Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What do women think about men with ED      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mindonfire61
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What do women think about men with EDPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Ladies I am looking for input on what you really think about a man with ED. I have been out of ciculation now for 2 years with no partner to try out the medications that are available.
Once I establish a relationship I will return to the doctor for more help. I have been intimat a time or two and have satisfied my partner in ways with out having normal intercourse. Could you love someone who is having this problem. I have the triple whammy with Hi BP and Diabetes and taking very strong meds for BP. Tell me what you think
 cotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do women think about men with ED
Posted: 8/3/2006 8:06:40 PM
I believe you'll find women ...

*who would not consider that a problem ...

*who will tell you that if the problem did not exist getting into the relationship and then began to occur after they have fallen in love with you, they would not abandon you ...

*who just will find that particular problem too overwhelming to be willing to start out with.

In my scope of practice that is what I have found to hold true.

There's no doubt other opinons, but that's what I've experienced in dealing with my male clients and their partners when this occurs.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/3/2006 8:13:44 PM
It may be for some but its not for me...
Maybe in 20 years... I may feel differently (?)
and maybe not.
 Sassy911
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/3/2006 8:52:28 PM
First I need to know what ed is......and all the other initials.......
 ottgrrl24
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/3/2006 9:31:57 PM
mind.....u'll find someone eventually. dealt with an ex that had that problem and it wasnt an issue cuz he made me satisfied in others ways. you just need an understanding gf.

good luck

angel..........i agree she's being a twit and sometimes its better to keep ur mouth shut but not all single mums are idiots. i dont know if i just read that the wrong way tho but being a single mum i kinda took offence.

angree completely she should keep her mouth shut
 SniperDoc
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2006 9:42:21 PM
Angelfacelo, this guy bares his soul to try to get a feel for what's going on out there with current attitudes and you can't muster up the courage to do anything but slam the guy. What a petty little prick you must be. May you be cursed to deal with limp penis's for the next five years!! Maybe that will teach you a lesson. Don't try and justify your actions, as you are in the minority here. From here on, grow up and handle that severe personality defect of yours.
 cotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2006 10:02:09 PM
Thanks "SniperDoc" ... he needed that! His remarks were totally uncalled for.

OP: I apologize if my first post sounded so clinical ... I wanted to get that out there so that people could read it and post into it as well. I wanted you to know that you will encounter mixed attitudes about it.

I think it's extremely brave of you to put yourself out there like that and strongly believe we need threads that discuss this issue as I'm sure the more we know about it the easier it will be for us to conquer our eventual "hang ups" regarding it.

I think you will find that a more mature woman will not have a problem with the issue. She will work with you on it and be patient and caring about the need for medications that take time to work before results are achieved. A lot of women have no idea how these medications actually work.

They do not realize that it's not a matter of a man swallowing a pill and getting an automatic erection. That's why we need to talk about these things. For the medication to be successfully used, the gentleman truly has to be desirous of sex ... and he has to have a partner who is willing to take the time ... while the pill is being absorbed into his system ... to remain at his side.

Having a loving caring patient partner is an absolute necessity when a man is afflicted with ED ... erectile dysfunction (for the poster who inquired about what ED stands for). Foreplay is an important part of the intimate relationship and you'll find you cannot skip this phase. The more sensual and playful it is ... the better the results from the medication.
 SensualDessert
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/3/2006 10:22:17 PM
Ok I know what ED is...Diabetes is obvious...But what are Hi BP? Please...
 cotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2006 10:25:34 PM
Hi BP is High Blood Pressure. Usually it's not the high blood pressure that creates the ED problem ... it's the medication that one uses to lower the blood pressure that wreaks havoc on a guy and his ability to have an erection.
 Brandilicious
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/3/2006 11:04:20 PM
wow angelface your awful**** for such an ugly guy, I'm in calgary too maybe we could hookup so I could SLAP you!
 Somewhat Romantic
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 12:49:37 AM
Angelfacelo,I can't wait 'til you get older,or anything bad happens to you,for that matter.
 puppylove
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/4/2006 1:18:41 AM
mindonfire - I acknowledge your courage to come out and ask women what they think about your situation. I guess it all depends on what the woman "has" to have, but underneath that, I think it depends a lot on the nature of her personality and the experiences she has had in life. Women place a lot of emphasis on the emotional connection they have with their partners, and there are SO many women out there who've never experienced being in a relationship in which there is a mutually fulfilling emotional connection. So in my eyes, I don't think it's an issue if the woman and yourself are connecting well on an emotional level.

