Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > MATE1 a scam :) very true, someone admitted it to me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zaphod.bb
Msg: 1
MATE1 a scam :) very true, someone admitted it to mePage 1 of 1    
Hello folks :) Just want to shout this out to all MEN. This does not apply to women.

The dating site Mate1.com is a scam, they call the women on the site, 'Online Ambassadors', and pay them 100$ per week for answering emails (not all but some, I guess the attractive ones lol). The membership fee is 49.00$ or something a month, I had almost fell in.

Really I had thought it was sort of scammish from the start, and god, if you think about it, it's SO simple and legitimate to perform..pay these girls 100$ per week, take a 49$ per month fee to join (doesnt apply to women, women can sign up for free and have full access) and take that 49$ multiply it by hundreds of thousands lol and you got a pretty penny.

I am looking more into this, but have read several articles on it now.

Jason
 movedon
Msg: 2
MATE1 a scam :) very true, someone admitted it to me
Posted: 7/26/2006 9:05:35 AM
I hope some lawsuits get somewhere with these sites (there's plenty of them)...of course they'll do no jail time tho
 zaphod.bb
Msg: 3
MATE1 a scam :) very true, someone admitted it to me
Posted: 7/26/2006 9:07:56 AM
No, because its legit.. somewhat. But it is similar to prostitution, on the fringe.. I've been speaking to a friend who is a lawyer, he is interested in it all hehe. We're gonna mess with it for a bit.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > MATE1 a scam :) very true, someone admitted it to me