Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 squirl8000
Msg: 1
view profile
History
can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I met a man 6 weeks ago.two weeks later he was just short of telling me he loves me.two weeks after that.He says he can see me living with him in the future.He`s now tells me he loves me and gives me compliments all the time.He always wants to be around me. We see each other almost everyday.he stays by my place and I stay by his.He`s already given me keys to his place.He keeps tabs on our anniversy(it`s only been 6 weeks we`ve been together)Could he really be in love with me?Or should I be suspicious?
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 2
can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:44:06 PM
guys can yes...

they fall in love with what they see

can be a real pain for them too... lol

but yes.. he can really be IN LOVE... this does not mean its genuine or real love...
he just feels intense attraction he calls love...

yeah
its possible and happens often with guys.

they are strange... huh?

evermind
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:44:56 PM
I think this man sees something in you that awes, inspires him. He admires you! Whatever his feelings for you are they aren't malicious, so do you think you have reason to be suspicious? Embrace the people that care about you, have faith in people. It's just not a pleasant way to live otherwise.
 Rhonda Kiss
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:46:26 PM
I think it is wonderful, I spent one night with my husband and never left, but he left me after 13yrs lol . Good luck and relax unless he start the jealous bit.
Cheers,
Rhonda
 squirl8000
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:48:37 PM
rainbow...why is it a pain for them?
 ducksquat
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:54:20 PM
I'll tell you why it can be a pain. Some of us can fall in love way quicker than many woman do with men. Don't know why but there's a scientific explanation in there somewhere. It can be a pain because often times we do not feel the feelings are mutual nor reciprocated. For me, I pretty much know quickly if someone I'm with is someone I truly have feelings for and want to go into a higher level of the relationship. It sucks when the other is so guarded and slow and suspicious. Though they may have good reason to be, it still sucks nonetheless. Having said that, I know I must be more patient with many women who are slower to develop emotional attachments. We're different species all together!
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:54:44 PM
because sometimes they fall in love with the outside
and dont like the inside part....
I think they are often too focused on looks... not in "perfection" but
when they meet someone they are attracted to...
they often fall before they really know her.
They base a lot on the outside.... too much I think.
They often feel they know quickly if she is right for him... and
I think they often base it on her looks or persona... the outside appearances
than whats deeper.

hope that makes sense. I'm tired, going to bed
nite
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:55:50 PM
Yes its very possible for a guy to fall in love in 3 weeks.....I did it...got my heart broke almost immediately afterwards.....but I did fall in love in about that same length of time
 squirl8000
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:56:01 PM
i don`t think i have a reason to suspect anything...I think i watch too much court tv....lol...on the other hand i never had god send me something so great in my life.it`s just to weird for me.no man ever said or did things the way this man does to me.
 budley
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:00:38 AM
Just trust rainbow when he says it, it is a pain

I have been in those shoes twice, once it didn't work out, and the second time it didn't even happen. Love is a very strong thing for a man to feel, and when he does, he pretty well knows it. But alot of men WILL tell you they love you just for a piece of ass. Not apparent in this case though, I think our man probably does love you, but don't let him get too close too fast, for love is dangerous and could turn to hate in an instant. If you feel the same towards him, let him know and just ride the love boat. It isn't a very fast moving boat, so don't try to push anything, and don't let him push you, because it is an unstable ride when people bigin to get unsure about things.

On a lighter note, congrats on the catch, wish you both the very best.
 Rhonda Kiss
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 1:03:08 AM
Pain my ass, you guys are feeding her a bunch of garbage just go with your gut feelings, they have never been wrong for me but too bad I didn't listen.

Rhonda
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:08:32 PM
msg 9

Just keep good boundries and take some time
to get to know him.
Do his actions and words match?

you know sometimes people get lucky and find the right one for them...

lol

I wish you luck... keep us posted.
 hopelessly_romantic
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:16:32 PM
Wow this brings back some memories as the same thing happened to me back in March and it was truly a very whirlwind romance for the first 6 weeks, and then omg it turned not so pretty unfortunately.

I say proceed with caution, as time goes on more and more is exposed to you.......I believe what you are going through is called the HONEYMOON PHASE/STAGE and it can be truly awesome with the right person.

