Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > A date at the Getty...what to wear!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChadinSO
Msg: 1
A date at the Getty...what to wear!?Page 1 of 1    
What's a good outfit for the Getty? Sunday afternoon, second date with her...

A suit? Jeans?? In between??

Thanks!

Chad
 breakBeatGroover
Msg: 2
A date at the Getty...what to wear!?
Posted: 9/2/2006 12:11:20 AM
your 34 dude...

figure it out...

she is going to be dating you , not the fish network..

grow some...

peace
shane
 ChadinSO
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/2/2006 12:15:58 AM
lol.

Well thanks!

I just don't know how people dress there.

Anyway, peace!
 ninti
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/2/2006 9:23:35 AM
It's L.A. dude. You know, the city where some people go to the Opera in shorts and a tshirt. I don't think you have to worry all that much about proper attire. Wear something comfortable but looks nice.
 itzonlyluv
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2006 9:44:36 PM
The Getty Villa or the Getty Museum? Just to browse the collection, or are you going to an event? I would say in general, casual is fine but if you're going to a special event in the evening, dress up a bit more.
 LuvlyTina
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/3/2006 1:37:26 AM
i dont know when your date is but its pretty casual just make sure that you dont show up naked otherwise they may think your a michael angelo replica of the statue of david. i think some nice jeans a crisp shirt and maybe a pair of flip flops would get the girls attention then after theres a sweet italian place in west wood called enzios you should take her there you guys would like it. have fun!!!!!
 ChadinSO
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/4/2006 5:09:28 PM
Date went awesome, thanks for the advice everyone!!

Chad
 Mominatrix
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2006 1:30:11 AM

You know, the city where some people go to the Opera in shorts and a tshirt.

Oh, I am at the opera in LA, at all different times times and nights. I have never seen one person in a T shirt and shorts, even at a matinee.

Business casual for a Sunday at the museum.
 stillanicechick
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/20/2007 12:20:06 PM
I LOVE THE GETTY!!!!!!!!! Awesome place for a date. Glad to hear it went well. I had reservations to the Getty Villa but had to cancel. Maybe I'll go by myself for my birthday next month. Has anyone been to the Getty Villa?
Show ALL Forums  > California  > A date at the Getty...what to wear!?