Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The Pathological Liars Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shininglight
Msg: 1
The Pathological Liars ThreadPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I just ran into one of these men. Who NEVER told me about his first marriage...and then LIED and told me she died of a terminal illness four months after they were married...and yet had to get a divorce from her? I swear, it's enough to make me give up on the entire male population, as sick as I am of this type of behavior.
 chase475
Msg: 2
The Pathological Liars Thread
Posted: 10/27/2006 4:40:13 PM
at least you don't have a broken heart over it so it can't be that bad but the majority of males do deceive, you just have to accept that.
 Lloyd_Hot_Shot
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2006 4:45:58 PM
they come in both genders folks
 minkdumink
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/27/2006 5:06:56 PM
Oh! this is about love? I thought it was about Bush,Cheney,Rice and Rumsfeld.The four horsemen of the apocalypse.
 C_Stone
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/27/2006 5:21:08 PM
You BELIEVED he had to divorce his dead wife????????? You, my dear, are a target for men like that!
 BLACKACES
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/27/2006 5:55:40 PM
don't give up on us guy's we're go at everything women don't wanna do!
 TXMN
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/27/2006 7:57:30 PM
"the majority of males do deceive" What planet are you on chase475?? Are you a soap opera junkie or something!!!!

Some men and some woman are decietful. What's new?

justme1202
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/27/2006 8:19:34 PM
OH MY GOOD LORD. how do these threads make it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? woman like this make real woman look like idiots,
 khrockproducer
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:54:00 AM
Hello Ladies,

I'f you have met a patholigical liar in the Los Angeles general area ....ON POF....email me.
Any guy putting you off, strange stories, alibies, etc.....please email me about this privately. Sharing info privately to heal and protect each other...Thanks. Kim
 snowwhite36
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/28/2006 9:32:19 AM
WELL IT IS TRUE MEN DO LIE AND SO DO WOMAN BUT LIEING ABOUT SOMEONES DEATH IS JUST WRONG.DONT GIVE UP THERE ARE MANY GOOD MEN TO BE FOUND .
 justme1202
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/28/2006 10:00:01 AM
^^^^stop writing all ur posts in CAPS.
 packleader
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/28/2006 2:40:20 PM
Are hats better tha caps?
 chase475
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/28/2006 2:54:36 PM
No I don't agree with you TXM. Your generalization is probably the reason that most males do deceive because it's in their best interest to do so. I find females usually are more sensitive and passionate than males which also makes them more virtuous. It's definetely lopsided, more males are deceitful.
 linniz
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/28/2006 2:55:43 PM
Met someone on here...seemed nice until after a few weeks when the truth started coming out... criminal record, driving with no licence with a pending DUI, evading paying his taxes, smokes pot everyday....and the list went on. The guy thinks he's laid back and everyone else is the problem...Let me tell ya. this guy has major hang ups and anger issues, 2 assault charges because someone was checking out previous girlfreinds. To read his profile you'd think this guy sounds great....
 chase475
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/28/2006 3:14:25 PM
He probably got someone else to write it for him linniz. A lot of guys do that because they don't have the courage to use their own words.
 TropicalNights
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 3:28:11 PM
Ive met pathological Liars.
hm, They tell you they are Hockey players or something like the FBI or the Officials of some kind of Military or some kind of, Secret Agent,,,, etc, Just to get your attention. Their wives died or their kids are Dying!!! or they have some other story to tell you so you dont bother them online but,,,,,,,,,,,,, hehehe They are STILL ONLINE when they are Supposed to be in the ER w their loved ones Somehow those loved ones are still in another super car crash etc, the next day n the next week you hear the same lame story told over n over n over, n its always the same story, different variations , same ol story gimme a break,,,,,,,,,

