Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 friendtrue2b
Msg: 1
view profile
History
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVEPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Why do men lie to get a woman to fall in love then when she does fall in love and she finds out the lies the man gets mad and runs off.....why can't you be honest from the beginning?
 urbanfever
Msg: 2
WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE
Posted: 9/12/2006 5:12:28 PM
Maybe some men lie to get a women in bed, but certainly not to fall in love. No one can make someone love them.
 georges_
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/12/2006 5:12:55 PM
Sorry for what happened. All men are not like that. Some people are just a$$holes.

Care to give more details?
 Doc Sage
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/12/2006 5:19:50 PM
The ones who lie are not interested in love, they are only interested in getting her in bed...than they want to run away real quick.

Doc Sage
 bucsgirl
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2006 5:21:46 PM
Because they can?? People lie to get what they want, so unless we are a little more discerning, and make sure their words and actions are the same, we'll keep falling for it. When we fall for it, they keep doing it. Oh and women do it, too BTW.
 canadian female
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2006 5:22:17 PM
Still trying to figure that one out for myself or else I wouldn't be single to this day....now because of past experiences I have built a wall and I am hoping when the RIGHT guy comes along...with time and alittle patience.....he will be worth the wait....I think those type of men who lie from the beginning to get *the girl*are the ones who are into playing head games and are deffinetly NOT marriage material, better to see the real them before you are committed to them for eternity....I think once the challenge is gone for them, they move on.........
 namphuong
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:03:25 PM
sorry to bother you. i'm from a non English speaking country. i'm interested in this topic. However i dont know what "quack like a duck" mean. could you please explain me that? i'd be very grateful.
thank you in advance.
Best wishes
Nam Phuong
 flsoldier
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:05:15 PM
Ok, so this thread is about to be deleted...I just want to add:

Well, nothing relevant or profound. I'm not going to waste that on a headed-for-oblivion thread...

Look mom! I'm on the internet!

Colin

angel_smile
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:07:24 PM
Not all men are dogs...

You can't help who you fall for, you just fall.

... and sometimes you break a bone
 kmhstx
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:10:47 PM
don't think they lie to get women to love them I think they lie to get the women to have sex with them. Lol and I'm sure there are many women that do the same to men.
 syhper
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:17:49 PM
Why do men get women to fall in love? Why do women do the same? For whatever reasons that may be, it's insencere, and completely unwarranted behaviour. Some people are just so into themselves and their own selfishness to even realize how hurtful they can be. Some day, if there is such thing as Karma, they will get what they deserve. Maybe then, they will remember what horrible rotten things they did to others.
 heyitsdoug
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:26:45 PM
I didn't think it was possible for ANY woman to still ponder this question!

They say such things because you have sex with them when they do!
MANY men will lie to you to get you to have sex with them!
{pause for you to gasp in awe and catch your breath}

For crying out loud......spread the word! How could you not know that?

Here's another one for you.......if a man is rushing you into his bed, he'll
be rushing you out his door very soon afterward!

......and another........if someone will cheat WITH you they will cheat ON you.

Maybe I should write a book for the women who REFUSE to "get it".

georges_
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:33:17 PM
heyitsdoug,

And don't forget if the guy says no to sex on the first or second date, he is a loser too!
 Danp_13
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:41:15 PM
Personaly i think my problem with getting girls is i don't lie... and im extremely forward and honest... maybe to forward and honest... sometimes a little clueless For Example :

Gawd i look so fat today - Yea... actually you are a little chunked out, but its all good.
MY hair looks like so awful - Yea, worse then most days.
Gawd i wish i wasn't so alone tonight - Yea me to, brb im going to play some video games.
 wannaloveu
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:48:36 PM
whats the lie, we blieve what we want to believe, ther are always cluse to the story we get hurt when we dont look at the whole pic if its a lie it will chang offten we just have to pay attention, and the truth will reviel its self, before you get hurt.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:57:39 PM
yeah I have gone through that 3 times in a row & its not likely that I trust any man not to lie to me anymore....

I have been through so much to believe what comes out of their mouth... like if u say u have a connection with someone then stick to that.... When u say youre busy & you are here chatting with other ppl be honest that you are chatting with other ppl & they are not interested with u as much to lie about it.

