Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can men fall in love after a couple weeks???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tarahellgirl
Msg: 1
can men fall in love after a couple weeks???Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
just met this amazing guy through this site only know him a couple of weeks but the chemisty is fantastic... told me last nigth that he has not felt like this for anyone in years..... i know he is mad about me......... do guys fall faster in love than woman?? now listen guys am not some kind of idiot who falls for any type man!!!!!!! been around the block lot of times.... this has happened like i been hit by a tornado
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 2
can men fall in love after a couple weeks???
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:07:42 AM
do do do do ....another one bites the dust....and another one gone....
Be careful, be very very careful.

tarahellgirl
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:19:21 AM
i know where your coming from....hes very honest i dont atract weirdos... am to smart for that.... he is european and they tent to speak there minds unlike irish men...now if he was irish i would run a mile i know the feeling are true ...everytime we go out i catch him looking at me thats says i really like this girl
 mom2amunchkin2003
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:24:43 AM
I am not sure if they can fall in love in a couple of weeks. My ex fiancee told me he loved me and then a couple weeks later he proposed. I said yes thinking we would have a long engagement and b/c my feelings for him were very strong and I was starting to fall for him. Well two weeks after we got engaged.. He kept pushing marriage. I being divorced once told him I wanted to wait a bit. A week later he calls me telling me his ex g/f (best friend) from another state showed up on his parents doorstep. Mind you they only have a one bedroom so this girl and him share a bed. I asked him where that left us and he said i dunno i love you but I still have feelings for her. He tells me that he never officially broke up with me but the fact that him and this woman share a bed well I thought that was a given to our relationship being over.
So best advice I can give... .BE CAREFUL!!!
Thank god I didnt marry him b/c i would be filing for divorce number 2.
 ya472
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:36:19 AM

now listen guys am not some kind of idiot who falls for any type man!!!!!!! been around the block lot of times....

SELF-EXPLANATORY !

Celestial_Spirit
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:39:02 AM
Well IMO I think HE thinks and feels he is in love. He is in love with the person you are and the qualities you have shown. It is quite possible, yes, that he is in love with you. Just go with how you feel, what makes you happy. Chemistry is always good but there is more to a peson then just chemistry. Who they are, likes, dislikes, moods, a persons views on different things, their values etc. Just take your time to continue getting to know this man and he you.
I wish you and your new man all the best and that it goes the way you wish it to. CS
 tarahellgirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:50:28 AM
your very funny i have been married , lived with a few guys,but its always me who falls out of love.... for reaons i did not feel happy with this person.....am a very strong woman have had a lot a shit dealt to me over my life...... but i have been single for two years out of choice.. i am hardly going to marry a this guy after a few weeks!!that is just plane stupid!!!!!!! i just know that the feeling are rigth and it feels right.......he has not said he is love with me just that he is mad about me not all men are a***holes!!! sure there are plenty of idiots who belive in love after a few days i am not one of them... he not looking for anything from me hes got hes own life,just so happens we met ands its like we are both surprised at this as
 Epiphany27
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:52:04 AM
In my opinion, love is something that develops over time. I don't believe in love at first sight. Love is something that comes during the trials and tribulations during a relationship. In the beginning the emotions are based more on a lust and a natural chemistry between two people. I guess you can fall into like or fall into lust with someone within a couple of weeks. As for love, that only comes in time.
 Agent86
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:52:42 AM
I don't think a person can fall in love in two weeks. I think there can be infatuation, lust, total chemistry, but deep, meaningful love takes longer to develop.
 ya472
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:58:48 AM
There are two extremes:

Fall in love immediately; Means someone is NOW willing to accept you at face value. However, then they make a check-list of your 'deficiencies', until they no longer can tolerate any type of relationship with you.

Fall in love after a period of years: This type of person is watching you and making a list of qualities they find admirable. Of course, they are NOT likely to end up in a relationship with you, since they waited too long and now you are involved and married to someone else.

I also have friends whom I admire and would enjoy living with, however I JUST CAN NOT imagine being nekkid and sexual with them !

Relationships are difficult and complex. There are NO ANSWERS.

