Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How long should u be with someone before saying 'I Love You'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pink_saffy
Msg: 1
How long should u be with someone before saying 'I Love You'Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I just wanted to know what all u guys/girls think should be the most appropriate amount of time, when dating someone, to tell them that u love them?.. one week.. a month.. 2 months.. 3 etc.. Should it be when u feel it?.. if so do u believe in love at first sight? Would a guy get scared off if they were told by a woman that they loved them after only a few meetings? Should u say it when u feel it.. or save it for a certain amount of time that has passed?
 vin fourstar
Msg: 2
How long should u be with someone before saying 'I Love You'
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:41:33 PM
Say it when you feel it!

I have no problem with a woman saying it to me, but I have sometimes wondered if it has been said too soon. Having said that, if someone feels it, there's no harm in letting the other know about it......the other doesn't have to say that they are in love, too.
 Bye Bye Blackbird
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:43:36 PM
Not until he's said it first!
Say it to them first and they can't help but to head for the hills, no matter what their real feelings are.
Am I jaded and cynical?
 jay kay 73
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:44:25 PM
"i love you after a few meetings" scared off? i`d be terrified lol
i think a few months maybe, its all too easy to get carried away
on the love of my life thing..but i suppose if you feel it say it
 pink_saffy
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:45:32 PM
ok. but does anyone believe in love at first sight also?? forget after a few meetings.. what if u've been chatting for a while also on the net?
 Bye Bye Blackbird
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:49:40 PM
Lust at first sight but not love.

I think that to love someone you need to know all their foibles and annoying little habits and STILL want to be with them.
 jay kay 73
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:51:07 PM
not sure you can "love" someone pink just by looking at them or by chatting either,
yes you can be very very attracted to someone how they look or what you talk about
but "love" is a whole different thing its the person..and finding out who they are away from the screen or end of a phone is what does it for me
 Snaarf
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:52:44 PM
Well you can say that you love someone in a kind of jovial,fun way...........they may say summat that cracks you up or woteva and it can be said.......different tone of voice though,

more like

"i loves ya!........this version can and should be said whenever it is warranted.......

Or then you get the deadly serious staring into the eyes version.....the "i love you"..... which when i have pulled off in the past has usually ended up in both parties rolling around in laughter at the hideous seriousness of the whole fleeting second!

To be fair dont be taking any notice of my opinion pofers....say I love you wheveva the hell you feel like it
 macforty
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:54:40 PM
Dont you "fall" in love ....surely your not in love straight away !! I would be very concerned for a girls mental health if she says she loves me on a first date ! Wouldnt see me for dust !!
 pink_saffy
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:57:56 PM
yeah.. i know what u mean.. i've said to mates, male and female 'oh i love ya'.. and its fine.. but to say it to a guy that u've only been dating a few weeks.. well.. its a different story. but i have said it to mates on the net that i've only known a short time.. its all confusing
 Lexi31
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/18/2006 2:04:28 PM
Never say it!...once you do he owns you
 macforty
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/18/2006 2:07:34 PM
Pink saffy: Nothing confusing babe their either "nuts" or their "needy" !!
 georgiegirl2007
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/18/2006 2:18:10 PM
I've had someone tell me he loves me in the first POF mail. I felt very special.

I've had people tell me they love be without ever meeting me.

I've had someone tell me he loves me after one meeting. Actually I've had a couple of people tell me they love me after one meeting.

I guess I'm just very lovable

There is no right time. It's when it feels right. But don't ever feel pressurised into saying it just because they have told you they love you. And don't feel that you have to wait for them to say it first. Sometimes you have to take a risk and just say what you are feeling.

And I have some people in my life that I know love me but they will never verbalise it.
 redandyellow
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/18/2006 3:28:07 PM
met someone once who completely swept me off my feet.. and i found myself telling them i loved them.. the next day. to his face, so unlike me.. usually quite reserved.

felt a bit of a prat later, but couldnt help it, i meant it.
 littleangel1974
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/18/2006 3:30:47 PM
I wouldn't say it

to friends and family yes

but to a man, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 pink tigger
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/18/2006 3:35:20 PM
I doubt ill ever be in love so ill never say it
 AyatollataPunani
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/18/2006 3:38:19 PM
I usually wait for them to open their mouths just for the proof they have swallowed
 goldensemble
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2006 4:03:49 PM
I'm in love with all humanity and I sing songs daily to anyone and everyone declaring my love for them.
 Marco46
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/18/2006 5:58:56 PM
Just as soon as I am. How long is a piece of string! How much in love would you want me to be before I say it!!!

A friend of mine has been with his woman for 14 years and has two children , and still hasn't told her he loves her!
 xxCAZxx
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:59:33 AM
Mesg 17...I love you..... you crack me up...
 pink_saffy
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:08:25 AM
Marco46.. thats mad!!.. i couldn't imagine going 14 months without the precious words to have been said.. but 14 years!!.. wow.. i'd be off..lol
msg 17.. still pmsl !!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:35:04 AM
I was in love with myself but we fell out and i joined the salvation army.

OT We only live once,if your lucky enough to find someone that likes you
and you feel the same after having been with them for some time tell them
how you feel,who cares if your worried about making yourself look stupid.
If you never say anything you will never know...

Edit Meant to say the Foreign Legion not The Sally Army.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:38:20 AM
^^^^ Preferred the image of the sally army Hams was funnier...

As soon as I have them safely tied up in my secret dungeon that I have hidden under the floorboards in my kitchen ....

*EDIT* ahhh damn ignore that people ...
 37mmids
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:46:34 AM
You shouldn't say it unless you feel an overwhelming urge to just blurt it out. I would if it was on my mind that much that it was stopping me from thinking about anything else. Not sure there is a right "first time" tho, it's just a chance... like life.

flippin tel him...
 willow
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/20/2006 8:27:08 AM
I thought some men tried to get you to say it or show it..
Havent you heard the line " If you loved me you would "
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How long should u be with someone before saying 'I Love You'