Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you believe that what goes around comes around?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 danduna
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you believe that what goes around comes around?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It's so true so don't sit back crying over someone who broke your heart because it will come back to them. I remember back when I was just 19 and this 39 year old married man chased after for me for so long that I finally gave in. It went on for about 2 months and while we were messing around, he found out that his wife was messing around on him too. That didn't sit very well with him and he ended up beating her and she left him. I dumped him too because it was only a fling for me and nothing serious. After I dumped him he begged his wife to come back and they got back together without her ever finding out about what he and I had done.....Well, years later, I got married and found out my own husband was having an affair and that the girl thought she was pregnant. It was the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me in my life.The weirdest thing is while I was going thru my heartache, I had a flashback about the wife that I had betrayed many years before.I believe that no matter if you get caught or not, you still have to answer for what you do to others and it's always 10 times worse..Before you do something unkind or decietful you have to ask yourself.. Is it worth it? Can I handle what comes back to me? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 2
Do you believe that what goes around comes around?
Posted: 7/3/2006 9:55:49 PM
Absolutely correct, whatever you do will come back on you...now you best believe that...I have experienced karma, and everyone else in this world has or will...sorry thats the way the ball bounces babe....whatever you do, is gonna come back at ya!
 Lnstarkiss
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:05:59 PM
Nope I don't believe what goes around comes around. I believe we make situations fit that concept. Our own guilt persuades us we somehow "deserved" this bad thing to happen, or when someone does something bad to us, we consol ourselves with the fact that they will "get theirs". But what about all the good things you've done? Have those also come back to you? If you've ever donated food, clothing, or money to charity, have you unexpectedly gotten that back ten fold? We live our lives in cycles, and until we or someone else does something to interrupt that cycle, the good,bad, or a combination thereof, will continue. Bad guys don't necessarily get caught, and the good guys don't necessarily receive rewards.
 Jen43207
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:09:40 PM
It's been my observation, that the one's who don't feel guilt or remorse for their actions, usually don't get what I call "instant Karma" (within the same lifetime Karma). Being a Virgo, I'm inclined to be self-criticizing, so escaping guilt is not an option for me. lol So, I've learned it's best for me to be on my best behavior at all times...yeah.... best behavior...that's the ticket!
 bedlog
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:11:30 PM
I definitely believe in "what comes around, goes around". Fate, destiny, good karma, bad karma. I attempt to treat others' like I'd want to be treated.
 Jen43207
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:20:26 PM
"and the good guys don't necessarily receive rewards." ~ Lnstarkiss

What about the integrity, and elevated self-esteem gained from being a "good guy", isn't that a reward of sorts? I don't think that therapist and self-help gurus would continue to expound on the virtues of practicing acts of kindness and charity work if it wasn't helpful in the development of healthy self-esteem. Do you?
 samhonolulu
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:23:28 PM
it's nothing that a dollop of denial won't cure...
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:24:20 PM
There is a phrase in the Bible that says "what you sew, so shall you reap" .... which is where all the goes around/comes around statements come from. Every religion has a similar statement. It is the most true thing that they all say and without fail comes true every time. It doesn't happen on any quick schedule, but it always happens......but nowhere does it indicate that it happens 10 fold. It just happens, and when it comes back to you it may feel like 10 fold, but its just a sort of evening up. Sometimes it takes days .. sometimes it takes years ...... but mark my words .... it happens.... and you don't have to lift a finger to have it happen ,,,,,, it just does. Kind of negates the (immoral/unethical) revenge theory, because it happens naturally.
 vivid
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:32:41 PM
"what you sew, so shall you reap" means that you sometimes bear the consequences
of your options. WISHING somebody harm as revenge for example "what comes aroun
goes around" theories also has consequences. So, really there's no magical
energy waiting to kick your ex down the stairs because he jilted you.
 n-r-gizer bunny
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:38:47 PM
Yep I believe it - absolutely and unequivacally! Been my motto for years when I was going through a rough time and it always will be. Might not happen in my lifetime that someone gets there just returns but it will happen.