I wish you well.........may it be all that you both dream of it being.

hopelessly romantic
 singleguy64
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:17:30 PM
I have to agree w/ Rhonda, go with your gut feelings.
Over the years I've found that I've probably far too often let my brain 'rationalize' my way into things that were bad, or out of things that were good, even though it didn't follow my 'gut instinct'.
 ~squirrly~
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:17:32 PM

Could he really be in love with me?Or should I be suspicious?

I have fallen in love at first sight...mind you we had chatted for 6 months
and knew each other really well and I never questioned it. I had a wonderful
4 year relationship which ended because of outside circumstances.

And I have also had someone tell me they love me after 2 months and I had
this nagging little voice in the back of my head telling me to be suspicious.
I learned the hard way - Always listen to your inner voice.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:23:27 PM
I think it's probably lust, but it does not mean you have to return the phrase. I've had many men say that to me and it did not scare me off. Saying I love you does not always translate to desperate. Pay attention to his actions, but have fun too!
 GreySpot
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 2:04:50 PM
Sure he can fall in love with you that quickly. The only problem is that "falling in love" is not necessarily a good basis for a long term relationship. It's and "altered state" that can be quite enjoyable or very painful. I wouldn't necessarily be suspicious, but I wouldn't rush into anything either. Enjoy what you have and see where it goes over time. You might want to look up limerance on the internet. The term was coined by Dorothy Tennov in the late seventies to describe this falling in love state. There is a lot of information on it now, outcomes etc. Good luck ...
 vhf
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 2:46:14 PM
YES.... Been there. It lasted almost 6 years. She broke it off not me. The question is. How do You Feel abot it. Some say son't jump into things other why not? If you think it is right then go with it otherwise let him know that you are just not at tht point now. You may be ther in the future but not just yet.
 jacktraven
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 2:52:29 PM

Yes... My ex boss went out with his now wife for just 3 months and got married right away. So yes, it can happen. You could hit a nerve and turn a guy's world upside down in a short time, but its still scary and makes you think twice. Just follow your gut...

Best of luck, OP
 D3nis3
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/8/2006 2:55:27 PM
He has issues, and probably was taken away from his mommy's boobie too early
 simplybored
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:10:43 PM
Hey...if it is real it will last. It really can't get any more basic than that.
What is distrubing is how a fella seems to get attacked from both sides.
If he doesn't say he loves you within a designated time fame...he's non-commital.
If he does say it...in this case , what may be perceived as " too soon "...he's got issues.

Sometimes the heart overrides the brain.
"It's better to have loved and lost...than to not have loved at all."...some smart guy said that.
 vhf
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:16:13 PM
Just another comment. Was married 15 years to a woman,she died int 95 we were married in 80. Moved in together mor or less lafter 1 week and married withing 5 month.Really depends on the people involved. Dated my first wife for almost 3 years and marrage only latst 4.
 babtet
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:17:20 PM
I think he sounds a little needy to me! How could he know the real you in such a short time that he knows he wants to be only with you etc. I would go slowly and don't forget to keep in touch with your family and friends and not only be with him all the time. Sometimes they are control freaks and start out like this(that's what I've seen on Maury anyways) Good luck and who knows maybe he just know what he was looking for and YOU'RE IT!
 OceanWanderer
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:20:34 PM
It's a fight, but I've gotta admit, I fall pretty easily...assuming she's my kind of girl. I've learned to restrain myself and keep boundaries so that we're not crowding each other, but it can be hard work sometimes. It's a constant inner struggle between wanting to spend time with her and wanting to give her enough space so you don't smother her.
 gothygeek
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:21:21 PM
Absolutely, I'm experiencing it right now.
Follow your heart but listen to your gut and everything will turn out fine.

Edited to add: This also happened four times in the past year with several of my mutual friends.

My mutual friends Scott and Chrystene: within one week they knew they loved each other. They will be married in October.

My friends Krista and Michael: She moved in within a month. They are now married and have a beautiful baby boy.

My sister and her husband: Three weeks after meeting they were married. It's been a year and they are quite happy.

My mutual friends Aaron and Christina: They knew almost immediately. They will be married next month.

All are in their thirties so we aren't talking kids here. All have stable careers, own homes and most of them have never been married before.

It can and does happen. Good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can a guy really fall in love in 3 weeks?