Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why does he always touch me there? (Not what you think)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 masongrl
Msg: 1
Why does he always touch me there? (Not what you think)Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So, a guy that i worked with had this thing where he's always touching my elbows or his elbows are always touching me. I thought it was normal touching at first but now it just catches me off guard. I really really like him, and my stomach jumps or my heart leaps when I see him or even more so when he touches me. But if i was standing somewhere at work with my arms crossed he'd walk straight up to me and rubs both of my elbows and ask me a question or something. Or if im doing something...he has a serious look on his face and then will rub my elbow and say "put some elbow grease into it..." and then wink and walk away. He and I were never touchy feely with anyone at work but each other. But he loves to touch me in innocent and accidental little ways and I like it. How could I reciprocate without going over the top and being inappropriate I guess I was wondering? And why in the heck is he touching my elbows for god sake, they're sensitive dangit, or is he just imagining its my chest instead.... And we no longer work together if that helps
 konbread
Msg: 2
Why does he always touch me there? (Not what you think)
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:32:36 AM
He is doing something that sets him apart from every other guy you come in contact with! This suttle and non offensive touching lets you know he's intrested but he's also getting your attraction for him going!!! I other words.......he's making u feel attraction for him and getting u wrapped around his finger going head over heels, that is if he really knows what he is doing! Get the book double your dating and read it! It will help you understand! Good luck!!
 Mysterious girl
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:46:43 AM
I agree with Konbread with him being interested in you. I have dated at the work place but you know how people like to gossip/talk.. He doesn't perhaps anyone else for you to know. I think that is a good thing. Once other people get involved it makes it tougher to keep hush, hush! Good luck..enjoy it!
 Shangrilah
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:55:00 AM
Could be he doesn't know your ass from your elbow
 masongrl
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:59:50 AM
No really this is a serious question. Maybe not the fact that its my elbow. I just dont know how to handle him touching me. Id like to show him interest back but i dont want it to come across as inappropriate to others considering I only see him when he comes to visit his old managers...and its just kind of awkward for me to go up and start making my move. Id ask him out but i dont ever see him unless he's passing though occasionaly and even then i dont get to talk to him so i dont know what to do.
 Shangrilah
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:11:07 AM
Not to worry

Just sit back and let him make his move if he wants to start seeing you socially
 masongrl
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:16:29 AM
he's really shy when it comes to asking a girl out, so ive heard...because if i did that... i guarantee you that we'd never get together. lol.He needs more help than me sometimes...
 coniferdude
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:18:30 AM
Show him a little cleavage. Maybe his anatomical preference will change.
 yankeebackinthe north
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:21:30 AM
Can you get his address and send him a note or email. It would be easy to break the ice in a note to him. And show up at the coffee shop with elbow pads on and see what he does next. And pleeease keep us updated. This is fascinating.
 mimosa
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:25:16 AM
Some men do really know what they're doing and they like the game and the effect it has on women.

He has most probably already seen the interest you have in him, that's the whole point. I would let him make the next move. If he's playing let him decide the outcome.

Just subtly do the same thing he's doing, by wanting to make a move you're breaking the seduction game. And also it preserves your dignity in case it really is only just a game.
 coniferdude
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:27:39 AM
I still think a little cleavage would do the trick !
 masongrl
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:34:12 AM
lol...he's touches me anywhere he can usually. Once he "accidently" grabbed my boob shortly after i had first met him...and occasionally we'll collide into each other (my friends call it a** bumping) Whether its an arm around the shoulder or if its a hug or just something to lean on...im his target. Its just nice to actually know that im the only one he does it with...trust me i watch him closely just to make sure he's not a perv or anything.
 mimosa
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:37:21 AM
Subtle cleavage, yes definitely.... and don't forget the legs again subtly, combined with a shy look. No bold moves.
 coniferdude
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:47:21 AM
How do you "accidently: grab a boob ?
 masongrl
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:00:30 AM
lol...it happened, i think. I was holding stuff in my arms one day and I asked him where they went and he was grabbing stuff saying where each thing went and the peanuts (ironically enough) were between my boob and my arm and he went to grab the bag and was really grabbing the boob instead. And my face just went blank...and he started to turn bright red and he says "omg i think i just grabbed your boob...im so sorry" and i started laughing and i was like dont worry about it and he just got even more red and said "i swear i didnt mean to" then of course i turned red. It was rather embarassing for both of us. Accident? Maybe...Innocent? Probably not entirely but his reaction was so cute and i will never forget it. And im sure he's the only man to really cop a feel like that at work and get away with it.
 Mysterious girl
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:04:02 AM
I like that one..oops, hand slipped!
 tanner
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:11:33 AM
i actually have a thing for elbows....so i wouldn't mind the touching, as long as i can touch his too.....
 dannyr0697
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:22:39 AM
Palm a small note telling him to please call you, along with, of course, your phone #.Next time he comes in for a visit. Casually walk up to him and shake his hand, when you shake his hand and say hi, how are you doing? touch his elbow with your other hand, smile, maybe wink, then release the note into the shook hand. That should make your intentions clear to Mr. Shy. If he is ever going to call you, he will, probably as soon as possible. Good Luck!!!
 coniferdude
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:29:27 AM
Palm a small note telling him to please call you, along with, of course, your phone #.Next time he comes in for a visit. Casually walk up to him and shake his hand, when you shake his hand and say hi, how are you doing? touch his elbow with your other hand, smile, maybe wink, then release the note into the shook hand. That should make your intentions clear to Mr. Shy. If he is ever going to call you, he will, probably as soon as possible. Good Luck!!!

And don't forget the cleavage !
 dannyr0697
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:39:09 AM
Remember,(maybe this is a guy thing) failure to launch is a common thing with shy men. If you don't do something to show your interest "clearly", he may never get his nerve (nuts) up. It sounds like you care, but if you don't care, don't worry about it and be guilty of "failure to launch" yourself.
 masongrl
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:43:44 AM
How can i do it without actually coming out and saying it though...im not bold enough to give him a note anything but stating the obvious to "preserve my dignity" just in case it goes sour. I think this might be the case where neither of us will ever say anything but will end up going our seperate ways unless someone does. I hate not knowing but i hate knowing what couldve been too...aghhh!
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:48:30 AM
touch his ankles..
...then youd have a leg up on him...
 dannyr0697
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:50:17 AM
If it sounds like you were wrong when/if he calls. Just say that you were interested (as a friend) in how his life was going, since he went to work somewhere else. Or how is his new job? Or that you were too busy when he came by to visit work to talk then. Come on, I'm not a cowboy, but they do have a useful saying " Cowboy Up ".
 coniferdude
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/2/2006 12:56:43 PM
When you do show yor cleavage, brush up against him slightly so he will want some more.

masongrl
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:44:26 AM
Actually, i have shown the cleavage. He didnt use to look, but now I catch him and he knows that its pretty obvious that he's looking. But he always does that thing where he rolls his head away like he so wasnt trying really hard to look at my chest and pretends like he was really just scanning the area around me. Im sure he's looked many times before, ive just never caught him until recently.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why does he always touch me there? (Not what you think)