Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > are you in love with someone you can't have?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 very_old_soul
Msg: 1
are you in love with someone you can't have?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
it really sucks..............(2 years and counting)

do you lose sleep over it, does it affect your life as a whole?
 Girliezena
Msg: 2
are you in love with someone you can't have?
Posted: 8/26/2006 10:11:05 AM
I think we all love someone we can't have, whether by our choice or theirs - falling in love isn't a timetabled event, sometimes it just happens to us and we really can't help who we do fall for.........you have my sympathy.........but try falling in love with someone who doesn't believe you when you tell them - now THAT sucks big time!!!
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/26/2006 10:18:42 AM
Yeah.. and you tend to carry it with you whether you want it or not...

You just gotta keeep pushing on.
 blueeyes4u59
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/26/2006 10:53:37 AM
Wow Ikusa you hit the nail on the head. You definitely carry it with you whether you want to or not. I've been in that kind of relationship with someone for over 20 years - at times we've been together joined at the hip - at times we've been very distant when life got in the way. Right now we are just good friends (with no benefits). When we've been together, it's been heaven. I'm moving on with my life because I realize that I can't put my life in his hands any longer, but he will never be out of my head.
 Greeneyezz
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/26/2006 11:06:09 AM
yes - 100s of women!

I don't lose any sleep over it/them though!

swee10lo
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/26/2006 11:07:33 AM
I was, but had to realise I had to move on..love should never be onesided!
 darkangelofdeath™
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/26/2006 11:11:23 AM
has it ever occured to you that the only reason you feel this way is because you can't have her? WE all want the unobtainable but where love is concerned, clinging on hope for two years seems pointless if you already know that it's never going to happen. You are just wasting your time. Maybe some day in the future something may come of this, but in the meantime, why not give somebody else a chance? You may soon find out that everything you were ever looking for was not quite what you expected.
 very_old_soul
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/26/2006 11:25:22 AM
has it ever occured to you that the only reason you feel this way is because you can't have her?
no

Maybe some day in the future something may come of this, but in the meantime, why not give somebody else a chance?

so I (and others) should play around with other womans emotions until i know for sure?
 darkangelofdeath™
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/26/2006 11:42:09 AM
no i'm not saying that. I am just implying that you should give yourself a chance. Start meeting other women....make some new friends. You never know what might come of this and as i mentioned before "you may soon find out that everything you were ever looking for was not quite what you expected."
i don't call this playing around with women's emotions.
You have spent the last two years losing sleep over someone unobtainable. How healthy is that?
I understand that it's not easy to choose who to have feelings for, but soaking in it is another story, which is pretty much what you have wasted the last 2 years doing.
 swee10lo
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:37:17 PM
but you need to figure out a way to let it go.
 Funme40
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:42:36 PM
I know how he feels. I loved someone so much years back that I felt it wouldn’t have been fair to pretend loving someone new when my heart belonged to someone else or simply knowing that the new one was just a close runner up. This isn’t fair. I have to suggest professional therapy if it’s been several years and you still can’t move on.
 Skeena Rivers
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:43:24 PM
I wouldnt say in love...I would say really really really realy really really....like him...however just can't be together.

Great now look what you did?
 Shirls
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:53:38 PM
I have been in a similar situation for the past 3 years. Whilst I know and realise it will never work and the trust will never be there, love doesnt just disappear, it takes time and trying to meet people too soon just doesnt work and its not fair. Having said that, you do have to make yourself move on, even if its to just meet other people as friends, keep your life going and take your mind off the hurt, it really does help
 smile4meagain
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/26/2006 3:02:09 PM
Mine has been going on for over 3 years. Love him with all that he will allow me to. Want him every second. No replacing him and don't even want to. So I hurt and I cry everyday. There is always hope. But after this long it is affecting me. Depression comes and goes. I feel for you! Hope someone has an answer - that will sink in to my stubborn mind.
 jyoung3115
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/26/2006 4:35:02 PM
I believe very old souls are always in love with someone you can't have! Sometimes we forget how to love the here and now! For me it's OK to love someone you can't have? But it is a choice and you don't have to let life pass you by just let it be.
 All_Canadian
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/26/2006 5:55:08 PM
Bottom line here, is the fear of "rejection". Have not met anyone who can handle it yet. Love boils down to complete sharing as the "One". How can that happen if you know deep down, there's no chance. Get on, move on. Hopefully, you'll find your one and no more POF...
 Meface
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:05:32 PM
Sure, maybe even more than one. Be happy anyway. Just garner the love in your heart and never mind the misery. All you wanted was to feel love anyway, so feel the love and forget the rest. (Learn to meditate)
 lady53
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:23:48 PM
I feel your pain........ never goes away
 swtarkiegal68
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:25:07 PM
unfortunately..that says it all for me..i have a few good days when i just dont think much about him and consume myself with work..and then other days when it hits me as if it were the same day that i figured out our whole relationship was a lie for what i thought i had found a man that unbeleivable loved me in ways none other has ever he never really loved me at all i was just another game he had played!
 lady53
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:29:59 PM
it is just a comfort level that they can not leave, and a fear of the unknown I have been going through the same thing for 3 years and it gets harder and harder every day.. I have
never asked for anything but now it is getting to the point where I think I have to make the choice, because I dont have the comfort level that I so deserve and need...
 YouHooItsMeAgain
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:42:48 PM
I think everyone loves someone that they can't have at some point during thier life. If it is a healthy love, you may carry it with you, but at some point you stop seeing it as something you can't have and let yourself appreciate the joy it once brought /does bring to your life as is..... and let yourself accept that as enough and move on.
 IDA55
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 9:21:20 PM
I am in love with someone wonderful I can't have. Yes it really sucks! When we go away we really do have a great time together and I forget all about him being married. He says he loves his wife but she just doesn't want to have the kind of sex that we do. Sometimes I just feel so used. Not sure what to do? Does anyone have any advice for me. I sure could use it right now.

Ida55
 kame
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/26/2006 9:40:48 PM
Well Ida55,I think you already know the advice people are going to give you on here,YOU have no buissness seeing a married man,if he has a problem in the sex department with his wife he needs to work that out with her,not take on a mistress.Or get a divorce, one or the other.
 Inflateablesoulmate
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/27/2006 2:18:14 AM
I'm in love with a crackhead.

there ya happy now?
 vrb1955
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/27/2006 2:25:38 AM
Ever hear of the a little song that goes

"You can't always git what you want???" I believe a group that is older than dust sings it

Listen to the words .

I don't want someone who does not want me .. All of me . Not the part that can just do one thing for them. Might make them feel good you might feel good for a minute or two ..but what about later..If there is nothing behind it what's the point?That hurts more

I may never find that person ...so be it ... I came into this world alone ..I'm going out the same way

Accept the fact ..you can't always git waht you want ...but if you try sometimes you just might find

You git what you need
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > are you in love with someone you can't have?