Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Reviews offered      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kris1082
Msg: 1
Profile Reviews offeredPage 1 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
I've been dropping in on review threads, offering my input. Thought I'd offer a one-stop shop here (one stop for me, that is ).
I offer honest reviews. I'll tell you what I think, up front - I'm not mean, but I'm not going to apologise if I think your profile stinks. But it'll be constructive criticism, and maybe it'll help you get a few extra hits on your profile.
 darlin4141
Msg: 2
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 7/31/2006 4:49:52 PM
hi...im new and i need help bad!!!! thx hon, appreciate it
 arcticflame20
Msg: 3
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 7/31/2006 5:27:21 PM
figure I'd just ask and see what you think...
 907daydreamer
Msg: 4
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 7/31/2006 5:41:34 PM
same here...tell me what you think...looks like you have your work cut out for you =)
 kris1082
Msg: 5
darlin4141
Posted: 7/31/2006 5:44:20 PM
darlin4141:

You have a great picture. You might want a couple more up there, but this one is a good view of your face, a bit sexy without being too much.

You just need to flesh it out a bit. Your interests:

i like sportskidsand singin karokeeam a very open and confident person

This section is searchable, if you do it right. Use 1-2 word phrases, separated by commas, and you'll see them end up as searchable links in your profile. So something like " sports, kids, singing, karokee" (don't get tempted to throw an "and" in there - it just messes up the system.
Keep the last part for your "about me" section.

Once you figure you how you want to flesh out the "about me" part, you will want to get rid of this
Hi....im totally new to this, just sittin up late now and browsin, thought i would give this a try...

Add a bit about what you are looking for - who is the right guy for you.

And just checking - you say Yes to "wants children", and you're 41. Not saying that's a problem, but do you really mean you want more of your own children, or are you just trying to say you don't mind if he has some? This line is used for the first - just wanted to point that out, in case it's not what you meant.

Good luck. Feel free to come back, once you've got more info in your "about me" and I'll have another look.
 kris1082
Msg: 6
arcticflame20
Posted: 7/31/2006 5:51:48 PM
arcticflame20:

First, "prefer not to say" on body type is a cop out. You have pics on there - say average and I don't think you'd get too many arguements.

The rest of your profile - I like it. It's honest and up front. Says what you mean, and tells a woman what she will be getting with you.

True, it doesn't read "exciting" - but I get the impression that that wouldn't be you. I don't think you need to change anything here.
 kris1082
Msg: 7
907daydreamer
Posted: 7/31/2006 6:08:13 PM
daydreamer:

Wow. I'm not sure what you want, from a profile review. I'm going to guess you would like a profile that
1. tells guys you are taken
2. tells them you are interested in FRIENDS, if they can keep it on that level
3. tells them to p*ss off, if they can't respect that

So:
Your photos are great. The one of you working as your main pic MIGHT cut down on the annoying emails. Or maybe the one of you shooting - no probably not. There's a hint of clevage there.

Right now, it seems you are attracting a lot of idiots - probably based on that beautiful face you are showing right up front. My impression, from reading posts on here, is that guys aren't reading your profile. So the best way to filter is to down-grade your pic. At least you should start getting some guys with substance - they actually had to click a couple times to see what you actually look like.

I thought your timeline was hilarious (probably because I'm not the one dealing with a flood of idiots filling my inbox). But, if you want to switch to a real profile, I would suggest:

1. Line 1: (and maybe your headline) I've found someone.
Short, simple, and even an idiot should be able to read it.
Followed by something about being new (or moving soon?) in town, and wanting to make friends.

2. Keep the good parts of 7/20 and 7/26 (ie, the basic facts, not the attitude). Keep the "want to show me around Denver" part, because that's really what you are looking for now. And ditch the rest (or keep it around somewhere, so that next time a girl complains about not getting enough responses, you can show her what she's asking for)

Keep it short and simple, and fun. And get used to using the block and delete buttons. You can also turn off IM in your settings, if you are tired of the uninvited chats.

