Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Nurses      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bitofbeef
Msg: 1
NursesPage 1 of 1    
I have noticed that there are an incredible amount of nurses or relating on this site... what is it that is hard for you? is your crazy schedule the coz of you being single?
 Trishnaa
Msg: 2
Nurses
Posted: 7/11/2006 8:26:16 PM
Do you have a nurse uniform fetish, Tinum?

~*Flavia*~
 canadagurl
Msg: 3
Nurses
Posted: 7/11/2006 8:35:21 PM
I like men in uniform!!!
 malabux
Msg: 4
Nurses
Posted: 7/11/2006 8:39:52 PM
Maybe because nurses work crazy hours - besides.. nurse is a popular profession where I'm at.. because it pays well :)
 meli100
Msg: 5
Nurses
Posted: 7/11/2006 9:54:25 PM
I have heard that it has something to do with it...from other NURSES.

I would have to say no for me though. I usually work the night shift and have never really felt that it was an issue. I just got out of a two year relationship with someone who I met at my last job, so if anything it was the reason I wasn't single.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 6
Nurses
Posted: 7/11/2006 10:27:56 PM
I've heard the same thing , Never really thought the schedule thing was the problem for me. I find the working with a large majority of women to be a bigger problem.
If you think about it , you meet a lot of people at work or school , work is kinda out for me and I'm not in school anymore, thought I'd give this a shot ,though with the way things are going , I'm thinking of just going back to school or something! Friends of mine suggested this site so I thought what the heck, I was in a relationship for a year and a half and didn't really have to worry about dating until the last few months , it's interesting thats for sure!

crazygrrl
Msg: 7
Nurses
Posted: 7/12/2006 5:58:40 AM
bitofbeef,

A former boyfriend got me this really cute nurses outfit once. It may be a fetish that guys have: those lucky nurses on this site!

Tasha
 bitofbeef
Msg: 8
Nurses
Posted: 7/12/2006 6:09:09 AM
the outfit has nothing to do with it girls... I am curious because 1 out of 3 messages I receive are from nurses. I get somewhat of a regular flow of messages to the point of me asking this question
 hapeenurse
Msg: 9
Nurses
Posted: 7/12/2006 6:27:16 AM
I work with a fair bit of men , some male nurses ,lots of male doctors etc
most are married or are men I am in no way interested in.
I tend *not* to date people in the medical field , and my pool of single friends is dwindling so I find myself *here*.
hey yer a nurse magnet, cool!
Well I'm surprised every woman isn't messaging you , look at that....................... kitchen!
 lira
Msg: 10
Nurses
Posted: 7/12/2006 6:04:49 PM
I work in a mental hospital on a male ward. Not only do I have to be a nurse,I have got to listen to the most outragious stories( some patients claim to be FBI,mind readers,prophets from heaven etc.) they are locked away from women so I get hit on alot. We have fights,So I must be a bouncer. I have been slapped, my head slammed on a desk while breaking up a fight, had a table thrown at me and get cussed out on a daily basis.I am sore and worn out by the time I get off work. Manditory stayovers also ware me down. After dealing with those men all day, I dont feel like going out on my own looking for more. No offense towards men.
 lira
Msg: 11
Nurses
Posted: 7/12/2006 6:05:46 PM
I work in a mental hospital on a male ward. Not only do I have to be a nurse,I have got to listen to the most outragious stories( some patients claim to be FBI,mind readers,prophets from heaven etc.) they are locked away from women so I get hit on alot. We have fights,So I must be a bouncer. I have been slapped, my head slammed on a desk while breaking up a fight, had a table thrown at me and get cussed out on a daily basis.I am sore and worn out by the time I get off work. Manditory stayovers also ware me down. After dealing with those men all day, I dont feel like going out on my own looking for more. No offense towards men.
 lira
Msg: 12
Nurses
Posted: 7/12/2006 6:07:04 PM
Sorry, dont understand how that post was sent twice. Guess I was hit in my head to hard.
 Kirklet
Msg: 13
Nurses
Posted: 7/12/2006 11:59:58 PM
I have to say that as a MALE nurse, I find that working with a disproportionate number of women actually makes meeting a woman at work very challenging. One would think this to not be the case but from my experience, this is the case for ME.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 14
Nurses
Posted: 7/13/2006 7:03:25 AM
another nurse here ( RN) , although recently retired ( 20 years)
( have another profession )

People have a sterotype about nurses and forget many do not work in a
clinical or hospital setting ( with patients )... It is a well paying profession
( even the hospitals where most start ) that requires traits like dependability, good descion making skills,
good organization skills, multi tasking, autonomy, good people skills...

