Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > users I've not contacted?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nickjbor
Msg: 1
users I've not contacted?Page 1 of 1    
why do people appear in my matches that I remember contacting? They dont appear in my "contacts", but I do remember crafting a short message to them. do they appear there if they dont read it and delete it?? or did my message not go though because they have a minimum number of words requirement? I dont want to send two nearly identical messages to the same girl days apart, they'd think I'm weirder then they already think I am
 forum_moderator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
users I've not contacted?
Posted: 7/3/2006 12:25:34 PM

why do people appear in my matches that I remember contacting?

The two have nothing in common. Your matches are simply people that match your
criteria for dating within your radius. They will show up if you have contacted them or not.

/Dog
 Nickjbor
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/3/2006 1:01:54 PM
I have the "users I've not contacted" option picked
 brawnydog
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 1:06:28 PM
I didn't even know that was an option. Where is that at?
/Dog
 Nickjbor
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/3/2006 1:08:16 PM
click on "my matches"
you can set an age, distance, and the contact option
 brawnydog
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 1:12:26 PM
Ah....I don't have the "contact option" setting. Admin must not have linked
it to mods. Noone tells me anything.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/3/2006 8:01:53 PM
I have the "users I've not contacted" option picked

I get the same Phenomenon testing that feature.

Something for the Admin to look into.
 markus
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 8:08:12 PM
Users I've not contacted = Users who I did not make first contact with.

If they contacted you first then it doesn't count.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/3/2006 8:33:36 PM
why do people appear in my matches that I remember contacting? They dont appear in my "contacts", but I do remember crafting a short message to them.

Refresh the Page several times if need be by hitting "F5".
 Nickjbor
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/4/2006 2:53:25 AM
I started to realize the problem is that I'll send a message, it will say "message sent" but then the message wont appear in my sent folder! nor will the user appear in my contacts etc
 yugla
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:42:54 AM
Incorrect - I just proved that by sending several emails and refreshing the view filter each time to show matches of USERS I HAVE NOT CONTACTED… it worked for a few but even logging out / logging in for fact -as I wrote down a name- a user I sent to twice still came up. So do not be thinking some one is stalking if they write you twice in a month. They probably forgot they wrote, you changed a pic and they don’t recognize you.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 2:44:24 PM
Its working fine here.
 tartaresauce
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 7:47:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is related, however, one of my difficulties is with the "users I've not contacted" setting on the
http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewmatches.aspx
page.

It is pretty obvious that many of the users listed are those that I have sent messages to and received messages from. This is particularly difficult when they have no pic and a somewhat generic name like blond678.

Does it have anything to do with which server processes your search? This feature still doesn't work for me as of Feb 24, 2009.
 dazmeister
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:35:04 PM

I'm not sure if this is related, however, one of my difficulties is with the "users I've not contacted" setting on the
http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewmatches.aspx
page.

I've just discovered the same problem albeit only with one example.

And it's not someone deleting and recreating the profile as the id number is the same.

Anyone else?
 Lovely_Suzy_x
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/20/2010 4:43:59 PM
Yup, happens to me too. Sometimes I look at a profile and don't contact them. So, when I see a familiar face a few days later and I message them thinking that tonight I think I'll say hi, I'm a bit embarrassed when they tell me that they've already rejected me. But I have the "Users I've Not Contacted" option selected :-(

Please fix this.
 burn4yours
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2011 1:38:12 PM
Wow, this feature is still broken!
 burn4yours
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:25:38 AM
No it's showing users I've contacted, there is no question about that.
 burn4yours
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:08:12 PM
At this moment No. It is showing someone who contacted me first and who I emailed back but perhaps that doesn't count.

The list seems to change though, yesterday it was showing some I definitely had messaged. I can check again later.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2014 8:36:11 AM
Bump... and thread necro.

I'm having this issue lately. Users showing in "My matches" who I have definitely contacted.

Markus stated above (some years ago lol) that users who contacted me first don't count, but this is not the case, I contacted them first.

One or two familiar faces I would put down to users re-creating their profiles or something, but it's more than that, and seems to be getting more and more. It's always seemed to work until lately.

Maybe it times out at some point? Like if I contacted them more than 6 months ago it doesn't count?
 lightstar1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2014 1:38:07 PM
I think Marcus fibs........in any case,
does any of this cack really matter?
Answers on the back of a carefully folded
ten pound note to the usual address, please.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > users I've not contacted?