Of course they are ALL Pilots, firefighters, police force, Security, Customs whatever, but most of them are just BS********** as you can all figure,,,,
I was younger then n more Naive, but no longer, n guess what,,,, none of them ever Materialised,,, No matter What they Said,,,,,,, it was all BS.
Then we have the regualar guys "looking for a long term" ahem,
Long term, what? Long term F***friend??? Oh but no he dodth -protest,,,,, im looking for long term, ( but he doesnt tell you : " yeah but not w YOU!!!!!!!) duh
OR more adequately, they are not honest enough or cannot get anyone on the single swinging bunch, or they cant get anyone to be honest enough w them cos theyre not Honest w who they meet,,,, or theyre just messed in the head,,,,,, Either way its just Poison,,,,, get rid of the poison, then you can heal yourself! So Be the Will Of the Higher Power!
My 2 cents is Follow your Inner Power! no more no less, No one can change you nor can you change for no one,,,,, do not allow it. Be Your Self, and be true to Your Self. No more no less,, the rest is BS
 TropicalNights
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 3:35:34 PM
look at whitney houston n bobby brown story,,,,, gimme a break,,,, how could she be so, Cluless?????? cos he was LYING!!!! jez
Classic holywod story, she believed that LOVE would Cure All,,, yeah, Im going to start gambling, LOLOLOL
 Hobbes348
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/28/2006 3:56:52 PM
so.............. you Harvard or Yale?
 prettypicky
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/28/2006 3:59:52 PM
Hockey players or something like the FBI or the Officials of some kind of Military or some kind of, Secret Agent,,,, etc, Just to get your attention.

Almond Eyes, yes this is true! But ironically, a larger percentage of men who are truthfully in the professions, (and yes politicians and actors too), can also show narcissistic behaviours when it comes to their relationships with women. I'm too lazy to pull the supporting evidence off google right now, but you can look it up yourself.

I'm not saying that all men are in these professions fall into this category, but a larger number do.

I've actually had a guy lead me to believe that he was in finance, and then when I was on the date with him, decided he would share his "super-secret" profession with me. He was in the military. That did it for me.

I also dated someone who was an ex-cop and chose to get out of it and further his education. I did not write him off because he was an ex-cop, but guess what--eventually his narcissistic behaviours started to come out.

Now, I will not date ex-police or ex-military either. I'm not saying all of them are like this, I'm just not willing to take the chance again--it's not worth it. I should say that I have two cops in my family--one is a "good" cop and the other a "bad cop"--so I'm not generalizing, just stating what's right for me.

PS: And wouldn't you know it? I happen to live in a Navy town....urgh. And in hindsight, I maybe should not have even posted this--I've now opened myself to having a bunch of guys with guns wanting to give me the what-for...
 TXMN
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/28/2006 4:29:32 PM
"I find females usually are more sensitive and passionate than males which also makes them more virtuous."

"the reason that most males do deceive because it's in their best interest to do so."

What are you trying to do decieve the OP cause she seems vulnerable? Come on!!!

Do you really think that people can't see through that line of B.S. Chase475????

You just told on yourself!!!!!! LOL

Funny that you posted this in a pathological liars thread!!!!!!

"I tell the truth, even when I lie"
Tony Montana

kevinwm
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 4:37:24 PM
Yes - I've had the same sort of experience, but with a woman who was a pathological liar. They do come in both sexes (in fact, there've been some psychological study that shows women are more commonly pathological liars, and men are more commonly pathological abusers - sociopaths).
 ny_lady_13601
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/28/2006 5:58:58 PM
Accept that the majority of males deceive???? Why should women have to accept that? Would you accept being lied to and hurt? I don't think so! There is no excuse for lying other than just being a coward with no backbone. That goes for men and women who lie knowingly they are deceiving and hurting the other person. How cruel. I met a man recently that I thought was my soul mate and last hope of finding a good and decent man. He told me he was divorced and how he was looking for his true soul mate and we had so much in common. Since we lived about over an hour apart and with our jobs we could only get together about once a week, but we spent a lot of time on the phone talking as well. After awhile things started to come up that wasn't making sense to me, and with good reason. He wasn't divorced.....he wasn't separated....he was still very much married. I was crushed. He knew how badly I had been hurt in the past by men's selfishness and lies and yet he continued to lie to me and was knowingly hurting me. How do men do this to women and still sleep and go through life like they did no wrong. I just don't get it. In all reality I should just give up on men altogether. It sure does make it awfully tough to trust when you've been lied so much.
 justme1202
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:00:37 PM
i agree and to the guy that says they dont come in both sexes are you that jaded.
 chase475
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:00:41 PM
Please refrain from insults.
 allunil
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:21:14 PM
to be honest it takes a whole life time,and to lie it just takes one second................
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The Pathological Liars Thread