Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > 5 1/2 years meant nothing to her      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cudly_Bear
Msg: 1
5 1/2 years meant nothing to herPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Maybe i've been too hard on myself in the past and thats been changing nowadays. Tho it does seem like i'm just not good enough for anyone, if i wasn't enough for her; how can i be for anyone else? How can u just wake up one morning after 5 1/2 years and no longer love some1 like you did the night before.
Maybe i'm just wasting my time with this site.
later
 terminallycute
Msg: 2
5 1/2 years meant nothing to her
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:52:06 AM
hmmm...

ok..you know what darlin!..

perhaps you are!..because not to many women want to hear about the perils of a guy who has so much self pity!!

the past is always better off left in the past....its future time now!!
 SongMan6
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:54:21 AM
Hey bear.....how about 7 years of marriage, a little boy, then all of a sudden....BOOM!...She starts spending her nights with another man! I have to look at myself real hard and be honest about how our relationship was going, but the hurt is especially bad when a relationship can't be worked on and at least try to reconcile the problems. You're not alone my friend.........
 psssst
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:55:05 AM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all high-school sweethearts lasted a life-time? Unfortunately, this is rarely the case. I know I am certainly not the person I was at 17 (thank goodness for that too!!!) and I think it is unrealistic to have the expectations of others to remain the same or for their goals and aspirations to match yours...

Oh, and trust me, you'll eventually meet someone that wants to be with the person you are today. And have patience, you aren't going to find someone overnight on here... it takes time.

Best Regards
 Cudly_Bear
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/18/2006 2:57:32 PM
Thank you for the replies tho, insight is always appreciated :D
I am glad that things didn't go too far, and then had it happen after marraige or 10years togther, and/or children (even tho she pressed the matter frequently).
Little bit of hostility in that first reply. In response i've not had self-peity, just relfecting.
Yes, it is future time and it has been future time for awhile now, if i was just peitying myself i wouldn't be in school working ona career ty.
I'm not the same person i was at 17 either and i believe i've changed for the better in most areas. I also feel i was being too depressive on the origional post; although, it just catches your attention how things can change so drastically in an instant.
But i do appreciate everyone's opinion, and it offers some comfort to know i'm not the only one out there.
 terminallycute
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/18/2006 3:09:23 PM
ummm...

Maybe i've been too hard on myself in the past and thats been changing nowadays. Tho it does seem like i'm just not good enough for anyone, if i wasn't enough for her; how can i be for anyone else?
= self pity

its such a turn off!

Yes I know..I was harsh..

but dont hate me because I am truthful!
 Cudly_Bear
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/18/2006 3:40:24 PM
no no no, i appreciate the honesty. Although i don't view it as self peity when i don't see myself making anyone happy at the moment, regardless of my personality. If you infer 'self-peity' then that is your opinion and i can respect that in either case; since your quoting me, i must point out the 'seem like' portion of it; which i would view as being a notion in the stage of being refined.
I also stated that opinion of myself has changed or is in the midst of changing. Nonetheless, i appreciate any and/or all of the feedback, and i will soak up all the opinions and information that has been passed my way since i've been doing alot of that lately.
 tinkerbell1983
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:47:01 PM
Don't mean to be the odd on out and try to explain things from a different point of view. I recently ended my 6 year relationship to the father of my children. It ended with a chock, he was not expecting it and neither was anyone in our family or circle of friends. I just woke up one day and realized that I wasn't in love with him anymore. I realized that I didn't know who I was as a person and not as HIS girlfriend.

Have you talked to her about it?

All I can say that if it was meant to be, you'd still be together., Don't look at is as not being good enough for her, but her not being good enough for you.

I truley believe that everyone has that one special person out there...so keep looking and good luck!