I dont know its hard to imagine what to expect anymore I guess.... just play it by ear & go with the flow.....that is all u can do in order not to get caught up with something more complicated....

I have come to realize that I shouldnt get caught in an emotional roller coaster bec its hard to get over the hurt & disappointment afterwards esp with what I went through 3 strikes you are out rule for me- taking a chance to put my heart on the line is rather a risk for me to take now a days bec i dont know what to expect of anything anymore.

I guess what happen is that I trust men too fast, too soon- that my heart gets squash in the end which is rather disappointing to say the least bec I dont know - dating to me hasnt been easy to say the least bec i have felt tremendously to 3 remarkable men that hurt me & disappointed me for lying about what they were really wanting from me.... I get emotionally torn when i know the connection & chemistry is there to say the least & I cant seem to famine the hurt they have put me through bec now I am topsy turvy to date anyone that is worth dating bec I am afraid to put my heart on the line again....

heyitsdoug
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/12/2006 7:21:03 PM
While we're at it, here's a couple of facts you should already know!

There are more liars out there than honest people.
"Players" contact MANY more women than honest guys do!
&
If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not (true).

oh....and for Danp.......
The answer to EVERY question your gf asks you with the word "fat" in it:

My gosh baby you have no idea how great you look!!

Wolves-Lower
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2006 7:21:17 PM
Why do Peacocks raise their Tail Feathers and then nail the hens with a Quill for a penis?
Answer this and you have the solution to the riddle.
 Count_of_Monte_Crisco
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/12/2006 7:28:10 PM
Wow, this question was developed strickly out of hatred and myopia. Next time, maybe try and put your specs on so you can see clearly how the rain has gone...wait...no...so you can see that you're being used. How redundant is this thread I ask?
 midnightrider05
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/12/2006 7:32:49 PM
Why do women lie to get what they want out of men?? Everybody lies to get what they want.
 marshw
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/12/2006 7:57:00 PM
Guys are pretty dumb in this area. For example, if a guy lets a woman spend the night a lot, she's going to think he's in love with her...whether he is or not. He's not lying, he's letting her spend the night because she's fulfilling a need for him. Before he knows it, she's hooked and wondering why he's pushing her away.
He made mistakes, but did he lie? Not so much. You were both feeling a need and filled that need for each other. Nothing wrong there.
Most guys are wusses and run when things start to get serious. A woman with the right stuff for that guy can overcome. If that isn't you, do you really want to be there anyway?
 stencilpro
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/12/2006 8:09:19 PM
Guys that lie to get sex are just shallow skum bags

Guys that lie in a relationship that they are emotionaly involved in is because women want confident strong men that are always in control and the fact of the matter is we're all just trying to get by the best we can. But if we don't put up this tough front then no women will give us the time of day. Think about it. If your datng a guy and he tells you that he's worried about pleaseing you or worried about his kids or something will you date him again? Or will you shine him on? I don't lie at all. I'm right up front with women about my situation. I tell them I have a good job but all my money goes to my ex and five kids. That i'm warm and loving and dependable but i'm bald chubby and broke. Guess how many give me a chance? Less than half. So i'm sure a lot of guys figure if they can front for long enough for the woman to love them then they can let down the facade and show there real personality.

Just my thoughts
 imthinkin
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/12/2006 8:47:49 PM
MEN dont lie, some guys do, whats up with all the generalizing on here, in these last few posts?

Theres no piont in lying, it eventually gets found out, so I assume the op has been lied tpo and I feel for ya, but that isnt anymore an all GUYS thing than it is an all girls thing.

Being back in the dating scene, ive learned to trust again, and get hurt again, and then trust some more, thats part of the journey, learn from it, then move on and trust again.
 One Step At A Time
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/12/2006 8:57:38 PM
Wow come on .........not all men lie...........do all women lie?...........no!

You had a bad experience and keep that in mind but not every guy will be the dog that you met. There are truly great men out there, you just have to look and look some more.
 Lifestream
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/12/2006 9:44:54 PM
Everyone lies to some extent. Technically even a euphemism is a lie! But it would be a very poor generalization to say ALL guys lie to the same extent that you were lied to.

I'm very interested to see what the context of the lie was. And furthermore, not all guys run away when they get called on a lie or bluff. If they did, none of them would play poker!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > WHY DO MEN LIE TO GET A WOMAN TO FALL IN LOVE