Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > men who are conceited and stuck on themselves      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whitemagnolia105
Msg: 1
men who are conceited and stuck on themselvesPage 1 of 1    
I find it to be such a disappointment when you find someone who is attracted lets say on the scale of 1 to 10 he is a 7 and ya get to talking to him and things are going smoothly ,THEN WHAT A LET DOWN WHEN YOU FIND THEY ARE STUCK ON THEMSELVES IT JUST TAKES SO MUCH AWAY FROM THEM now they look like snotty asses and ya really see how the inside of a person can change any beauty on the outside and vise versa. I guess it's true when it comes down to it beauty on the inside counts alot
 ponygrl™
Msg: 2
men who are conceited and stuck on themselves
Posted: 8/3/2006 9:01:47 AM
i think that they're so stuck on themselves cuz of a few reasons..............

1 - lack of attention
2 - an attention getter
3 - never thought that it would bother the next person

in highschool, i knew just about the entire jr/sr class when i was only a sophomore. i was always outgoing and loved to hang out with everyone. they all accepted me for me, unlike some of the jocks who only cared about the cheerleaders. even some of the cheerleaders were snooty but most of them still talked to me. both cheerleaders and jocks were always stuck on themselves. it bothered some ppl, just never let it bother me.
 iamasquare
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/3/2006 6:36:05 PM
I'm not conceited, I'm just very aware of how damn great I am.
 darlingwildone
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/3/2006 7:40:10 PM
Too bad we're not all aware of your greatness iama.....but i'm sure you won't mind reminding of that fact j/k hun
 ponygrl™
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/3/2006 9:51:24 PM
darling, i guess us ladies r going to have to bow for his hine ass...........when they (the stuck up guys) walk into the room
 trexler
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/4/2006 3:39:09 AM
when a guy works at something and he knows he's above average he is gonna have a swagger for sure but a real man doesn't need to remind anybody how good he is.ya can't get to the top sittin on yer bottom fellas.i'm with the guys but i can see some gals not really likin it since they want to be the center of his life.....that's ok too cause if she is worth it she would be the center of mine....scoutman
 ponygrl™
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/4/2006 7:12:32 AM
hey scoutman, r u one of them, the conceited ones? it's this way, when a man or a woman works very hard to get where they're at and they brag about everything from their looks to the shoes on their feet, then to me they r conceited. i'm not a bragger, i never was. i have plenty of accomplishments. and wanna know something.................there are plenty of men that say that i'm beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside. i don't brag about that. there r a lot of men that say otherwise. me personally, yes i am pretty, but that's as far as i would go with saying things about my looks, and yes i do have a beautiful inside, a heart of gold, friendly, and outgoing, but i also don't brag about that either. i don't wanna be the center of no man's life...........no man's attention........i don't want men dropping to their knees and kissing my feet or the ground that i walk on..............i wouldn't be me. oh, and scoutman, why would u just settle for someone being the center of ur life, y not ur whole life?
 feesie
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:37:03 AM
well im not concieted but lots of guys are and thats just stupid ya its ok to think good of ur self but come on now some people go to far well u are cute ponygrl
 stever298
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/4/2006 9:24:04 PM
It's a thin line between "conceited" and "confident". Bragging is just "retarded".
 ponygrl™
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/6/2006 12:53:11 PM
thank you fee..........i never thought of myself being conceited, stuck up or even being a snob.......hell, i'm none of them, i'm just me. besides, who'd wanna waste their time being with a man or woman that's so much in love with themselves? not me.......ut-uh, no way!!! i'm not rich so i can't share the wealth but the on the other hand the only wealth that i have is love, honor, respect, and trust.......................just being me i guess....
 whitemagnolia105
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/11/2006 2:28:26 AM
well go ahead ponygrl i agree, I don't look at my accomplishments to have to bragg about them and believe me I've accomplished probably more then these concieted wanna be's when a man makes a comment like you may get to kiss me if your lucky well ya know his luck just ran out, ha ha, I guess I view a real man alot different then boys like that, and I am good very good at the things I do but I don't let it enterfere with who I am. I am no better then the next guy and the guy or woman who thinks they are better well these kinds of people are the people I rather not have around me. I don't care if I make a thousand dollars a day (and by the way I have many days that I do and many days even more and many days even less) I'm no better then anyone. and what accomplishments makes a man so great that he must be concieted? we are all great in many ways. no need to let it go to your head it just creates a disgusting person at times There is a difference between acknowledging your accomplishments and being proud of what you worked hard for and scarfice for I am proud of those things but not stuck on myself. I'm off to work I hope everyone's day brings them lots of smiles and laughter something we all enjoy lov ya guys see ya later
 feesie
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/11/2006 8:09:45 AM
@ponygrl well thats what a real man like me wants any way
 ponygrl™
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/11/2006 1:22:44 PM
hmmm, let's see r u a real man?

