Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do all men in their mid-late twenties who ask 18/19 yos have issues/b      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ms_theology739
Msg: 1
Do all men in their mid-late twenties who ask 18/19 yos have issues/bad intentions?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am just curious,because these are the type of men that show interest in me most of the time, and i am getting a little skeeved out by it, I mean, you are almost thirty, why are you asking a teenager out? It seems a little sad. Is it because the live their lives like teens? (IE live with parents, have min wage job, etc), or the usual take advantage issue?
I hate to come off as so judgemental, but its more a concern than anything.

Do you think any REALLY like a 18/19 yo for the person, and not the age?
(even if some say yes, i still wouldn't,lol)

rcuhljr
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do all men in their mid-late twenties who ask 18/19 yos have issues/bad intentions?
Posted: 10/25/2006 6:48:08 PM
Who knows, I feel weird talking to 18 year olds.

Realistically though, 6-8 years isn't that much of a difference when the younger person is in their mid to late 20's, but before that it's kinda out there.
 ulao
Msg: 3
Do all men in their mid-late twenties who ask 18/19 yos have issues/bad intentions?
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:00:22 PM
I read that wrong, never mind.. Take his advise.
|
|
|
v
 Swiftone
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:00:45 PM

I mean, you are almost thirty, why are you asking a teenager out?

Ah, luv...

... there will come a time when you understand.

... till then, let me give you the answer that you really don't want to hear because you think that men think like you do. We don't....

... and here is the answer:

We, as men, no matter what age, are attracted by you smooth skin, tight breasts, tight butt, beautiful hair, white teeth and your vibrant, innocent, wonderfully unjaded personality.

Of course, that's all the other guys who are 5-10 years older than you.... not guys my age...

ms_theology739
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:26:04 PM
well, i understand that no doubt swiftone, what I AM ASKING, is if there ARE ANY MEN WHO ACTUALLY TRULY LIKE THE PERSON, and not the age difference. Also, not all 18//19 year old are "unjaded" Not to **** and moan but do you know how cynical most teenagers are these days?
Innocent? Please, there are so many girls in middle school as I recall who smoked pot and lost their virginity (also it was a "nice" suburban school)

Secondly, I am not just talking about physical attraction to younger women,I mean, if a guy can't get with a chick his own age, it means he seems pathetic and sad to her, min wage job, lives at home, basically a teen, thats why they go out with teens, who they only CAN look good to.

Anyway what my question is really boiling down to if there is a non attraction/ slash "i cant get women my own age" reason, what is it?
 northernmiss
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:30:36 PM
ALL is a really big word to put in here....

generalizing all men on the few dozen or hundred that have contacted you, is not fair to all men.
 Calibre
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:35:01 PM

well, i understand that no doubt swiftone, what I AM ASKING, is if there ARE ANY MEN WHO ACTUALLY TRULY LIKE THE PERSON, and not the age difference. Also, not all 18//19 year old are "unjaded" Not to **** and moan but do you know how cynical most teenagers are these days?
Innocent? Please, there are so many girls in middle school as I recall who smoked pot and lost their virginity (also it was a "nice" suburban school)

Secondly, I am not just talking about physical attraction to younger women,I mean, if a guy can't get with a chick his own age, it means he seems pathetic and sad to her, min wage job, lives at home, basically a teen, thats why they go out with teens, who they only CAN look good to.

Anyway what my question is really boiling down to if there is a non attraction/ slash "i cant get women my own age" reason, what is it?

Listen, you said it yourself, you're not going to say "yes" to any guy in that age range. So why do you care? Just ignore them and move on, or better yet, adjust your profile to recieve e-mails only from people in a specific age range of your choosing.

Honestly, do you make everything so hard on yourself?
 Swiftone
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 8:24:38 PM

But, again, you have NO idea how a guy thinks and nor, does it seem, that you are trying to understand.

Here is the disclaimer, so I don't get the stupid backlash:

I AM GENERALIZING. I DO NOT SPEAK FOR EVERY MAN ON THE PLANET EARTH. I HAVE NO DOUBT, HOWEVER, THAT I SPEAK FOR MOST MEN NO MATTER WHERE THEY WERE BORN OR RAISED, DESPITE THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS OR THEIR CULTURAL BIAS.