Chrissy
 SUBLIME1970
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:03:36 PM
I'm with terminallycute. Your ex is not everyone. You are good enough for someone. Just keep your chin up. If all the women in the world were like your ex though, you'd be in a world of sh*t I'm joking man. Take it easy.
 sillyatheart3
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:18:47 PM
I DID IT. FROM THE AGE OF 15YRS OLD TO 20YRS OLD I WAS WITH MY BOYFRIEND.. WHO I LOVED WITH EVERYTHING IN MY HEART. BUT AFTER THE LIES, THE CHEETING THE VERBAL, EMOTIONAL AND SEXUAL ABUSE, ALL THE DAME WOMEN HE CHOSE, HIS LIFE STYLE. HIS DRINKING, THE CONTROL AND POWER. ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD DID NOT PREPAIR ME FOR THE ONE THING.... MY EYES SEEING EVERYTHING AND NOT KNOWING IN MY HEART.

ON JANUARY 3, 1983 AT 3PM I PACKED MY BAGS I PUT THEM IN MY VAGA AND LOCKED THE DOOR OF HIS MOTHERS HOUSE WHERE I WAS LIVING AS PART OF THE FAMILE. I REALIZED I DID NOT LOVE HIM........... I LOVED HIS FATHER/MOTHER.... THERE LIFE STYLE.. BUT THE MAN I HAVE KNOWN ALL OF MY LIFE.... WHO I THOUGH I WOULD MARRY AND BE HIS WIFE. HAVE HIS KIDS....

I REALIZED THAT IF I ALLOWED THIS TO BE.. I WOULD BE DEAD WITH IN 3 YRS FOR I WOULD HAVE BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH AND MY CHILDREN I COULD NOT FACE IF I HAD EVER HAD THEM WITH HIM WHAT KIND OF FATHER HE WOULD HAVE BEEN.

SO I LEFT.. TO RUN TO MY GRANDMOTHERS HOUSE. TO LEARN MANY LESSIONS. THEN RAN AGAIN AND AGAIN.. IN THE END I MARRIED MY OLD ROOMMATE... AND IN THE END I HAD 2 GREAT KIDS.. I HAVE A GRANDCHILD A LIFE.. BUT SINCE HE NEW MY EX AND NEW THE ABUSE..

THE OLD SAYING IS THIS.. THE EYES TELL THE STORY.. IT HAS NO LIES BUT IN THE END.. IT ALWAYS DIES..
 kap10cavy1963
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:45:13 PM
Try 17 1/2 years. It took awhile before I realized this.
I am too good for her, her loss not mine.
Say that over and over.
 CadeTheFireBreather
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:45:53 PM
You aren't good enough for anyone. You probably will be better off killing yourself. This generally seems to allow people to at least remember you as being someone special (although you most likely are not)

Stop whining. Get over your crap or kill yourself please.... I am sick of hearing self pity stories from whining losers
 Rego
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:47:03 PM
Hey man don't listen to "teminally****" she seems to have some hostility issues towards men. I know how you feel, and your not yourself right now. To say that your not good enough for any girl because one relationship didn't work out? So your conclusion is "if one girl didn't want to stay with me then none will" You'll come to your senses in time my friend lol I know what a hard rut it can be to come out of. Try and stay busy and keep your head up dude.
 redhotmama1973
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/19/2006 7:46:58 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people?????? This thread is called "broken hearts". People come here to vent, to share, to find some comfort. If you don't want to hear the "whining" then for ****'s sake, go somewhere else!!! I can't believe the nerve of some people!