j/k hun
 feesie
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/11/2006 2:41:59 PM
ya i am a real amn message me well talk
 ponygrl™
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/11/2006 4:08:56 PM
i dunno about that.....................am i going to have to ask for age cards?

j/k hun

btw, how's the new pic?
 The Black Knight
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/12/2006 2:33:42 PM
The best thing to do is just move on....people are people....and if you don't clique with them don't waist your time.....I have met very attractive women with good hearts, very humble, very kind and overall sweethearts......and I have met women who are not attractive and they can be very arrogant, rude and self centered. Bottom line is the beauty on the outside does not determine the beauty on the inside. And beauty will always be measured by the eyes of the beholder. Lets face reality 95 percent of our population is going to seek first by the outward appearance. If the physical attraction is there then we seek for the mental attraction. If its not there then we lose interest.
 iRocket
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2006 9:30:01 AM

I guess it's true when it comes down to it beauty on the inside counts alot

You might find one day, it's the only thing that counts. Looks change, by natural process or accident. So many double standards in the replies to your post White. People talking about not being conceited or bragging and in the same breath, bragging and being conceited. I just chaulk it up to patterns of human behavior. We are who we are regaurdless of what we say.

Your ears hear the words, your heart hears the truth. It's sadly rare that your ears and heart hear the same thing, and even more rare that you see it backed up thru their actions. Some peole dont worry about the words at all, and let their actions do the speaking for themself. Even more rare.

Good luck with your search white:)
 whitemagnolia105
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/21/2006 8:37:19 AM
@ Irocket... I try to look at everyones point of view with respect i'm sorry you see me as such, I was only trying to point something out, and using it as an example of how one COULD BE.If I used the word SOMEONE ELSE instead of the word MYSELF that would shown you a different prospective maybe?:I guess I should have taken more time in chosing my words and thought about the possibilities that some [people are not letting themselves see the true intentions of what one is applying. or their not able to see your train of thought for their mind is on another train of though which basically with your post all i can say is you treat people the way you want to be treated you don't put other people down due to the lack of knowledge or understandment. Human behavior is a set pattern, I agree, in all my post NOT JUST THIS ONE THAT I HAVE POSTED, WILL YOU SEE THE PATTERN YOU CHOSE TO PLACE ON ME........ PHILOSOPHISM
 Pa Irishman
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/25/2006 8:34:21 AM
I'm not conceited, I'm convinced! Just kidding! *getting his fire suit on* Seriously though I think overactive egos run to both sexes. Women always say "it's what's on the inside that counts" but then you get the replies from an honest email and pic to them that says "I'm not attracted to you" like how would you know from an initial email if it's what's on inside? I also think that the overactive ego is mainly to hide an insecurity inside, perhaps these people were hurt before so try to overcompensate? I don't let it bother me anymore that much, My dad was a Marine corp's drill sergeant..taught me to cook,clean,sew everything so only need a woman in my life for well you know. Makes it easier to look for something you want when you don't "need" anything. I think blanket statements on men or women have to be watched..some problems are universal :) Just my .02.
 iRocket
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 12:57:58 PM

I try to look at everyones point of view with respect i'm sorry you see me as such

um...ok...what do I see you as?? I think I missed it. I was agreeing with your post.

their not able to see your train of thought for their mind is on another train of though which basically with your post all i can say is you treat people the way you want to be treated you don't put other people down due to the lack of knowledge or understandment. Human behavior is a set pattern, I agree, in all my post NOT JUST THIS ONE THAT I HAVE POSTED, WILL YOU SEE THE PATTERN YOU CHOSE TO PLACE ON ME........ PHILOSOPHISM

um...........ok..........ya..........can you run that by me again? lol, j/k.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:36:47 AM
hmmm, i'm not conceited just convinced, wow!!! where did i hear those words at before? oh, it was the entire time i was growing up from teenage to a woman. damn, now that i'm a woman i'm still hearing those words.

now as to where i'm concerned, once again, i'm not conceited, nor am i convinced, i'm just me.
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > men who are conceited and stuck on themselves