer to get to know someone online and then meet them.

But aside from all that it is true how do you get a date on plentyoffish especially when you are trying to find someone local.

Written many emails to some guys and all I keep getting is read deleted......Is it something that i am doing wrong?

Who knows.
 dbndon
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:31:30 PM

Thanks Funny Girl.

Now . . . what’s this I’m reading?
I'm not dating at all anymore.

Guess I already gave away my little trick, huh. You’re a bit too far to meet for lunch anyway, I guess. Kinda young, too.

Y’know, I’ve met a few women from this site. Had lunch/dinner/whatever with most. Hugged and held hands sometimes with all but one or two. But, never once have I mentioned sex with any of them. Not once! Does that make me too slow, or something? Nope! Everything in its own time.

Ya gotta crawl before you can walk. Ya gotta walk before you can run. And before you get to the running part, you better damn well make sure she can (and wants to) keep up, else you’re going to lose her. Simple as that. Hardly anyone likes pushy people.

Besides, things move along much quicker when you get her to thinking that it’s her idea. That’s called the art of slow seduction. Just a little polite and friendly affection early on can go a long, long ways towards getting her to be sure it’s her idea a little later.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to get a date on plentyoffish