Good luck - and I hope your current fishy turns out to be all you are looking for.
 907daydreamer
Msg: 8
907daydreamer
Posted: 7/31/2006 6:11:31 PM
Thanks for the advise...I've been thinking about updating so I will keep your suggestions in mind =)
 kris1082
Msg: 9
907daydreamer
Posted: 8/1/2006 4:23:45 PM
Hi daydreamer,
I see you made some updates. It looks like you've got a good start there, but I'd move a few things around, to highlight your main points:

I'm not looking for a boyfriend, I'm looking for friends and I hope there are people out there that will respect that.
If you haven't been to your favorite fishing hole lately or you lost your morning running buddy, I'm your girl.

This should be at the top (minus the bit about "I hope .... will respect that" - that's a bit negative to start with).

Hiking, biking, surfing, boating, rafting, downhill water or jet skiing, climbing, diving

This should be your interests list, rather than "outside outside outside". That would be searchable, and any guy who wanted, say, a climbing buddy, would find you by searching on interests.

And personally, I'd make "want to show me around Denver?" your headline. Much catchier than the "dead fish" line.
 theengineerguy
Msg: 10
907daydreamer
Posted: 8/1/2006 4:26:37 PM
Tell me what you think !!
 jimminycricket
Msg: 11
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/1/2006 4:53:57 PM
please give it a boo, and either post it on here or in my messages, thanx in advance.
 kris1082
Msg: 12
theengineerguy
Posted: 8/1/2006 7:45:10 PM
A review for the engineer guy, from an engineer girl.

Your picture isn't bad - but you should try to get a couple more.

I have elected to clarify what "OTHER RELATIONSHIP" means. ... I won't ... ignore all of the wonderfull people I could be meeting

This is good to know - but, unfortunately, if you pick "other relationship", a lot of them will ignore you. You might want to consider one of the other options - you can still let people know in your profile that you are open to all variations, but "other relationship" is more likely to be blocked by people you want to contact.

9. 2 people said I was like a "big shaggy dog" ?? don't know what that means

If you don't know what it means, don't include it. Personally, I think they think that you look like a big shaggy dog

I could go on, but I don't like what i'm reading.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but it doesn't sound very encouraging.

Dislikes: ***holes, B.O., Bad Drivers, Rainy Days, Winter, Loud Drunks, People who chew with their mouths open, bad dog owners, blah, blah, blah, and girls with a hidden agenda...

Really, who likes any of these things? This whole section is unnecessary, and I think you should remove it.

Your first date section was just way too long. Shorten it up - you can still show your creative side, just no need to itemize day by day, minute by minute.
 kris1082
Msg: 13
jimminycricket
Posted: 8/1/2006 8:14:54 PM
@jimminycricket

You have a couple good pics (and a very cute son). But I have a personal beef about pictures with no shirt - I really don't like to see them, and I think it detracts from your profile..

You need to clean up your profile - make sure there are capitals at the beginnings of sentences, check your spelling and grammar.

i know it sounds odd

What's odd about wanting confidence and self-respect in a woman? I'd take this comment out.

it says that i am looking for ...

It? Did your computer post this all by itself? Take ownership of your choice. "I picked long term under relationship - but i need to get to know someone, then maybe date "

a walk in downtown vanc

I've been to Vancouver, and I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to it as "vanc". Can't you type the extra 5 letters (and the capital V)?

You have some good potential there, and I'm sure with a little bit of cleanup, you'll have girls knocking down your door.
 Banter-er
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/1/2006 9:18:37 PM
Hi Kris

You're smart. You're cute. I'd love to email you to chat about this and that, but your restrictions won't allow it. Could you email me?

K
 boobops
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/1/2006 10:43:39 PM
working on mine, any advice
 sharyn63
Msg: 16
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/1/2006 11:06:42 PM
just started on mine, havnt got pic yet, any suggestions
 mysassyself
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/1/2006 11:11:05 PM
Wow, I would love some free advice on my profile. Now if you could also give me advice on what to do with some of the unpredictable men I have met...Thanks! ruth
 lldivall
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/2/2006 8:43:24 AM
Hi kris1082. Pics I am working on. Need with the rest please. Cheers in advance.
 Kwitjirbitjin
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/2/2006 2:33:18 PM
Have time to look at mine? I know I need new pics; what are your thoughts on the rest of it? Thanks in advance!
 danial829
Msg: 20
Profile Reviews offered
Posted: 8/2/2006 4:56:33 PM
Take a peek?? I've updated mine after some more thought of who I am.
 kris1082
Msg: 21
boobops
Posted: 8/2/2006 7:26:58 PM
@boobops

I think your text is great. It tells who you are, what you like to do, and is upbeat and positive. Nothing you need to change there, except the small glitch after
don’t pet the sweaty thingsJ
(what's the J doing there?)

