Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do younger women think guys in their late 40's are to old to star      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 strider0829656
Msg: 1
Why do younger women think guys in their late 40's are to old to start a familyPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I don’t understand why women here think that guys in their late 40’s are to old to start a family. There aren’t any out there that even want to find a good man who will love them and treat them properly. I just don’t understand. Women are just like men of 30 and 40 years ago. Women want men that were more understanding and caring and now that they have, they don’t want it. Women of today have turned out to be down right mean and selfish. I just don’t understand. I 49 and ya I may be a little old but I feel like I’m still in my 30’s and my chance to have children when I was younger was taken away by a wife who lied to me about wanting children. She didn’t want any, guess who won that argument. I’ll tell you I’m about to give up all together!
 HottieScotty
Msg: 2
Why do younger women think guys in their late 40's are to old to start a family
Posted: 6/20/2006 3:51:27 PM
Hummmmm... I wonder that myself.
Lots of women..with kids..but not the same as being to program a little fella...without the fear of stepping on sombodys toes.
AHhhhh.a Batchlors life for me.
 suzanne36_lkn
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/20/2006 3:57:42 PM
Sorry to hear about the past problem of having children, Stryder. That kinda sux. I agree that 50 years old is a bit on the long-toothed side to have kids, but hey, why not? You seem like you would be a devoted caring father.
Most men your age have grown kids and the thoughts of 2 am diaper changes definitely doesnt thrill em. Nor does the odds of actually living to see the kid graduate high school. I guess it would depend on the kind of woman you are looking for, too. Do you reallyyyy have that much in common with a 25 year old? 35 year old? Most 35 year old women have a couple kids already.
Its the same reason I dont really think I have that much in common with men a lot younger than me. I doubt I'll have more kids since the risks are getting higher at my age, and most 30 year old men will want kids. My son just graduated high school. Kinda wide spread there, toddler and college kid. Good luck though. I hope you dont disclude interesting women because they dont want more kids.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/20/2006 3:59:25 PM
I dont know why some women think that, its a stereotype, ingore it. You are as vital as you feel and should be proud of that. I have known more than a few men that have become fathers in their mid to late forties...so ignore those comments and carry on!
 suzanne36_lkn
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/20/2006 4:05:46 PM
Wow, wish I'd read the profile before I answered. You gripe for quite a while about what women say they want and how picky they are. But boy, what a list you got there!! Talk about finding someone to fit YOUR perfect image! She's gotta be this and this and that and this here and all that AND gimme change!! Do you really think that angry profiles and lists of specific attributes will find Miss Perfect? Dude, you've probably met dozens of women who would love to have a good man, but apparently you ainta all that! Sorry to rain on your rose-colored bubble.....
 Verissa
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/20/2006 4:20:44 PM
Its not that you "CAN'T" do it..men can produce children at almost any age. It's the quality of time you can spend with your child..and eventually your grandchildren. My mom is 52...and she's grandma..a good age for grandma, she can do things with her grandchildren and sort of keep up with them. Children are tiring when you're in your 20's let alone your "Late 40's". So you're 47 when the kid is born..57 when he/she is 10..at almost 60 what is the quality of time you can spend with them..tackle football? long bike ride? Hey how about camping and hiking in the mountains...when they're 15 and you're 62? Sure maybe financially you're better off but as far as quality time goes most men/women are limited by this age..not all there are some acceptions..but think to see your grand kids get married you'd odds are have to live to be 102years old.
 hammerp
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/20/2006 4:27:04 PM
You seem to assume young females grow on trees. I dont know many young males that would give you their girl friend. Win the lottery or something and then you can have any female you like. Fifty year old guys tend to get cancer or have a heart attack.
 nosoup4u
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/20/2006 4:55:52 PM
Probably because when your out in the park she wants people to think that your the kids Dad as opposed to Grandfather, lol.
 bailaangelita
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/20/2006 4:56:56 PM
I gotta agree with suzanne36_lkn. Wow reading that profile is it that they think older men are too old to have kids or is it that they're looking for a "gentle" letdown? I personally shy away from older men because I do want to have a kid and, not to stereotype but, most older men (especially ones that already have kids) do not WANT anymore and it usally comes out even after they may have expressed an "open-mindedness" to having them.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/20/2006 4:59:47 PM
Well...older women might not think that but a younger woman would.Now , it would obviously look funny....for a 40+ man to carry a toddler and go to the park.No offense intended.But I think the kid would miss out on a lot of stuff having an older dad/mom.

