Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Girl Becomes Interested?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nica_Latina_95
Msg: 1
Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Girl Becomes Interested?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I don't get it.....I mean let's say a guy is very interested in a girl and then she starts to notice him, but after you realize that he isn't as interested anymore!!! I guess this happens with guys too....But I want a guy to answer that for me....I'm not in this situation, but I've noticed this happens quite often, and I'm just curious!

Thanks,

Nica_Latina_95
 arri
Msg: 2
Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Girl Becomes Interested?
Posted: 7/10/2006 8:24:11 PM
women make guys jump through hoops through the prequalifications stage .. man has to work very hard to win her .. then .. when the guy gets the woman .. it’s his time to evaluate the deal to see if he wants it or not. Looks like he doesn't
 Mustang065
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/10/2006 8:28:36 PM
Maybe after you have met someone you realize that they just weren't right for you. Some guys(and girls) don't have the guts to say. so that just show a lack of interest. Then there are the conquest guys. They're only happy with the chase. After they get the woman they lose interest. I know alot of this type. The good thing is they they lose interest quick enough so that no one really gets hurt. Then you have the guys that pretend to lose interest because they are afraid of intimacy. They may really like you, but they are afraid to get close.
Any way thats my opinion. 50.00(cents) please!
 theguy245
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 8:30:28 PM
Well part of it has to do with timing, somtimes a guy likes the girl but she is alittle out of his legue so she takes him got granted but the second he moves on she notices he's gone and she starts to take interset. At that point they guy may be involved with somone else so he won't go back to her and he probably kicks himself. OR it as all to do with THE GAME they guy is only taking interst to see if he can get the girl and once he gets her attention his ego has what he wanted so he moves on to the next person to try it all all again.
 Nica_Latina_95
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/10/2006 8:33:30 PM
So that's how it works huh? Well it's good to know, I guess when I'm in that position I'll play my cards much differently! :D
 toni26
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/11/2006 1:52:04 AM
It goes both ways....i've had "crushes" on men that didn't show any interest back...but as soon as they did it was over!! I think it has to do a little with the fact that the chase is always more exciting...once that's over...so is the crush!!

It's usually something that turns you off, whether it be no sense of humor, or some stupid remark that he/she thought was funny but wasn't, a horrible laugh, bad breath (that's a biggy), or just be it that he/she wasn't what you were expecting!!

Also, it depends on what kind of interest you show back....like if you sleep with him/her, maybe that's all he/she was after!!!

Like mama always said, "why buy the cow if you give the milk for free"!!!
 *Damo*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 2:54:13 AM
This has never happened with me. I have seen it happen to a friend of mine who was head over heels in love with a girl. This girl really liked him and had told him that on several occasions. My mate chased her for two years, at one point i was starting to get worried about his state of mind. Well eventually he gave up and guess what, she is now chasing him!!!!
 new one
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/13/2006 4:53:50 PM
I think Women tend to do this alot to men and so I think men are losing there
patience in women and stop giving them attension for long periods of time
because women lose interest.Its a dumb cycle if people would just cut the crap
out then it would be so much easier.
new one
 Tallbudguy
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/13/2006 5:24:58 PM
I personally think that the process takes too long especially if you take this site in particular. I know that I've had interest in women but after e-mail after email...it gets old and I tend to get bored. I need to physically meet them to really see if we're compatible. All this comminucation thru e-mail/msn is a bore and it really dies off for me....

TGB
 YYZAZZ
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/29/2006 3:10:47 PM
Couldn't agree more with a couple posts here. The whole 'prequalification' testing, the emails etc.

I don't understand why people in the dating world play so many games. If you're interested in someone just say it. Whats the worst that can happen?? You get rejected?

Some guys like jumping through hoops for women....some don't and lose interest pretty fast.