Could you love someone who is having this problem.
Yes.
 ascuteasabug
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/4/2006 1:26:52 AM
Angelfacelo, As a 25 yr old woman this may seem silly to you. That does not make it any less important than anything you care about. Your lack of sensitivity and class is showing.
 rune3
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/4/2006 1:30:00 AM
Ditto to what Puppylove said. Couldn't have said it better.

You'll be much more likely to find someone with a kind heart than someone shallow and mean, look on it that way. *swats at Angelfacelo*
 Spelly
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/4/2006 4:47:36 AM
Angelfacelo shame on you for your nasty posts ~ apparently Starbucks coffee impedes your ability to use proper puncuation. Never liked their coffee anyway.

OP, as many women will tell you, orgasm through intercourse alone tis a rare thing indeed. The right woman for you will understand your physical limitations and accept them. From what I know about diabetes (which is quite a bit as a dear friend is a brittle diabetic ~ up to 8 needles a day) your options are fairly limited ~ especially with your BP being an issue as well. Focus on what you can do and offer your partner ~ sexually and otherwise ~ and while you may find some women who can't handle it, you will also find women who can. Best of luck to you and to use one of my father's favorite expressions

Illegitimus non carborundurum (don't let the b*stards grind you down)

Spelly
 Runs With Squirrels
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 7:20:38 AM
Truly, it's not that big a deal. I dated someone who had that problem; he took meds for it and 90% of the time they worked very well. The other 10%, we both still had fun, and he was considerate enough to make sure I was taken care of, regardless. Honestly, the sheer number of various medications out there make the "problem" insignificant, at best. So don't worry too much about it.
 Carol27
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/4/2006 7:38:55 AM
Angelfacelo is extremely rude, but I would have to agree with ottgrrl24....I did take offense to the "single mom" remark from Thereal_deal. Just because Angel is immature and rude doesn't mean that it is a "single mom" thing. Sheesh.

On Topic: You will find someone who will except this about you OP. Just be patient. In the mean time, you might want to talk to your doctor about alternatives to the medications, or maybe something that would assist in alleviating the side effects.
 mindonfire61
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:43:03 PM
I want to thank everyone for the encouragement and to those who slapped angleface. I toke a look at his post on other threads and he just cruses the forums looking to be nasty. we will all ignore him he will go away.

I have been intimate with a few women since my divorce. I dont seem to have a problem satisfying a womens needs. As a matter of fact i have become very good at other forms of sexual pleasure for my woman. I am very into oral and love giving pleasure that way. Sorry for this but i was with a woman who didnt tell me she was a squiter and she damn near drowned me with multiple orgasms. Wow what a great night that was.

So I have adapted and will always put my partners satisfaction first. I do have an apointment with my doctor next week and this will be a topic we discuss.

As far as being brave about reveiling this, yes it is embaracing but i like to be honest. Also if one cant make fun of ones own problems then that leaves people like angelface distract from the better things in life.

Fact is I have love to offer and that is more real than getting ****ed.

Most all of you i wish were closer I would show you all the apreciation you deserve. you are all beautiful people. Angleface i bet that i can have a woman satisfied and begging for more and than laughing at you for you short comings. Someday you will understand the meaning of love is not getting laid. Remember in a blink of an eye you could have your life change. Maybe like my ex wife who couldnt take the no normal intercourse thing and went for it else where could teach you a lesson. I don't have herpes. Her drug regemin to control hers now is costing her plenty. She didnt realize that love doesnt give you herpes.

thank you everbody
 mindonfire61
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:51:47 PM
Thanks to The_realdeal
 mindonfire61
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:52:50 PM
Thanks rainbowfish
 mindonfire61
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:56:05 PM
Thanks ottgrrl for the input
 mindonfire61
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 11:03:22 PM
Thanks passionate kisses
 mindonfire61
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 11:06:07 PM
thanks brandilicious hope your dreams do come true.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What do women think about men with ED