Some of the women I went to college with are now business owners, travel GIVING seminars, work in medical/ legal occupations... many making upwords of 150K a year.. a few over 300K a year
Nursing is only a springboard to other occupations where nurses have the skills that are needed and highly sought after. They have work opportunities open just about everywhere from legal to real estate to marketing...
There are many of them single because they basically don't have to tolerate any bullchit
from anyone.
I never met a stupid nurse and none I know have time to put up with any crap from some man....
;)
 Phyn
Msg: 15
Nurses
Posted: 7/13/2006 3:32:19 PM
Comment on nurse fetish:
It's just a thought, but this common fantasy may have to do with a deep but unacknowledged need that men have for tenderness. What Brother Otis sang about young girls also applies to men: we all need to try a little tenderness. It's a simple thing that women can offer, and it has nothing to do with being submissive or weak. In fact, it's an enormous show of strength at times.
Men are inarticulate about this need, or even in denial. Any unexpressed and unmet emotional need tends to become eroticized, part of the architecture of sexual desire. Nurses (for better or worse) carry a stereotype of being caregivers and sources of tenderness. So some men will eroticize the nurse persona.

I dunno, I just make this stuff up as I go along. Sounds pretty good, though, right?
 bitofbeef
Msg: 16
Nurses
Posted: 7/13/2006 4:22:52 PM
Oh my god rainbowfishh

I never met a stupid nurse and none I know have time to put up with any crap from some man....

You haven't met Moose up in the Nunavut Teritory Baffin Regional Hospital to be more exact and Hersey, Ho MY GOD two of the dummest women i have ever had the unpleasure to work with while with the fire department. Totally useless them two, haaaaaaa memoriesssss
 lira
Msg: 17
Nurses
Posted: 7/13/2006 6:45:23 PM
Talk about stupid, I showed up for work the other day, just to find out I was off. It took me less than 3 minutes to get back in my car and go back home and back to sleep.
 longfellow58
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Nurses
Posted: 7/13/2006 8:41:17 PM
And teachers, too. Whats that all about? I get the sexy nursie thing, but I seem to often attract teachers! Don't get me wrong, I like well-spoken, educated, self-confident women, but I hated their very kind until 11th grade, when I fell for my hot Latina Spanish teacher, thereby triggering 2 ( actually, 3 or 4, if you count the lined stockings and sandal heels !) lifelong fetishes in one fell swoop...Ok, that must be it. sorry!
 babygurl36
Msg: 19
Nurses
Posted: 9/4/2006 8:00:00 PM
well i can tell you from experience from ten years of nursing. men dont want ot put up with the girls being stressed and miserable because of their jobs and the long hard extremely crazy hours are unreal.
 kmhstx
Msg: 20
Nurses
Posted: 9/5/2006 2:40:49 AM
I can see haps point. For me (not a nurse, but in healthcare in a similar position) my schedual is not the issue, its the fact that most of my coworkers are women, and the men that I do work with are married. And Kirklet its hard to be the only male amoung a sea of women, because its like.....we all want you, lol but because everyone wants the single guy, no one goes for him to keep the sanity of the work place in tact.
For example b4 I worked where I am now there was a doctor, who apparently looked like Kovach off ER, lol and rumour has it he went through the deptment like wild fire and slept with half the dept, lol it broke up some long time friendships, and eventually he was asked to leave. So we are forced to look outside of work.
 Hackbart
Msg: 21
Nurses
Posted: 9/5/2006 4:07:59 AM
Yet another nurse on POF.

Shift work makes things interesting but you have to understand (this is coming from the male nurse perspective), nursing is more mentally draining than physically. Sure we aren’t out there all day slinging patients around or transferring them on back boards, but we have to deal with people who are usually at their worst. People aren’t that nice when they are sick, or hurt, heck they tend to not be happy when they wait. So all day depending on what the nurse does, they deal with patients, the public, and other health sectors and it just drains you. At the end of the day you go home to relax. Personal time keeps you sane.

Watched many relationships break due to the nurses not being able to put up with the whining or complaining, sometimes its hard to care when at home because your cared out.
 kmhstx
Msg: 22
Nurses
Posted: 9/5/2006 5:33:56 AM
Hackbart, its so true, Thats why its neccassary for men/women who date healthcare proffessionals to realize we need to be taken care of alittle bit when we come home. Or atleast not to have to come home and "take care" of another person everyday. I don't want someone who is "dependant" on me. I'm nurturing but I don't want to be the only one he can rely or count on thats exhausting.
 disa
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Nurses
Posted: 9/5/2006 12:11:22 PM
I am male, Registered Professional Nurse, changed careers despite having enjoyed my career and the fact that I touched so many lives in a positive manner, and I changed careers after age 40.

Was unable to provide the best care that was possible due to the encroaching Fortune 500 syndrome which was then essentially in the embryonic stages and filtering into the medical field.

Sounds like you need a change from the mental health part to another area which is not so physically challenging and threatening.

Not all men are terrible and the population with which you work are in a special class by themselves. That is the reason they are isolated and locked away of necessity.

Best of everything to you,

Disa
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Nurses