Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone every heard of breasts still growing even after purberty?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NotACityGirl
Msg: 1
Has anyone every heard of breasts still growing even after purberty?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm curious to know of anyone else has this issue.
So here's my story. When I was 26 I had 34C's, two years ago they were 34D, last years I was 34DD and I now have 36DD's. Now in this time I have lost and gained weight but my breasts just seem to keep growing. In that time period I would say that I was my heaviest when I had 34D's. I have lost about 25 pounds since then. It there a point when your breasts will stop growing? I want to have kids one day but I really don't want them to get any larger. I don't have problems with them other then buying bra's that fit me. And please don't think that I am whining. I was perfectly happy when I had 34C's. I just think that is a very odd thing. My friends and I wondered if it was in fact the growth hormornes that they put in milk that has done this to me. I drink about 6-8L a week. Yes I know that's a lot but I love milk.
Does anyone know anything.

I thought about getting a reduction but if they aren't causing problems I don't really see the need for it, plus I can't take that much time off work. Besides not being able to lift things or ride a horse for any length of time is out of the question.
 ShoneStar
Msg: 2
Has anyone every heard of breasts still growing even after purberty?
Posted: 9/23/2006 8:09:32 PM
It has happened to me. I joined the gym last year and im 23 right now. So i went up about a cup size after i began to slim down. It was a surprise to me. I am a bit worried myself if they will continue to grow because large chests run in my family.

I personally believe the reason is because of birth control taken in teen years. I believe working out corrected a hormonal imbalance....your breasts may not even continue growing.

Mine have remained the same exact size since they went up in the spring.

Children may not even interfere with this aspect either. thats just my 00.02 lol
 Chakraloard
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/23/2006 8:26:19 PM
I heard of breasts getting firmer.
 velvetkitten
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/23/2006 11:17:20 PM
mine didnt stop until I turned 20 and i hit purberty at age 9. I'm sooo happy they finaly stopped.
 copacabana
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/24/2006 5:45:03 PM
the fatter i get the bigger my boobs.
 Samurai67
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/25/2006 1:48:24 PM
For about $5,000 they can grow at any age!
 NotACityGirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/25/2006 7:37:27 PM
Very funny^, but I don't want them to get any bigger. Thanks for the imput so far.
 manofoar
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/25/2006 9:35:44 PM
Sure, breasts will continue to grow as you get older. just like your nose, & ears too.
 chinua
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/26/2006 10:24:26 PM
A few years ago....... Loni Anderson said in an interveiw that she had breast reduction twice because hers kept growing.
If you are working out......and building your pectoral muscles..........that could be whats happening.
 bikerbabii
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/27/2006 6:37:45 PM
When you gain weight your breast will grow. If you've gone from 34DD to 36DD you have gained weight but your breasts didn't really grow that much. You have more fat (or muscle?) on your body now than when you were 34D. You say you were heavier then. That doesn't make sense. Your torso measurement was 34 then and your 2 inches wider now.

But in short. Yes our breasts keep changing. I'm a fair bit older than you are and mine are still growing and reducing depending on what I weigh and what it is I weigh (muscles or fat).

chinua....your pectorals are muscle that if worked out will only increase the torso measurement. The breasts are not affected by that. They will appear larger since your pecs will raise them a little.
 NotACityGirl
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/27/2006 7:39:50 PM
The reason that I said that I am now a 36DD is because even though I can fit in a 34 band the cup isn't big enough. It's a bit of a crap shoot with bras. For some reason bra makers seem to think that if you have large boobs that you should also be fat. Makes buying them very difficult. I'm hoping that with working out that they might go down a bit once I lose some more weight. I have decided that once I have reached my goal weight that I will go and talk to the doctor about reduction.
 chinua
Msg: 12
 chinua
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/27/2006 9:44:41 PM
for some reason my post..........didn't post!!!
what i mean to say was........
I'm an ex-bodybuilder; and from what i've seen........if you work upper,,,middle and lower chest- you can look bigger....get more cleavage.
Stacey from 'what not to wear' was on Oprah- she said a lot of women don't wear the right size bra. Some actually wear ones that are too big- shoving more than their actual breast in the bra.
 bikerbabii
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/28/2006 8:10:38 AM
NotACity

If you have upgraded to a 36 because the DD cup on the 34 is too small you're doing yourself a diservice. You simply have to stay with the 34 but get a bigger cup. You should go for 34DDD instead of 34DD.
Get a proper fitting so you know what size you should wear. The Victoria's Secret stores have trained grisl that will gladly do that for you.

