Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men like massages?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 janomikee7875
Msg: 1
Do men like massages?Page 1 of 1    
I dated a guy a while ago and he told me men do not accually like massages but they will never turn one down because massage usually means they are getting some...Is that true>?
 Wizard097
Msg: 2
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 10:41:02 AM
Ok offer me a massage and tell me directly that just because you are massaging me it doesnt mean we will be getting it on....and you know what...Ill say SURE!!
Many men like massages
 CowboyPenner
Msg: 3
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 10:50:22 AM
I'd be happy to let a woman massage me just for the sake of it.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 4
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 10:55:30 AM
I do like massages.

And getting some is on the priority list.

But I just like being touched at all willingly.
 That_Ryan_Guy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 11:17:17 AM
I know I genuinely appreciate a good massage
Especially after work, paintball, running, or something like that.

I think I almost like giving them more then I do recieving though.
 JFlash42
Msg: 6
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 11:29:15 AM
The first part (guys don't like massages) isn't usually true. The second part is.

I'll add that most women don't know how to give more than a shoulder rub, but they call it a massage. That doesn't make it much less enjoyable, though. I'd prefer a real massage (the kind that hurts while it's being done and leaves you feeling like a wet noodle after), but I'll take either.

When a girl asks for a massage, she usually wants a backrub.
 good_eat
Msg: 7
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 11:34:23 AM
I sometimes to pay $60/hour to get massage ONLY.
 gump
Msg: 8
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 11:40:52 AM
errrrrrm... no not really .however if thats the way the woman in your life wants to inishiate (spelt wrong) sex !then hell yeah i'd love a massage!my back is kinda aching a little
 janomikee7875
Msg: 9
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 11:59:12 AM
most women don't know how to give more than a shoulder rub, but they call it a massage. That doesn't make it much less enjoyable, though. I'd prefer a real massage

I ve got magic hands..so I know how to do a real massage
But when this friend told me this I was hsocked to hear that as I can not understand how anyone could not like to get a massage.He said all it is to him is a turn on..and well when I think about it..It may be a bit of the same to me so..I dont know lol
 Armando132
Msg: 10
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:07:54 PM
Yes, yes, and yes! Massages are awesome.
 drrilll
Msg: 11
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 1:31:50 PM
A lot of women who don't do it professionally lack the muscle to be able to give a good one. "Does that feel good?" "Uh, I guess."
 MsCongeniality?
Msg: 12
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 2:17:40 PM
I am a Registered Massage Therapist who has not practised full time since I got my diploma... while in school I massaged what seemed like a trillion people (about 60% female, 40% male) when I mention this while out on a date or out socially it's both males and females who comment about it or jokingly ask for a massage.... Guys do like massages and it's not just for the purpose of "getting some". Although I don't practise full time my family and guy friends often ask me to massage them, my brother, dad, nephew, sister, and mom think nothing of calling me up and asking for a massage when they think they need one. My guy and girl friends will also do the same. I think the guy you dated was way off in left field and being massaged was just not his preference. I have had relationships where my guy loves to be massaged (and didn't get anything after it and frankly could have had it if he wanted to) and relationships where he had no desire to be massaged. Flip a coin!

Ms.
 Jarbarian
Msg: 13
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 2:18:33 PM
No, it's not true of all men, just some.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/18/2006 2:23:07 PM
Personally, I'm a sucker for a good massage.
Have me laying down getting a wonderful workover... and I'm putty in your hands (most of me anyway).
 TabulaRasa
Msg: 15
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 12:05:50 AM
I love massages and have been to a massage therapist or two.... Why wouldn't a man like massages?

Next thread: do men like eating?
 Yahh ROO Giddy Up
Msg: 16
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 12:17:33 AM
this guy who you spoke to is not really switched on is he ?

umm I get a massage once every two weeks -- helps with my gym training -- I am certainly not out to get any from the 45 year old guy that does the sports massages for me

I guess all sporting players etc like footballers dont like massage either
 drrilll
Msg: 17
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 1:15:55 AM

I love massages and have been to a massage therapist or two.... Why wouldn't a man like massages?

Next thread: do men like eating?

Lol, I hate massages. And sports. And don't get me started on beer, ugh, vile stuff.
 tmofedm1
Msg: 18
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 1:27:45 AM
My ex husband loved massages, shoulder/back or legs/feet. As a welder he was often sore after work. I also enjoyed giving him massages because his appreciation was apparent. That being said, it's not necessarily a sexual thing...I have several collegues who appreciate a good shoulder/neck massage as we all work at computers all day and get achy/stiff in those areas. Apparently, working in an office, I'm in the wrong field! I have "strong, european hands"....translate: not small and dainty. I've been told by every collegue I ever gave a shoulder/neck massage to that I could make a LOT more money elsewhere lol. I make decent money where I am, so the thought of that much more is tempting!
 SweetieGuy_81
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 2:52:38 AM
Well, i honestly haven't had a massage, but it would be cool to have one someday and it doesn't mean that if you get a massage, its gonna mean you get some sex.

It think it depends on the woman, if she gets all hot and wet for it, while doing it, its obviously gonna lead to sex, but if its a normal woman that doesn't get all hot and stuff, its gonna be just a normal massage and thats it.

But i would accept a massage, even if you say that will be NO sex after it, it would be cool to see what its like.

This guy probably just said that guys don't like it cause he doesn't want to reveal anything and appear weak, its a guy thing.
 bmorr
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 3:16:26 AM

I dated a guy a while ago and he told me men do not accually like massages but they will never turn one down because massage usually means they are getting some...Is that true>?

The guy you dated awhile ago is full of it. I work construction and somedays when I get home I'm so stiff and sore that if I sit down I can't hardly stand back up again. If I'm lucky enough to get a massage after work I often end up fallling asleep during it. I never turn down a massage and it sure isn't because I think I'm getting some. Although a massage from your partner can be turned sexual that doesn't mean it usually is unless it's purposely made that way.
 janomikee7875
Msg: 21
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 5:40:50 AM
this guy who you spoke to is not really switched on is he ?

umm I get a massage once every two weeks -- helps with my gym training -- I am certainly not out to get any from the 45 year old guy that does the sports massages for me

I guess all sporting players etc like footballers dont like massage either

lol okay okay I get the point I didnt believe it either but thats what he said..I thought it was odd so I asked
 DentedKnight
Msg: 22
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 6:17:14 AM
Nope. They don't like sex very much either.

The guy was a bit of a freak of nature now wasn't he?

Guys love to be touched, same as anyone else. More so actually from an anthropological standpoint. Just ask The Girlfriend. I love it when I'm all tense, and she loves to do it. And usually sex is not on the menu, although it could be. Kinda problematic though, 'cause when she massages me I get all relaxed and sleepy, and when I touch her she goes all wobbly and turns into a human puddle....

But not to worry. The answer is still YES!
 HeavyThumb
Msg: 23
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 6:18:19 AM
Anyone willing to give me a massage definitely rubs me the right way.
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 24
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 7:00:57 AM
He's a moron. Most men enjoy massages.
 Kaffien
Msg: 25
Do men like massages?
Posted: 9/20/2006 8:20:50 AM
I lurve them! ... however some women don't have the touch as some guys dont have 'the touch'

I find that most women are to gentle in massaging.... you have to actually get down the muscle ... it should hurt a bit. Then theres the brutal kind.... sigh you gotta know how much is enough.

It's usually the guy giving the girl a massage that ends up in 'getting some'
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men like massages?