Men, will, invariably, given the choice, choose the youngest, most vivacious female they can afford.

Why would any man, if he can afford a young, furtile woman, choose one who is older who has probably already had children by some other man?

Pathetic in the eyes of a younger woman? When a guy can afford her?

She, if she is hot enough, will choose the man with the most resources her looks will attract.

They each use the other. Who loses?

Here's another disclaimer:

NO, NOT EVERY MAN, NOR IS EVERY WOMAN LIKE THIS. AGAIN, I SPEAK IN GENERALITIES. YES, GENERALITIES. THERE ARE MANY, MANY, MANY EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.

HOWEVER, GENERALLY, IT'S TRUE.

NO, NOT 100%, MAYBE NOT EVEN 90%. BUT, GENERALLY IT'S TRUE.

It's the way we are as humans.

Nos800id
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 8:56:38 PM
I don't like it... The reason I don't like it is because I have younger sisters and cousins right around that age.

I try to tell them the difference in age before 21 is fairlly large and the knowledge gained between 18-21 and 21-26 is a Massive difference. I have friends that only date younger girls because it is easier. Personally I can't put up with the way yall talk about stuff. The way you present yourself in your post is what I'm talking about. If you could read this in 3-4 years you would know what I mean.
 lucidness
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 9:01:28 PM
Well I am 23 , I like 18-19 year old girls mainly because I am not the most mature or most experienced male in the world, Also I am youthful and chances are any girl my age is more mature than me lol. Also it just natural in my opinion for men to like women who are younger. I always have the best intentions in mind ,cant speak for others. Never had/will have a one night stand, cheat or anything like that.
 Ravager
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/25/2006 10:48:25 PM
Well, I am 23...and I do NOT like 18-19 year old girls mainly because of the overall immaturity of most....the conversations alone give me a headache, lol.
 fernandes
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/25/2006 11:16:36 PM
First of all, I find younger women generally go for older guys. And vice versa. I am 28 years old and the last time I went out I had a 44 year old women hit on me. The point I'm trying to make is, girl get use to it.

If you don't like older guys thats fine. Date guys your age or youger, whatever you like.
-Fernandes
 Twofeetremoved
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/25/2006 11:19:32 PM
well, 18 is young, but 19, legal drinking age here in Canada, and so any one you can meet out is fine. guess that's 21 in the US, since they are a bit more of prudes.

personally, the major issue with women in their late-20's and early 30's, those more my age, is that it's damn near impossible to find any that don't have children already. very hard.
so that kinda means you date younger women who don't have children yet and aren't looking to get pregnant because of some ticking internal biological clock (complete bullcrap).
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 11:36:36 PM
Hmmmmm, actually surprised that no one has touched on the fact that part of it may be due to those same guys having a few bad experiences with women in their own age group that had "issues" to deal with from their own failed relationships. We all hate to be generalized, yet our brains are set up to categorized things and people, so after half a dozen dates with ladies still dreaming of setting their exes most prized possesion on fire ...... they could well have generalized and assumed that the pickings are might slim in their own age group?

On an aside, I am well above the OP's ages listed, lol, yet my girlfriend is only 23 ...... This doesn't make me a perv by any means, I have stayed young myself, and have always enjoyed excitement, but when we 1st met she actually had to do alot of convincing to get me to try a relationship with her because I oroginally assumed that we would have too little in common, she wouldn't be sure enough of what she wanted out of life at her age and so on. Happily I was wrong, she is far more mature than most her own age and perhaps I am a little less

I am sure the women here in late 20's to early 30's have their own stories from dating guys just out of relationships aswell. I doubt it is a barrel of fun either way ya slice it.
 masongrl
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/26/2006 12:12:51 AM
Ive always dated older guys and they found it hard to believe I was only 18/19. And ive seen guys who actually do care about the younger girl as aperson. Surely some guys have bad intentions but some guys who just havent found the right girl do go younger. Besides, younger girls arent pushy about getting married and having children so guys who wanna play it safe may go for the younger girls because they arent ready for another serious relationship yet . They see younger girls as someone to have fun with and not as a woman in her late twenties thats not found the right man yet and is desperate to settle down and have children. And if it turns into something serious with the younger girl at some point then it does, but theres no initial pressure, IMO.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2006 12:44:41 AM
Excellent point mason i had completely missed the rush to get settled down and be socially acceptable point. For some that could definately be a point in favour of younger women.
 WakeDan
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/26/2006 1:12:18 AM
i was about to reply, and mason said everything i was going to say.