I'm a 34F and have problems finding bras. I would think it would be just as hard to find 34DDD. I do think VS have that size though. You can also look at this thread I started a while back about the problems finding bras for people like us.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5274379.aspx

Lots of ideas there.
 NotACityGirl
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/28/2006 10:47:38 AM
Thanks for the tip, unfortunatly there are no VS stored in Canada that I know of. The closest thing that we have is La Senza and they only make up to DD. I guess that if they keep growing I will have to do mail order which is going to cost me an arm and a leg.
 fraises
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 5:16:48 PM
I wish La Senza made larger bra sizes! I wear a 30DD--I've only ever been able to find bras in that size online, and even then, they don't always fit properly. I hate buying them without trying them on, anyways.

It's kind of funny, too...my sister and my mom both wear 32A bras!

But anyways, when I was 18, I wore a 32C, and then gained a bit of weight and went up to a 32D...then lost some, and ended up getting fitted for 30DDs.
 remedy2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2006 4:24:30 PM
yes breast can continue to enlarge some foods such as beans can have an estrogenic effect on the body causing numerous hormonal related growth problems as well as emotional problems. Herbs can do this also. one of my hobbies is herbalism and plenty of information is out there for the people who search. some can cause the breast to shrink slightly. I went from a 36b to a 40ddd and wondered why also besides family genetics. I found the answer (I THINK)
 pinkpouncer
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/25/2006 6:09:10 PM
I know that mine seem to. When I was at my peak weight (180 lbs) I was about a 38 DD. When I lost weight I went down to about a C cup. I have gained a little weight since then,but not nearly to what I was and I am now at an F cup. I personally hate it and would love to be a C-cup..but alas, I don't think that will be the case unless I get a reduction (which I don't want to do at this time as it can affect breast feeding when you have children). I've heard from other friends who have had babies that they can shrink in size after you finish breast feeding (smaller than before you were pregnant that is).
 BamaMan123
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/26/2006 8:49:04 AM
You women should feel blessed to have big boobs! I have learned that not only do women b*tch about most things they also b*tch about good things that happen.
 I like it real....
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2006 1:52:05 PM
u should do what I have had to do for years....

since I was VERY young I had a large chest. Bra makers DO NOT UNDERSTAND
that just because you have large breasts...doesn't mean your torso is large too!

I am a 34/36 DDD F or a G...depending on the cups of the bra maker...but they do do make band widths that small, with that big of a cup....so I take them to the seamstress and get them altered.

It sucks to pay a small fortune for a bra then have to pay to get it altered...but when it fits properly, you'll never go back to wearing some crap bra...just because.
 SexyJody76
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/27/2006 10:35:33 AM
Yeah, my grew a little bit more since high school. I can wear up to a 34C cup bra now. I was a 32B when I graduated high school. But when I was 21 or 22 I was up to a 38B and a 34C sometimes (at the time of the month, usually). Your breasts do change shape with age, prior pregnancy (or pregnancies), or hormones problems and the time of the month (your menstrual cycle).
 Just_JoJo
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 1:25:07 AM
Mine grew!
I was always wearing a 36 C and even after weight loss (not alot mind you) I went up to a 38c.

Maybe it was my breasts getting a lift (ex has complimented that my breasts are perkier! and i did work out) That might be a factor for ladies with a slight boob growth.

Now with such a rapid change in and such a big boob growth in your case OP. I would suggest you go see a doctor, because there maybe a underlying factors to this, such as breast cysts (have you had mammograms done yet?), thyroid or pitiuatary problems
 Buh-Bye!
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:23:12 AM
Sounds like some women could use the help of a professional bra fitter. Many stores offer this and it is worth taking up. Most women wear incorrect bra sizes to start with (most commonly too large torso size (ie 34) and too small cup size).
For example, instead of a 34C, many women should really be wearing a 32D.

Here is a site to help you all fit bras correctly, it has been featured on TV several times:

http://www.myintimacy.com

Good luck!!

It really is worth the time with a professional fitter (they are advertised by dept stores a lot of times), for comfort and proper fit, regardless of your size!!
 Buh-Bye!
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:52:17 AM
jojobeans:

By the info you giive - your breasts did not grow at all! Only your back size, you gained weight, or somehow increased your torse size -through heavy weight lifting? perhaps

But, your breasts were a C before and now a C....that isn't growing. That's staying the same!
 Just_JoJo
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 7:21:03 PM
omg omg omg
i lost weight, but how the hell did i gain my torso size.

I figured imight've goten some back fat, but HOWWWWWW
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone every heard of breasts still growing even after purberty?