Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do women chase men and do men enjoy being pursued      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 delia c
Msg: 1
why do women chase men and do men enjoy being pursuedPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
do women that chase men look sad and desperate and as a man would you feel totally turned off by this..............and i dont mean you enjoy it for a while for sex or an ego boost..........i mean would you enter a longterm relationship with them.............and do girls that chase men get anywhere whats your experience of chasing guys.i personally would never chase.
 memory maker
Msg: 2
why do women chase men and do men enjoy being pursued
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:20:52 PM
If any woman that I'd want to have with me anyway persued me, I would welcome it. If it's not someone I'd want anyway, it will never work regardless of her tenacity.
 867love
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:36:56 PM
the fox chasing the hound -tee hee. its fun to be chased -a bit, (not stalked) and some women have such a subtle way of chasing a man, -that he still thinks hes the one in charge chasing her... -yeah right!
 sharabi_23
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:40:34 PM
Well, I have done it both ways..........Chasing a guy never works. They get scared and run away faster than before. It is better to let them know of the interest and let it go at that Do not call, email or go to their house. If they like you, they will definitely come back when they are ready in their own way. But as women, we think the total oppostie. We think they will not contact us even if they are interested, we get scared. We do not want them to get away. We constantly call, email, stop by....etc....I have even made excuses as to why I am calling, emailing or stopping by.......I have learned that that does not work---- only makes them get further away from you.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:47:07 PM
WOMEN...

CHASE ME....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/4/2006 1:26:36 PM
When should a woman stop the chasing? I mean, we know the men like it.
 GirlNextDoor4U
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/4/2006 1:27:09 PM
I agree sharabi 23. I will show interest and if they are interested after that...they will find me and seek me out.

My question is though...If we show interest and then walk away how do men take that? Do you see it as not being interested, do you see us as not being interested enough to chase and move on. Where is the happy medium?

What do men really want us to do????
 AceJustice
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/4/2006 1:39:07 PM
There is nothing better than a female who knows whats she wants and knows how to get it in a positive way. I am personally attracted to females whom are somewhat aggressive, definately not over aggressive basically in the median, but they pretty much give you the attention and the time to let you know there interested. Its just alot healthier to be open and real about what you like and dont like. I have a hard time sometimes b/c it seems like the majority of the females are so accustomed to men gravitating over them and being utterly persistant. There is nothing wrong with that at all, it just gets old too me and it makes me feel like im the only one putting in the initial work, Anyway, hopefully someone that is compatible will start the chase, lets see how much fun we can have..lol
 AREALANGEL
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/4/2006 1:49:39 PM
I am not one to do any chasing but on some guys..if you don't plan anything..you don't do anything....it's the old..."So what do you want to do? ..I don't know...what do you want to do?..I don't know..what.....................???
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2006 1:58:14 PM
There was another thread on this earlier today, and one a while ago...

I think men like a definite sign that women are interested, and will pursue from that signal.

So...just enough "chasing" or whatever you want to call it that he gets the idea you're digging him. Then you back off and let him choose to follow you or not.

It's too risky for a guy to see no signs at all that it's a green light, and too scary for them to deal with someone coming after them relentlessly.
 SizeMatters
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2006 2:30:30 PM
Ace & oldschoolqueen are right on the money. It takes balence, and a sign. My current steady contacted me, and I love that. She let's me know I'm the kind a guy she likes. She did her share of making herself available and now she has a bf. Of course, it helped that she was 10 years younger than me and totally HOT, but hey. I was contacted by a few on here that didn't tickle my fancy, so really, for it to work you need to be in the ball park with looks compatability. If a woman is contacting she should consider who she will appeal to, that means, generally, same age or older, & same BMI. For me, being contacted by older or overweight women is a little creepy.
 delia c
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/4/2006 3:11:14 PM
i agee with sharabi and msg ten although some bf have called me a spoilt brat because i never ring..which made me laugh..justhank thats funny...really funny.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/4/2006 5:12:21 PM
msg 12,

FUNNY? sneef...I was serious.
 1 Confident Guy
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/4/2006 6:24:49 PM
Meh, women chase me all the time... It's something you learn to deal with. Women that chase men, "can", get somewere if they are physically attractive. Get a man, wasted out of his mind, and you just might get what you want

Ehh... whatever, this thread bores me.
 loneshoreman
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/4/2006 6:46:03 PM
Yup, I love it when a woman shows me that she's interested. Sometimes I'm blind to the vague signals that some women put out, so a direct "hit" is always welcome.

Wouldn't think she's desperate but would actually consider her a strong, confident woman.
 delia c
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/4/2006 8:43:24 PM
it bores me too and i started it...........going to another thread
 PassionateIsland
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:34:48 PM

When should a woman stop the chasing? I mean, we know the men like it.

Normaly you stop when he's caught..
 BCDream
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:40:56 PM
I wish women would chase me. It doesnt happen. And when they dont chase its another way of saying "i am bored with you, into other stuff now kthxbai".
 Offbeat
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2006 12:48:35 AM
Being chased is such an idiotic term for initiating a relationship. No guy has a problem with a girl making the first move, this is the goddamned 21st century, equality baby. Now if by chasing you mean boiling his rabbit, well then that is different, that is stalking.

By all means, make the first move, let us guys do the rejecting for a change! In exchange, we will let you into the military, now isn't that a good trade?

Yahh ROO Giddy Up
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/5/2006 3:09:24 AM
women chase men ? your kidding ?

what reality are you living in or is it I am in the wrong country

never seen or heard of it happening

But i agree with sizematters -- being contacted by cougers is really weird and creepy

and very well said offbeat
 EternalWizard
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/5/2006 4:58:44 AM
Women have and always will, liked to be chased, thats why many sit waiting for you to message them. However l do believe if you feel a connection, send a message, most men would love to hear from you.
 26yearoldguy
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/5/2006 9:25:08 AM
It would be nice if the burden was a little more equalized.

"WOMEN...

CHASE ME....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I work at night so I hope I get hunted and stalked down by a group of women vampires some day. I promise my blood is low in cholesterol and I promise to stop eating garlic as well. Just hunt me dammit. Ill even stop eating sugary foods and eat only fruits and veggies for a week that way you get the healthiest cleanest blood ever.

"My question is though...If we show interest and then walk away how do men take that? Do you see it as not being interested, do you see us as not being interested enough to chase and move on. Where is the happy medium?"

Well im my experience it makes it hard to tell if the woman just wants to be freinds. I value a womans freindship so I don't want to scare them away a lot of the time. So really that just gives the impression that you might only want to be freinds. I think you have to show a bit more interest than that. At least make the guy feel like he won't get blown off if he asks you out. If your interested he should feel like it's okay for him to ask such a question. That way he dosen't think he's just going to scare a freind away or create an awkward situation.
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/5/2006 11:15:26 AM
It depends on how the woman does it. Courting in a playful challenging way is exciting, that's how I do it and enjoy it.
 GirlNextDoor4U
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/5/2006 9:10:42 PM
Do men think we are that fragile that we can't handle the truth. Hell, I much rather a guy tell me "lets be friends" then blow me off completely, that just pisses me off. I love friends and I hope to have many in my lifetime. This is my train of thought...what do other women think about men being straight up. And men...is it really that hard to tell us how you really feel?
 Jarbarian
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/5/2006 10:11:00 PM
Dating is like a dance. One person leads then the other person leads.

When one leads too much it becomes a chase and that's no fun.

Never "chase" someone. Maintain a balance....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do women chase men and do men enjoy being pursued