Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What does your city need to make it even better?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Clever Handle
Msg: 1
What does your city need to make it even better?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hey y'all,

If you could open anything in your city what would it be? Would you perhaps want more roads completed or paved? Maybe a store that it doesn't have? Would you want more services? What would they be?

I have strong opinions about this stuff...I'm wondering if anyone else does too.
 preferthecountry
Msg: 2
What does your city need to make it even better?
Posted: 10/23/2006 2:27:32 PM
To have a road system capable of handling twice it's current population..I hate traffic.. and some bigger parking stalls
 CCECCE
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/23/2006 2:34:17 PM
i am pretty satisfied with my city, can i order some 80 degree days!....lol
 SOBEIT19
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:48:21 PM
I live in Florida we have three seasons, hot, hotter, and hedoubletoothpics... I live in Spring Hill about thirty five minutes north of TAmpa.. I would like better places to eat, something to do other than drink and bowl.. This area was mostly for retired people, builders started throwing up nice houses that we in Tampa could never have afforded in Tampa! So I vote for more activities for people under the age of sixty
 RedneckHippy
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/23/2006 11:45:03 PM
My city/town needs D-9 Caterpillar bull dozers
to raze it to the ground. Then the need to rebuild
stuff up to an actual code of some kind.
 BeoWulf_Ont
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:19:56 AM
A Beer Fountain.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:20:57 AM
A gourmet chocolate factory that mails out free samples (in large boxes) on a weekly basis to everyone....I can dream cant I?
 Orange Juice Blues
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:40:48 AM
A Hooter's on every corner? No, no, no. A cathouse? Naw.

Hmmmmm.....how about the cure of eminent domain in general concerning our communities? Hey! I like that one! Shit. Gotta go to the Supreme Court for that one. Never mind.

How about voter turnout in local matters? Cool. We don't even have to march on Washington for that to happen . . .
 nipoleon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2006 3:14:46 AM
That's easy, Las Vegas could use about 250,000 more single women, as soon as possible.
 Spelly
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:33:03 AM
Relocating at least 80% of the population and repopulating it with friendlier people who are open minded and less uptight about everything. I'd start with the mayor.
 Brownsugar1313
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:49:35 AM
My city needs new people period......lol

Ok fine since I can't get rid of everyone I will settle for people who don't LITTER!!!!|

Everyone complains about how dirty the city is and all that and they are the same people who will toss their trash right on the sidewalks or right out their car window as opposed to a) looking for a garbage receptable to dispose of it b) hanging on to it until they see one or c) keeping a plastic bag in their cars to hold trash until they have reached the end of their journey.

My city needs people with a conscience and it would be liveable!
 Frau Bl├╝cher
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:59:01 AM
Let's see, what does my city need to make it even better? Hmmmm.

Ahh, yes. Shoes.
 anvilbabe
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/24/2006 8:45:29 AM
What does my city need to make it better? A big bomb! Just level the sucker and start over then we would have jobs and something to look forward towards.

All in favor of a Utopian society rasie their hands....
 chickiebabe
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/24/2006 10:09:50 AM
As a young woman running in this municipal election in my city ( VOTE NOV 13TH PEOPLE ! )

I have several things on my mind ..

If you want to know what they are my profile lists my election website

Most cities have the same needs though ,

jobs
education
infrastructure
debt

mostly generic --

oh and most of all we need A YOUNG , STRONG , FEMALE , INDEPENDANT VOICE ON COUNCIL !!

HAHA ok shameless plug !

HAve a great day in the pond :)

KRis
 EB1
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/24/2006 10:32:30 AM
This town where I live now:

-Better public transportation system
-solving the litter problem
-Ireland in general better public healthcare
-better roads
-to know how to recycle

etc list is endless.
 grungelives
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/24/2006 10:38:43 AM
Well for starters a train station that would lead in town (Boston), institute a sales-tax to keep people from wanting to shop here, remove some of the stores like Wal-Mart and take down most of the trailer parks/ appartment buildings, replace the 6 Dunkin Donut's with Starbucks's, put up an A&J, take down the bowling alley, institute a "clean town inititiative" where we keep pollutant diesel trucks out of Salem and there used only very minimally and the amount in the town at any one time is restricted, privatize some roads to avoid people "shortcutting" across roads so as to lessen traffic in resedential areas. And I'd replace the Wal-Mart with a theater. And have a movie theater to replace Target.
 Nymbus_Zero
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:21:21 PM
I live in Bucyrus,Ohio and yes it is another of them cities made for retired people
what it needs is a concert hall.But...instead we have 7 bars and 9 churches not to mention about 7 pizza places but unfortunatly nothing to do except the Bratwurst festival once a year!
 rainskiss
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:32:16 PM
Thats a loaded question for this city...lol
were to start

Well its zoned horribly

The drainage is horrible

The steets are in need of alot of attention and repair.

We need more cops stopping the drugs and gangs that are starting to take over this militry town.

We need cops getting the prostitues off the street so I don't have to explain to my 6 and 12 year old why there is a half naked drugged up woman walking up and down the middle class suburbs live in. These would be some real good starts.
 Byrd
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:07:24 PM
An enemina or something like that.. Everyone who works for the city, county etc..need to be fired some rehired maybe all the politicans need to take a hike, especally the city council and mayor The police dept. should be required to smoke the weed instead of eating donuts maybe slump down a few brownie's..This is the beginning of ByrdTown.
 polarexpression
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/26/2006 6:32:43 AM
TOO LOOSE THE NICKNAME THE SHWA, LMAO
and people thinking that because your from the shwa, you are the shwa. If you have heard of the shwa then you know what I mean, if you haven't heard of the shwa, your lucky.
 e is for erica
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/6/2006 1:01:25 PM
A place where you can play casual sports and games...air hockey, ping pong, tennis, rock climbing, laser tag, with a karaoke bar inside...I would NEVER leave!!!]

Also, I would LOVE it if we had Chipper Jones.....
 huckfinnsr
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2006 2:28:07 PM
What city? Don't need 'em to build one either.
 Sid Valleyview
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/6/2006 2:34:00 PM
No useles revenue raising traffic police
 Serendipityone
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/6/2006 3:34:17 PM
Every time I pay my taxes I say a few choice words. First thing is lower the property taxes the second thing is bike paths along the main roads. That would be heaven enough for me.
 2cafriend
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:21:57 AM
Get rid of all the graft and corruption. Maybe public executions of politician on the take.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What does your city need to make it even better?