i dated an 18 year old, and i really liked her. she was very mature in most areas, but damn was she rude to people in the service industry. I hated that. really, really hated it. everything else was fine.

and yah she didn't want kids yet, wasn't looking to get married, and neither was i. it was a good fit at the time.
 tobyjames7
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/26/2006 1:48:42 AM
It may be closed off of me, but I'm 24, knocking on 25, and i woldn't dream of being with an 18/19 year old, i think, despite what many others will say, that there is a huge difference in maturity in the majority, where you are in life, how ready you are to settle, start a fmaily, all that stuff

I think guys that go looking specifically to target ONLY girls that young MAY have some bad intentions, but i can't tar everyone with the same brush, and what you like is just what you like...

I expect that doesnt really help, sorry!
 crzyengr
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:06:56 PM
I agree with tobyjames7.

From my experience, any girl I dated under the age of 25 was not ready for a relationship and if they were, they were clingy as all hell and had no concept of what the real world was truly like since they still lived with mommy and daddy and went to college and didn't have to find a job since they had no bills to pay since daddy bought her everything that she wanted!! Sorry, remembering a bad experience!!

A few quick reasons why I won't date someone that is 18/19:
- Can't go anyplace that cards you and/or serves alcohol and requires you to be 21.
- I feel like a pervert to anyone I know.
- Some degree of maturity yet to be obtained.
- Most likely they will leave me once they go to their first college party!!
- It just seems wrong!!

Just my two cents but hey, different strokes for different folks!!
 howdwegethere
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:15:48 PM
Of course they aren't. Some will just be after sex, some will read your profile and think wow, I really like this girl.

That wont change no matter what age they, or you, are
 Sh0t
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:57:03 PM
I have bad intentions with women of every age group.

Younger girls have one major advantage and one major disadvantage:

The advantage: dramatically less baggage and are usually happier for it.

The disadvantage:
 Sid Valleyview
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:44:23 AM
Are you kidding? A 19 year old would be the holy grail! Well now that I'm 34, I'll settle for a 24 yo...lol

If there is an actual person in there, with something intelligent to say...then great!

If there is an immature sex crazed nymphomaniac in there...then I can't deny that would also be great!
 smith2267
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:10:34 AM
Define "bad intentions".
Do they want sex? Yes of course, generally speaking, men want sex from the women they date at some point. Is that bad? I don't think so. You're an adult now.

There could be any number of reasons a guy pushing thirty would ask you out. Perhaps he is immature for his age, perhaps you are extra mature for your age, maybe he really likes you and you just happened to be born later than he was.
OTOH, I suppose a few might just be into 18 year olds, and will get tired of you in a few years.

Often these relationships don't work, because 18 year olds are still rapidly changing, and you might be a very different person in a few years.

I really don't understand the mindset that there is something perverse or evil about couples with an age difference--but it seems to be deeply ingrained in our culture.

PS, as to your comment about such guys not being able to get women their own age, because of a minimum wage job or something, it sounds like a guy with a minimum wage job couldn't get you, either. That's your choice, if money is high on your list of requirements for a mate, so be it. But I don't think there is any shortage of girls in their late 20's who don't put a high value on money in a partner. In other words, I think you are barking up the wrong tree there.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/30/2006 1:56:16 PM
My most favorite girlfriend was also the youngest. The nicest one ever.

However, for the most part, expect annoying immature behavior.

They still look great though. And women like to think they shouldn't be objectified. But for many of us men, we need a little objectification. At least a percentage. Objects are good, it's just not "correct" to say.
 genuine_me77
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/31/2006 8:57:58 AM
I agree with your reasons. Either it's just for sex, or because they're in the same emotional/mental state that most 18 year old women are in. I'm 29, and I have trouble convincing myself that it's okay to reply to someone here who is 24, because I see too many immature 24/25 year old men and women in this city! Someone who's 19? No way! Can't even take her out to all the places I love to go (some of them, sure, but not all of them) because she can't get in without a fake ID.

-B.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do all men in their mid-late twenties who ask 18/19 yos have issues/bad intentions?