~*Flavia*~
 MikeTheWriter
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:03:35 PM
I'm 45 and the thought of dropping my kid off at daycare and going to get my social security check doesn't thrill me. I've had too many women who are in their mid 40's want to start a family and my answer is always the same, "Send me a birth announcement and I'll send a gift." I don't know about anyone else but I have a teenager and she's great but it still is a lot of work and takes a lot of energy. I'd prefer to spend my latter years traveling and doing some things for me vs having to worry about college educations and other things.
 The Main Thing
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:28:44 PM
It's a great time for me to have a kid. I'm almost finished high school and this way he
would never be in my class....well maybe
 baldfisher
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:45:54 PM
Wow this thread is bumming me out
 strider0829656
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:47:02 PM
Ya me too and I'm the one who started it and I'm being told I'M ALL WRONG!
 The Main Thing
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:49:45 PM
You don't need new kids....adopt us
 Manumit
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:50:04 PM
Never heard of it. Just the opposite. Many girls in their twenties are with guys in their forties. Not just for celebrities like Michael Douglas for example. Yesterday at the mall, I saw this couple walking and holding hands...he was like 55 or so and she 21 or so.
The females in this site are just sour grapes. How can anyone take these females seriously? Go to the malls and beaches etc......even many nice bars and see for yourself.
 abulous
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:15:17 PM
if a guy is in his 40's and above and still wants his own kids and a family from a fertile woman the guy pretty much has to be in a position of power over women

such as a university professor, teacher, boss, preacher, wealth, etc.

leafslady
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:18:53 PM
My ex-husband is 52.
His wife is 42.
They have a 10 year-old and an 8 year-old, and they all seem perfectly happy.
If you have the love ,and energy,to put into having kids later in life,then go for it!
 PlainJane67
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:01:43 PM
Think about the children.

Unless you plan on having a nanny to raise the kids for you, kids are a lot of work and take a lot of energy and deserve the best years of your life.

There's always the option of adopting children that are older. That way you won't be trying to get around in a walker at the same time your children are learning to walk in a walker.

I've been known to wear this button on my backpack: "Do your children a favour - don't have any"
 Broken_Wings
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:15:19 PM
It should NOT matter how old the guy is i mean even if he can not give a woman a child and he wants to start a family he could still adopt a child and if he wants to start a family he should because it's going to be him his child and his ole lady, NOT them and the whole damn world.
 ducksquat
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:28:42 PM
OP, get rich and quick. Find you a gold digger to give you some pups. Hell, get rich and you may wind up with Anna Nicole-Smith! LOL
 freakoftheweek
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:32:03 PM
Most younger women are not looking for older men, simply becuase the thought of dating someone older than our fathers is not our idea of a fun time. You say you want to have kids...but by the time you have a kid, you'll be 50....when that kid goes to college, you will be almost 70. can you really afford to send a kid to college on an old age pension? can you entertain your grandkids when you're 75? most Women, just like most Men, generally look to be with someone who shares common interests with them, has common life experiences, hence why we choose someone from our own peer group. If you are looking for a woman in their early 30's, thats a generation younger than you. different music, different movies, a completely different culture that they grew up in. If you don;t share similar life experiences, what are you supposed to talk about after your requisite baby-making? you seem bitter becuase women aren't flocking all over you, but maybe you are just looking at the wrong women. I am sure there are lovely women in their late 40's and early 50's who are looking for a kind, energetic, loving gentleman to settle down with and enjoy their twilight years with. But you seem fixated on having a young woman to pop out some kids for you, so i guess you are going to continue being bitter, and miss out on a woman that may be perfect for you, but too old becuase she's 40...

also....and im not saying that this comment represents you at all, but only that it may be something that crosses a woman's mind when she reads a profile of an older man looking for someone with kids: creeeeeeeepy.
 Rebellious
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:38:58 PM
I too want to have children. Don't give up Strider, there are plenty of childless women in their 30s. I'm dating women 10-17 years younger than myself, and it doesn't feel icky. It's not the age, it's the attitude.

The most important thing children need is love and I can give that at any age. There are too many children growing up in dysfunctional single-parent homes, and the mother's youth is hardly a substitute for a loving 2-parent family.

justmeinnc05
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:50:52 PM
1. You are never to old to start a family, male or female. You don't have to have children to have a family. Anyone with working reproductive organs can make a baby. Starting and keeping a family together is a real challenge is this so called modern world.

2. As to having children, yes a man in his late forties is phyically able to have children, so are some women. My aunt was 55 when she had her last child, and did fine.

3. I am also 49 and feel the same as I did when I was 20, but I don't know how I will feel say 15 years from now. No one can.

4. I don't understand why a 49 year old man would be so interested in having children.

5. Curious was the fact you wanted children, and she didn't the cause of the break up of your family?

6. Maybe younger women really just want to date and marry younger men.

7. After reading your profile, you don't want a family, what you want is a young female breeder. I would be willing to be that you did have a good family life going, but you blew it with all of the I have to have children garbage. Yes most people do want someone that will accept them for the person they are. I need to stop typing as I really don't like you much, and need to follow the idea of "if you can say anything nice, don't say it at all".
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/20/2006 8:19:45 PM
What I am wondering after reading this thread and others are there any men on the face of the earth of any age that really want a family, or do all of them just see starting a family as a way of having children?

Yes I have children, but it wasn't a planned thing. From the age of 10 I always wanted a family of my own, but never had any burning desire to have children.

I think this whole thread is just depressing.

To the OP, your father is 28 years older than his wife? I would be willing to bet that you would think it was just horrible if a woman was married to a man 28 years younger than her.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do younger women think guys in their late 40's are to old to start a family