Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > men leaving their current woman for another woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 1
men leaving their current woman for another womanPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Why do some men leave a nice good looking woman for another woman that is not as nice as the one they have at home I mean pretty inside and out. Such as Prince Charles leaves lady Di for Camilia. Or clinton out with Paula Jone she not attractive and chubby Monica. Why not just keep his wife she not very pretty either but if men are going to cheat at least pick on someone better. I am sure some women do the same. I think maybe some men could be doing it just for the new excitement of sex with some one new. Is a new sex partner worth the sadness it is going to cause, losing the current relationship?
 Wizard097
Msg: 2
men leaving their current woman for another woman
Posted: 8/19/2006 4:07:10 AM
Though Ill never truly understand why people do that, i do know for a fact that it isnt just men who do it..women do also.
WQith that said..is it possible that they are just using their new acquisition as an escape from their supposed beloved...Usually those types of relationships fail miserably anyways.
 Nos800id
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 4:08:15 AM
If he leaves one for another then there is something better in his mind with the New one then the old one.

If he thought the one he had was nice and pretty inside and out and they had decent sex then he wouldn't leave.
 Sid Valleyview
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/19/2006 4:25:27 AM
Maybe the new person has a way of looking at life that they can relate to. If things are getting stuffy on the home front and they encounter someone that "lights the fire" then I guess temptation is sooo easy. This goes for both sexes in my book.
 Jus_Desireable
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/19/2006 4:54:38 AM
Amen to that Wizard097.. Its a two way street there and both sides use it.

Obviously he is just finding something there with them they weren't getting with the other woman. WHo knows, maybe becuase she isntg as nice could be a reason?

But after all is said and done do you really want someone who is obviously looking for something else still with you and probably cheating on you and all that other stuff or rather he go on his way and you can find someone who will appreciate you for you?
 buttonsone1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 7:09:56 AM
there is something wrong with the relationship...
 ABGirlxo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 7:44:09 AM
People and guys in general just want what they can't have. They see it and they want it period. They may regreat what they have done later but by then it is too late. JMO
 Cali Dreamin8
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/19/2006 8:01:27 AM
Well you know what they say, "the entree' is'nt as good without something on the side"
 shayne2112
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/19/2006 8:24:36 AM

you've just crossed the line and joined the male masses..shame on you..why the hell are you disgusted because a man leaves a woman for someone "chubby"...or "not as pretty"?...this is the reason why women get pissed at men, now i see women are just as superficial about other women, thanks to you...
 Sactowndude
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/19/2006 8:28:00 AM
Some people get tired of having the same cereal everyday,they prefer the variety pack instead.I have a friend who cheated on his wife...and she was beautiful,nice,etc.We all thought he was crazy but he was a player and got caught.Maybe it's a thrillseeker thing:like when people shoplift to see if they can get away with it.
 zentral
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 8:31:36 AM
I would think that a man might leave if there were something lacking in the relationship. Simply because you don't know what it is or can't accept that it is so (hypothetically speaking) does not mean it isn't so. Perhaps the two people are simply incompatible on a deeper level and a superficial relationship isn't what he wants to have forever.

If it is just about leaving for sex, then it may be that he's not getting any in the relationship, or they are sexually incompatible. It does not excuse cheating, but it may explain the motivation in some cases.
 *Flavia*
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/19/2006 8:56:04 AM
I think they feel bored looking at the same person everyday, so they just want to go and try something different no matter how ugly that other person might be.

Now, I'll never understand why Prince Charles left Lady Diana for Camilia. Because Camilia looks like an old hag.

Who knows.....I'm not even a man to begin with.
 guitarman100
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/19/2006 1:12:18 PM
kid rock once said
"even gold plated Pusssy gets boring"

I have never cheated on a girl myself.......I just wanted to use that quote
 Racer71
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/19/2006 2:12:24 PM
I personally can't understand it. If I'm with a attractive woman that also has a great personality, I wouldn't even think of looking elsewhere.....
 Iluvtofish
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/19/2006 3:02:41 PM

Why do some men leave a nice good looking woman for another woman that is not as nice as the one they have at home I mean pretty inside and out. Such as Prince Charles leaves lady Di for Camilia. Or clinton out with Paula Jone she not attractive and chubby Monica. Why not just keep his wife she not very pretty either but if men are going to cheat at least pick on someone better. I am sure some women do the same. I think maybe some men could be doing it just for the new excitement of sex with some one new. Is a new sex partner worth the sadness it is going to cause, losing the current relationship?

This is just proof that looks do not mean everything. People want a life partner. You can date a person who looks gorgeous to you but is missing evertying else such as attitude and personality. And besides just because the person doesnt look that great to you doesnt mean the same for them.
 sunshyne1977
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 4:34:50 PM
great question,i wondered,that,too. or guys who say they found someone better,then start calling you when they realize the grass isn't always greener.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 7:29:56 PM
We are not monogamous by nature. Some of us ar emore natural than others unfortunately. Just say no to self pity, it is entirely counterproductive. Be the better person, move on.
 DentedKnight
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/19/2006 7:48:31 PM
'Cause she's not as good as your press makes her look?

Perhaps Camilla was much better at talking to Charles?

Is it possible that the only thing that sucked about Hillary is her ability in the sack?

Both sexes are good about not letting the world know how much thier public life does not reflect reality. The number of divorces no one saw coming is staggering.

By the time you are making a judgement like the OP. You are so far down the road it is impossible to really know what happened and why other than something was WAY off what the rest of thier friends and family thought was going on.
 Rhonda Kiss
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 10:16:54 PM
^^^ so true had it happen to me.
He loved me but wasn't in love with me

Rhonda
 Buttercupcassandra
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/20/2006 2:22:29 AM
I think most pople here have got the right answer, something new and i guess the grass is always greener on the other side.... so they think, till it fades to the same shade as the others
 Jon_Duan06
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/20/2006 2:59:47 AM
I would only pull that move if the girl i was with wasn't put the cherry on my cake, the whip in my lash or the engine in my hood
 Knottyboy
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/20/2006 5:41:17 AM
Why do you project interpretations outward and assume the other person sees the one you observe in the same light? He might know her darkside and you not. Therefore he knows her more than you. If you like her so much. Hook up. I'll film it and cheer you on.
 Niobe
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/20/2006 5:58:58 AM
I've been with my hubby since we were both 17.He has never cheated or had a desire to cheat.Even when we had problems that seemed insurmountable he stayed faithful.
 athletic_funny4
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/20/2006 6:23:36 AM
Ego, insecurity, challenge, selfishness.

"Some" insensitive men/women selfishly seek out their fantasies and/or consider it a challenge to see if they can still attract a younger women (insecurity) (Clinton/Luensky). If they do "conquer" more women it gives their ego a boost even if they are not so pretty and nice.

And "some" men/women love and care for their partner so much that they would never risk hurting them so deeply.
 shrekcansqueak
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2006 6:24:45 AM
did they stay married?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > men leaving their current woman for another woman