However, I really don't like your profile name. It makes me think of little kids TV shows. Couple that with the pictures you have, and I don't get an image of a mature 36 year old looking for a woman.

You need a couple photos that are just you, without the boys. Your twins are adorable, but they are in every picture you have, and you are in only 2. Add a couple of you alone, at least one of which is a good face shot, and I think that will spruce up your profile a lot. And, probably improve your image votes. Then, remove a couple of the shots of your kids - I'd keep one of the 2 which shows both of them, and get rid of the other 3. A good rule of thumb - more pictures of you than of your kids/pets.
 kris1082
Msg: 22
sharyn63
Posted: 8/2/2006 7:39:31 PM
@sharyn63

I think you have a really good start on your profile. A bit more information about yourself would be great - perhaps you could expand on this line:

I like to get out and enjoy what our area has to offer.
What types of things, that your area has to offer, do you enjoy?

A nitpick. The "with" at the end of this sentence shouldn't be there:

or go on road trips with

Just "go on road trips."

I would remove this line from your first date section:

Lets be honest and up front from the start and discuss where we are at and what we are looking for.

I think it might scare some guys off. The rest of that section is great.

I'll skip mentioning pics, since you stated upfront that you don't have them yet.
 kris1082
Msg: 23
mysassyself
Posted: 8/2/2006 7:46:03 PM
@mysassyself

I like your profile. Overall, I think it's really good. I love your write-up, and can't think of anything you should change there.

Your pictures are nice, but I think your main pic should be just you (none of those other mysterious faces in there), without sunglasses (pic 2 would be good, if it weren't for that). Unfortunately, your 3rd pic is blurry, so I suggest getting a new one to make your main pic.

You might want to jazz up your headline, to go with those new pics you are going to take. I like this line from your profile - maybe it would make a catchy headline?

Want to be a co-conspirator?
 kris1082
Msg: 24
lldivall
Posted: 8/2/2006 8:28:21 PM
@lldivall

You said you were working on pics, so I'll take your word for that. But just in case we aren't on the same page: pointing a gun at a kitten, and a baby smoking, are not great images for your profile. I'd lose both of those now, even before you get new ones.

I will have to assume that "licensee" would actually mean something to locals. I was very confused reading your profile the first time, and was going to say something about your comment
have a good sense of humour,got to have in my job

since i had no idea what your job is. Then I got to the end, figured it out, and re-reading your profile it's better. So, all that to say - if Licensee tells other Scots that your run a pub, great. If not, maybe move that piece of information further up in your profile.

The contents of your profile seem OK to me. But the grammer/spelling are driving me crazy, so let me clean that up for you. Notice - space after command and period. Only 1 period at a time.

I love spending time with my family, especially since they have all flown the nest now. Traveling our gorgeous countryside. Various tastes in music from Coldplay, Tamla Motown, Shania Twain, and have even been known to listen to Westlife when .

My friends are important to me, nothing better than going out and having a laugh with them. I have a good sense of humour, got to have in my job. No 2 days are ever the same. I give respect and expect the same in return, civility costs nothing right? I say it like it is, so at least people know where they stand with me. Basically, I am looking for someone I can go out and have a laugh with. Guys if you can stand listening to westlife, lets face it you must be a good laugh eh? Just because I run a pub, it doesent mean free beers for you guys either.

Now that that's done - you might want to clean up the first section to be real sentences.

Once you get some new pics, I think your profile is starting to look good.
 meka82
Msg: 25
view profile
History
my profile
Posted: 8/3/2006 1:51:01 AM
i just updated my profile but i can use all of the input that i can get. any suggestions?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Reviews offered