Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are people these days 'too picky'...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vindicator
Msg: 1
Are people these days 'too picky'...Page 1 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
...is that why that they stay single, even though they don't want that, either? Your thoughts...
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 2
Are people these days 'too picky'...
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:07:51 PM
For sure, that's a given.
 SarcasticlyYours
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:11:33 PM
I'm picky.
I want a man thats like my father, but younger and hotter.
 musclebeach
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:12:00 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being "too picky".
"Standards"... are a very good thing to maintain.
 stoneside
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:12:42 PM
I'm not picky, I want, what I want and if there is ANYTHING about them I don't like, then NEXT.

Yes, I think the internet offers alot of options and people want to keep "shopping".
 moraima
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:12:53 PM
Are we just being picky or are we being wisely selective.

My vote is for wisely selective.

If we have matured, we now know who we are and what we want.

It would be unwise to give up being "picky", and get involved in a relationship that we know won't work.

Being wisely selective may leave us alone longer, but it will save us from drama we don't need in our lives.
 velvetkitten
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:20:31 PM
i dont think ppl are to picky" these days " its always been like that
everyone has standards

its not a bad thing to have and as long as you know why you have sertain standards you can work with them instead of not realizing it and being left out wondering.

did thatg make any sence ?
lol
ignore it if it didnt

lol
 Just_Another_Gurl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:32:16 PM
I am torn on this. On one hand I am more mature and now know what I want and that to me is a selectiveness I need to maintain for my own peace of mind, but on the other hand I do find some people are becoming way to picky as well. Being able to determine what you want and what you are looking for is a good thing but when you are so strict on the limitations you put on it and do not give even an inch you are closing many doors on yourself as well.

There are a lot of people out there who may not seem like they are what you are looking for but without exploring at all you will never find the hidden inner qualities they have to offer either. Many people have the potential to grow with you together but a lot of people now are only looking surface and are missing a lot when it comes to the whole picture.

I just think we need to find that happy medium, if we did it may benefit all involved
 buenas dias
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:36:26 PM
Some are picky. Some just can't find what they are looking for. Some single people remain single because they enjoy their single lives. Some would not settle for people who don't have the qualities they are looking for. Everybody is different.
 hopelessly_romantic
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:39:08 PM
I personally think now being in my 30's that I absolutely know what I want more than I ever did in my life and maybe that is why I am more cautious or try to be when picking a partner to have a relationship with. Not picky I would say but just more informed as to what I seek.

In my teens I can say I had absolutely no clue of what I wanted and I think at that point in time we are simply looking for great looks, the car they drive, and basically just to say that we have a "boyfriend". In our twenties we believe that we must do the typical and get married, have a family, own a home, etc. Internally though I believe we are still on a journey of self discovery and when we get wrapped up in the whole family thing and acquiring possessions in life we lose sight of what is important to our own needs and essentially put on pause our own self growth for the sake of nurturing others in our lives.

Now in my thirties I feel that I know what it is that I seek out of mate and I would not say that I am being picky for I am far from that to be honest, it is simply that I know what is essentially important to me and what I need to be content in my life. Simply put I look for someone that I can grow with mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.

Hopelessly romantic..........
 TopekaBluez
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:44:32 PM
I must be too picky, as the ones I seem to want to get to know aren't the ones that want to get to know me.

Does that mean I'll lower the bar? Probably not, as I'm still looking to be "wow'd" by the right woman, even at 46.