Brings to mind the phrase "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you." It is not "Do unto others, before they do it to you."
 sassyfox
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:47:54 PM
ABSOLUTELY....and what a rewarding day it is when it happens, too!!! As much as I have given....the Dear Lord's gotta have something good in store for me.
 drubedo
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:57:19 PM
i do believe this, but feel folks tend to get lost in the message of the phrase. It seems that many take to the philosophy in order to gain for themselves, sort of a karma lottery. This just seems wrong. Do the good things, keep doing the good things, and expect nothing in return. We should do the good things just because it is the right thing to do. People notice, people remember. Maybe not everytime and maybe not individually, but the cumulative effect of living a good life has a 100-fold increase of good-will generating outward. Hold a door, tell the truth, smile at the unfortunate, offer help.. just keep on doing it and don't dwell on the negative...
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:13:18 PM
Well said druubeedoo .. well said indeed.AND. absolutely correct!
 *buzz*
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:42:05 PM
100%!

... and how clever they were to make a boomerang! Simple things - awesome things.

buzz
 destiny_in_motion
Msg: 15
Well, I like to believe but I do know it aplies to me.
Posted: 7/4/2006 1:10:58 AM
If i understand this right, Karma is the force that imposes the same experiences unto a person, that that person essentialy imposes unto another. Within my own mind, it is an effecting force that seeks balance and/or a uniformity of mutual life experiences.

I think you sow what you reap as stated within the Bible has more to do with one's work and the consequential reward or lack of reward depending on the initial work load.

However, it does seem to be associated with a sense of justice for bad work done,as in towards ill will against others.

So the question for myself becomes, do I trust in a universal sense of justice and reward for good deeds done And how much do I believe in a universal effect of peoples actions towards others being played experientially within their own lives?

What I have found true within my own life;

My life seems to be very closely linked with Karma. And that is why I try to carefully tread this life of mine and understand the effect I have on others.

I don't believe Karma exists or is much of an acting force in regards to the lives of other peoples. Perhaps some but definetly not many.

As for a sense of universal justice and reward? Definetly aplies to my life, for I am so grateful for what I have. However, it seems fairly evident in my perception that bad people can effectively live really rewarding lives.

I gues to sum it up, I would have to go with a paradoxal answer and say; Yes and NO.

Thats my piece, Peace
 drubedo
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/4/2006 12:49:45 PM
^^^destiny_in_motion..
your post seems fraught with contradiction. Case in point: "My life seems to be very closely linked with Karma" & then "I don''t believe Karma exists ".. I re-read the post a few times looking to gain a foothold into the gist of it, but it alludes me, would you like to try again, maybe it was under the duress of bad karma Ü..
The post also seems to illustrate my point from my previous entry. No disrespect is intended, we all have our own way, so i ask out of curiosity. cheers.
 Wanderlust Angel
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/4/2006 12:50:00 PM
I don't believe in the idea of what comes around, goes around--too vengeful and negative in its concepts, because it is always used in the context of being hurt rather than the good things in life. mostly i just think there are lessons in life thrown at us and whether we choose to learn from them is up to us. i mean, i was hurt by a man who i cared about, but i wouldn't wish that pain on him. waste of energy..instead, i prefer to wish them well, learn what i can and move on. do i get angry some days, oh yeah, i stomp my feet and all sorts, but then i reflect on that anger, try and deal with it in a more positive way, then let it go and wish them luck. I try and put out a lot of positive energy and ideas. i don't always succeed, but i'm very aware of the importance of exuding positivity.
 destiny_in_motion
Msg: 18
I can certainly understand that. It is a tough subject for me.
Posted: 7/4/2006 4:42:35 PM
To make better sense of it all, I would have to say, " I am open minded to the possibility of Karma existing ,how-ever my personal opinion says it is not very likely ".

I have not seen enough proof to leed me to believe in Karma or ''what goes around , comes around'' entirely.

However, I have been aware of a few profound real life events that do to some point insist I keep some what an open mind about the existence of Karmic forces.

That should be a more concise explanation for your understanding. Otherwise, you can simply label me into the ''Un-decided'' category.

Peace.
 drubedo
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/4/2006 4:51:57 PM
to make this discussion easier, perhaps we can dispense with the notion of the scientifically-provable karmatic entity, and go with the more applicable lifestyle choice scenario. I choose to try to have as positive an impact on others at all times, without going to an extreme.