I guess on the flip side, if the guy sticks around through all the games he must be interested??
 Eyebeesweet
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/29/2006 4:21:24 PM
Yep, the whole game thing is definitely a turn off. I find that people who do that are generally starved for attention and usually only start to take an interest in you when you're loosing interest in them. Too late at that point though, since you know they're a game player.
 friscof
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 6:27:47 AM
Well said,new one.Why all the games?People(Sheeple)would be a lot better off if they went with their gut feelings or *GASP*!Used their BRAIN,instead of letting others(even the media with books such as 'The Game')influence them. Why not have some real discussions instead of playing chess,trying to guess what the next move is?No wonder the genders are so confused about each other...
 Jack-O-Diamonds
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/30/2006 6:36:39 AM
yeah, this is one of my pet peeves as well. My personal opinion is that no one wants to be with someone who is "lesser" than they are because they believe that they could do better, so as long as one is adamantly pursuing another, the other will be uninterested because the pursuit itself is a form of placing onesself below that which he (or she) is pursuing.

So I guess the only way to find true love is to find someone who you don't really care about at the beginning of the relationship and who feels the same way about you.

Damn shame

... or maybe people could just stop being idiots and try short relationships with people who are interested in them so that they can see whether or not they ACTUALLY like each other. Naw, that'll never happen.
 CeltiX
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/30/2006 9:37:48 AM
toni26:

I think it has to do a little with the fact that the chase is always more exciting

I totally agree here. It's human nature to want what you can't have. When that's the only reason you want, once you can have it, you don't want it anymore.
 malabux
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/30/2006 9:53:20 AM
This is an easy one to answer. Because when a guy actively likes you he acts like a nice guy (most guys). Girls don't notice nice guys, and aren't attracted to them unless they're screwed up in the head. When a guy loses interest, well then shit - he doesn't give a fu** anymore. Girl thinks WOW! A jerk that I can obsess over! And the attraction is switched ;)

Just like magnetism. South and North never meet up, they just switch up.
 Cueillez
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:03:14 AM
From my perspective... I am trying to know a woman and she informs me that she is going to make time to help organize a b-day party for a friend's 2-yr old and so does not have time for us without saying that last bit... as a guy, a party for a 2-yr old takes no more than 15 minutes to plan but I suspect for women it is a major deal... women find all sort of things to distract them and stay distracted and often expect the guy to understand... so I think what happens is that the guy after a while concludes that she prefer being distracted and he must move on.
 1gentlelady
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:06:19 AM
For some people (men and women....but moreso men I find) the thrill is in the chase. Once they have won someone over, they lose interest because the chase is over.
 CeltiX
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:36:42 AM

Just like magnetism. South and North never meet up, they just switch up

Actually, opposite poles attract each other, but I know what you're trying to say
 Shangrilah
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:30:15 AM
Because they're nuts, that's why!
 knopper3
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:35:04 PM
With some guys it's all about the chase. Once they don't have to chase you anymore, they can lose interest quick. Or it could just be that guys make assumptions about what sort of person you are (based on who knows what), but once they actually get your interest and learn who you really are, you aren't who they are looking for after all. There are lots of possible reasons. Not necessarily the same one for all of them. Maybe you are just having a run of bad luck.

knopper3
 D_olnae
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2007 9:47:10 PM
Guys lose interest, THEN a girl becomes interested (or, pretends to). It's a tired game that makes guys cynical, and reluctant to even show interest. And I know it well.
 kripcrank
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/31/2007 9:51:19 PM
D olnae has it nailed, ignore the answers above him.
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2007 10:11:52 PM
Why? We don't know. We're not mind-readers.
 Cort1295
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/31/2007 10:16:10 PM
I don't get it.....I mean let's say a guy is very interested in a girl and then she starts to notice him, but after you realize that he isn't as interested anymore!!! I guess this happens with guys too....But I want a guy to answer that for me....I'm not in this situation, but I've noticed this happens quite often, and I'm just curious!

Initial interest isn't usually based on anything substantial. Once both people get to know eachother better their interest rises or falls. In the situation you describe one simply becomes more attracted to the person they are getting to know while the other's interest wanes.
 MrVitamix
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/31/2007 10:29:32 PM
bad sex will make you lose interest very quickly, as will a girl with bad body odor and needing a shower.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Girl Becomes Interested?