Bluez
 verybubbley
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:47:21 PM
Yup...I am wayyyyyyyyy too picky!..and I always have been.
 sparkyjr
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:53:36 PM
Yes people are too picky. You can't look at a photo and say no he not my type. The guys will send you a message that takes a liking in you, and you take a look at his his photo and say too your self you don't like him with out finding out more about him. I here a lot of you lady say on this thing why don't men like short women wht won't men like tall women add why like bbw women. If guy sends you a message you look pst his looks and find out what he is all about before you hit that delete key. and you ladys can send a guy a message. A lot of guys may like you, but my me intimidated buy your looks and thinks he has not a shot of you calling him back. We all need to give people a little chance.
 mandy1984
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:54:39 PM
"Standards" are deinfately a good thing to have, but nowadays people are becoming more and more selective and picky as to what they want, for example a g/f of mine wants a guy that is blonde haired and blue eyed, and if you're not that way then you're out of the running. I think people are putting too much stock in looking for Mr(or Mrs) Right, and are bypassing their chances with Mr (or Mrs) Right Now. Who knows, maybe Right Now could turn into Right, you've got to give people the benefit of the doubt. It's not always the type of person that you've already pre-selected that catches you're eye, it could be someone totally opposite of your ideals and you could be happier with that person!

Just a little food for thought!
 Paco Leys
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/18/2006 3:59:10 PM
The women who won't sleep with me are.
 travel junky
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:04:14 PM
People are generally more selective the older and wiser they become. It's much easier to stay single than to be with someone you settled for. Being single does not necessarily mean one is lonely, but I've come across many people who assume that and tell me to stop being so picky or I'll end up alone. If only I COULD have more alone time...LOL
 canali
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:08:37 PM
Pls define ''too picky".

..that is WAY too vague a term and for different people it will mean different things...to me it means having some standards of what I seek in a woman
(and I'm not perfect, nor do I expect perfection...not at all)...if I have, say, 5 important values, I may ''settle'' for a woman who has 3-4 of them.....are you telling me that women are not too picky, too?

Face it: we have more choice nowadays, which can be a blessing should you use it to better
choose your best mate (maybe more marriages/relationships wouldn't go south if people were more picky and held off from jumping in between the sheets too quickly and thus letting infatuation, desperation or sexual needs guide this important decision)...or some people can use it to find perfection and trade up (I'm not one of those)...instead I want to find the BEST match for ME so I can devote my heart to her 150%...some people understand that, and some don't.
 guitargirl1971
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:16:52 PM
Yeah, I've gotten much pickier as I've gotten older! However, i think it's a natural progression! Don't you learn something from every relationship that you have along the way?
 ParadicesCreatures
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:16:59 PM
are people not picky enough?

im well picky. i mean there is only gonna be a few women i want to conversate with, but thats becuase im looking for one person.

most people have a set of criteria, when they are met then have sex. simple.

but love isnt criteria. love is picky. love is rare. true love. and i dont think most even experiance it. they settle for "she will do me".
 samantha_lauren
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:25:56 PM
no offense whatsoever towards all men in general....but in all honesty girls kinda have to be picky nowdays. theres a lot of things that are different now than how things use to be when my parents and grandparents were growing up. now we have more pervered ***holes who are only looking to get in your pants.
 samantha_lauren
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:26:33 PM
no offense whatsoever towards all men in general....but in all honesty girls kinda have to be picky nowdays. theres a lot of things that are different now than how things use to be when my parents and grandparents were growing up. now we have more pervered ***holes who are only looking to get in your pants.
 Paco Leys
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:28:49 PM
Thanks for not saying people with acne.
 sparkyjr
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:33:05 PM
hey samantha_lauren not every guy on here is trying to get in a ladys pants.
 hombre mercialigo
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:35:13 PM
NO, i think people are falling out of the relm of standards,
i.e, the average weight of Americans is Fat! thats not being picky its just not settling for less.
people are not born 'BIG BONED" or "a plus size" if you strip everyone down to there skeleton and muscle you will see that people are pretty equal in size excluding height!
so i guess you can say "im not fat just short for my body."
also if you have chips to bargain with you have the option to be picky.
get a career,education, maintain your looks, associate with successful people. these are all bargaining chips, get fat, maintain poor health, smoke, work for little pay, associate with losers. these are NOT bargaining chips.
 freshstart5250
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:36:06 PM
Why not be picky, especially with someone you may become intimate with? That is being smart also.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are people these days 'too picky'...