cudly bear---you have every right to feel that way. Losing a love hurts no matter what these ***holes say...but you are good enough to find love..everybody is.
 out2getitall
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:04:37 AM
Ya know, truth is the best way to go and you are right, nobody wants to hear drama, nor do I like to talk about it. I just think it makes it that much more easyer to move on!
 Splinter
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:05:35 AM
Women don't want to date a guy that is always doing the "poor me" thing. Just because it didn't work out with one women doesn't mean it won't work out with another. If you really feel that way then maybe you should start dating men instead. Who said you were not good enough for her. It just didn't work out. Deal with it. She didn't just wake up one morning and decide to break up with you. I'm sure this is something that has been going through her heart and head for a while. She just finally decided to tell you. If you really think that this site is a waste of time then please delete your profile.
 blue eyes 284
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:07:57 AM
after almost six years of marriage and 2 kids later my wife told me she had been seeing some one else for about six months and that she didn't wouldn't even consider counseling or anything to try and save our marriage. the day after i moved out she moved her boyfriend in. i went through a time when i thought that there must be something wrong with me but then i realized that she is the one with the problem not me. it will get better it just takes time. i know that one day i will meet some one who wants me for who i am and not what they want me to be. next time you will be a little wiser and wait for right person for you.
 nikki10
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:08:26 AM
cade you are an ***hole to say what you said......you have no empathy....get out of this thread....how dare you tell someone to kill themselves....you are an idiot
 Fry Lock
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:12:19 AM
yeah, don't you hate guys with pictures of their ****es on their profile? (See cade's profile for a laugh, OP...)screw her; it didn't happen overnight, she just chose when to tell you it was over; it was gone LONG before she finally told you; believe me, dude, I know; you know what they say, God never closes a door without opening a window; maybe this window is something you've been needing; you are SO young, and it won't hurt forever, it just seems that way right now.
 Cudly_Bear
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:58:15 AM
ok cade, i wasn't whinning, i was just venting as some1 else previously stated. That is what this thread is meant for, you obveously lack common sense in that empty noggin of yours. i am sick of hearing self centered arogant a$$wipes like you trying to hit some1 while they are down, in my book you are a ****ing coward. with a personality and attitude like that, no wonder your still single you moron. I know that i am a good person, and that eventually i will allow someone else in, there was alot of information i left out on that origional post. And unlike you i wouldn't push some1 to suicide, cos i view it as a cowards escape from things they couldn't handle. For your information not that you deserve it, i am a very special and unique person, and i know that i'm remembered by everyone i've met in my life, including my ex; however, you are not. Although i'm not the type of person who would tell you to commit suicide, just tell ya to shut ur trap bout things you obveously know nothing about, good luck with your life, and i hope you find some1 exactly like yourself and get to take a good look in that mirror.
 Fairytale_Dreamer24
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:08:39 AM
Ok first of all Cade....If your gonna be such a self-asorbed unsensitive jerk then i can see why you are on a dating site. If you act that way towards everyone then I can see why you are alone. terminallycute you need to shut up ass well stop being insensitive there is nothing wrong with feeling sorry for yourself in my opinon and I think he is just fine talking about it to people who want to listen. If you jackasses out there dont want to hear it dont freaking post back stop being jerks and go away. The world would be a much better place without idiots like you so cade do us all a favor and commit suicide like you told poor cudly to do! I hate people like you guys you make the world a horrible place for everyone.
 Fairytale_Dreamer24
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:12:03 AM
as* not ass and Cudly Im sorry I really know how you feel and it sucks...The guy I dated for 3 years just changed his mind all of a sudden too. And then the guy I was engaged to after him did the same thing. It happens and Im still hurting over the last guy(its been like a week and its killing me) I hope you get to feeling better and dont let stupid jerks get you down *hugs*
 xica
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:19:57 AM
To termynallycute:

YOu are not being truthfull, you are being nasty. Nothing cute about that.
 xica
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:22:04 AM
Cade the fire breather:
sounds to me the only one deserving death penalty here is you. If u sick of hearing these stories, dont read them.
 SensualDessert
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:34:52 AM
Hey Bear...Try 5 years and 2 kids later and he tells me that he wasn't even in love with me for the entire 5 years so I wasted 5 years loving him with all my heart and he didn't even have the heart to tell me until we were engaged and 2 kids. He says he stuck it out hoping that he would one day fall in love with me (come on be realistic!) Have gave me the engagement ring because it was what I wanted. I am just glad he told me before we went through with the wedding.....OMG The last thing I wanted at 25 was a divorce yuck...But that's in the past and I am moving on....
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > 5 1/2 years meant nothing to her