Here is a small example: classic mini-confrontation we all face: 4-way intersection with stop signs. Many times we see aggressive behaviour at these places. I choose to roll slowly to a stop to allow any other car that might be there near the same time to obviously know that they stopped first and thus have the right-away. Just makes it easier and my time is not that precious. Of course it would be funny to watch 4 of me hit the same intersection at the same time Ü
 n-r-gizer bunny
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/4/2006 7:20:22 PM
I have seen lots of evidence of good karma and don't necessarily think the phrase is applicable only to negative events. I believe that if you are a good person and have a positive attitude and live your life in an unselfish fashion more doors will be opened to you. I choose to believe that because I refuse to be surrounded by any negative energy and believe that "a smile is an invitation to happiness".

I consider myself truly blessed and could have allowed negative energy to cause destruction but I would rather go to sleep at night knowing that I did everything possible to ensure that those I came in contact with experience a better day. Good energy is like a smile ... it is contagious so spread it around! I am a spiritual person but I still have lots of lessons to learn about life. Sure makes the learning process easier when you are more receptive to giving and performing acts of kindness.

Some people are chronic complainers and lament about why life is so tough and difficult but don't make any effort to make it better. Far too easy to blame it on others when we always have choices and need to be responsible for our actions.

I have had so many incredible things happen over the last ten months and have been able to do some truly wonderful things to help out other people who were having a difficult time.
 know life
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/4/2006 7:52:34 PM
no, cause if that was the case nobody would do horrible things for fear that it would happen to them. lotsa folks do stuff, dont pay for it and continue doing it. even if the do pay alotta of them go back and do it again anyway
 Mz.Puppy
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:32:03 PM
I have to agree.
I was recently hurt by an ever-ending cheating man, and theat pain, I wouldn't wish on anyone, NOT even him.
Being betrayed that wway truly is an agony that is unexplainable...
I hope he learns a lesson , that he knows how his actions can destroy a person who cares for him, and he never does it again, but, I hope he never goes through what he put me threw...
What goes around comes around...
I don't know.Some people are just cold, and I dont think any karma can change that
 banana9
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:54:29 PM
i totally believe in it!! It happened to me....I didnt' realize it until i was an adult and was doing some soul-searching.....Looking back, thinking why certain things happened in my life.....
Back in high school, this weird thing happened with a bunch of people, there was this one girl in this group (high school...there were "groups") who i was kinda friends with.....well any way a situation arised and she for some reason thought i was going to beat her up!! (I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag). Well what happened is all these people just hated me....I was like, i didnt' even DO anything!!!
Well yrs later i was thinking about why this happened to me...and then it hit me! I did the exact same thing to someone else a few yrs before in junior high. For no reason other than i just didnt' like her....looking back i feel terrible....but i got almost our whole classroom to hate her....everyone started picking on this poor girl (i can't believe i orchestrated this...i was horrible)
So anyway......I definitely got what i deserved...i reaped the harvest i sowed!!
But this also works both ways....do good things to people and somehow people will do good things for you....etc.
 vivid
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:58:58 PM
Shit happens to everybody - little ones here and there and the big ones
every so often. It doesn't mean it's Karma. Take for instance the dude
who cheated on his wife and then goes to win the lottery. Hmmm....Karma must be a man.

Don't "totally believe" anything.

The law of statistics says "you win some, you lose some" - It's always been, and always will be that way.
 SoTexMan
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/5/2006 10:45:56 AM
Hey, all:

No, I don't believe this. Instead it is just an attempt to reinforce good behavior and reduce bad behavior. Religion without the deity. On the other hand, good should exist and be practiced for its own sake. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.", which most of the intolerant psychopaths of the criminal fundamentalist right have completely abandoned, is far more appropriate and direct. It doesn't imply a reward--just a simple rule that is immediately applicable--"Would I Want to Be treated this Way?" A very quick feedback loop that has no equal--that anyone of any religious persuasion--or not--can use and apply.

Evidence of Karma is nothing but anecdotes powered by wishful thinking and perceptions. Serendipity is a better term--random occurrences that have some common feature--without the mumbo-jumbo of some cosmic, celestial guide. To quote Rush (NO! NOT Limbaugh!!): "I will choose Free Will."

Wouldn't it be great if honesty and the Golden Rule were the only 'religions' anyone everywhere needed? No guilt, no fear, no egos, no manipulation for fear and world domination?

David

Messages done with sustainable energy, with Wind and Sun!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you believe that what goes around comes around?