Sometimes you do have to "go around the block' many times, but don't WHINE about it ! Enjoy it.

tarahellgirl
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/9/2006 8:02:32 AM
thats what i think...... its not a lust thing we are just getting to know each other....its like we know each other ages and i just wonder can feeling happen fast with men..he has been very open with me,as i tend to be a closed book
 athletic2222
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/9/2006 8:06:14 AM
Yes people can fall in love fast. But it's more likely to last if it happens over time. Since over time they may discover things that they love or don't love so much.

Go with it and see what happens. You might get lucky. A friend in mine was engaged to be married after 3 months of knowing someone. 5 years later still happily married.
 Da Hitman
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/9/2006 8:16:33 AM
Well I fell in love just looking at your picture!

So why is Ireland the richest country in the world? I bet it has something to do with you...

Seriously though, yeah it can happen. But in my experience it never works out when it does... could always be a first time though...

Good luck!
 bayou_sweet
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 8:26:16 AM
Would have to say I go with Agent86 on this one. Personal observation over the years...That quick to fall in love... just as quick to fall out of love. Problem seems to be too many people toss around the "L" word too easily because it satisfies their impulsiveness. Take the time to realllllllly know somebody.
 bluelilly
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/9/2006 8:30:00 AM
My experience: Men don't fall in love. They just make YOU fall in love.

Da Hitman, you are seriously losing your touch. Since when did Ireland become the richest country in the world? Jeez!

Luxembourg is the richest country in the world not Ireland. Ireland is like 4th and how on earth is USA the second? Should not it be one of those middle-east countries?! Jeez!! Alright....off topic, I guess.

As far as the OP is concerned, be careful of all those online morons, they just like screwing up with your head. Never fall in love with anyone unless you've met them in real life or know them for a certain fixed period of time. Goodluck.
 The Navigator
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/9/2006 8:31:16 AM
I KNOW it is possible...it happened to me.

However, I wouldn't recommend it. Because I fell in love so hard and so fast, I ignored and/or downplayed some major red flags that indicated that the girl would be trouble.

Sure enough, she turned out to be a liar/cheater/hypocrite/all-around head case.

The next time I feel that 'instant chemistry' with someone...well, I won't fight it per se. But I will definitely be more cautious and maybe apply the brakes if things seem like they are going really fast.
 Da Hitman
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/9/2006 8:36:35 AM

Since when did Ireland become the richest country in the world?

Bluelilly... Because the Capitol is Always Dublin'...

Indigo Rose
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/9/2006 10:09:22 AM
pa dum pum!

yep they fall in lust in a few weeks
 SoTexMan
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/9/2006 10:17:21 AM
Hey, all:

Yes, they can. Does anyone not know this? Is there a forum for silly, naive, unperceptive questions? Duh--"Do Women Flirt to Make Men Fall in Love With Them?"

David

Messages done with sustainable energy, with Wind and Sun!
 strangebloom
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/9/2006 10:19:58 AM
It happens. When you have a lot of chemistry is very possible.
 Blues_Player
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/9/2006 10:25:33 AM
It has been said that "Love Comes as Birth does..knowing it's own time." Men can fall in love at first sight just like a woman can. That sight is not with the physical across a crowded room but rather an insight upon gazing into anothers eyes and glimpsing the possibilities of what can be. There is a difference between this love at first sight and just great chemistry, charisma, or being swept off ones feet. A few weeks will tell the difference. In the meantime why not enjoy the discovery phase, but hold a part of your heart in check until you see if it's going to be real and enduring.
 christie325
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 10:31:20 AM
Its possible but not likely, could it be that he is just in love with the thought of you?

However my (now) ex-husband proposed to me within 6 weeks of our first date and we got married within four months and....... it lasted for 31 years.....so I guess you are still back to square one.

Yes? No? Maybe? Who Knows?

Chris
 AhmNee
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/9/2006 10:58:24 AM
I agree with some of the other posters here but I will try to expound on what they have been trying to relate. A whirlwind romance can happen certainly. There are some caveats to consider when you're being swept up in the storm, however, because what you don't want to find when the dust settles is you're tied to some needy wuss that drains your life and energy.

He may be fantastic but is he his own person? He wants to be with you but does he have his own life, his own friends and his own interests that are outside of your relationship?

I'm sure that it's great to be told that he 'needs you' as long as he doesn't NEED you. As long as he needs you because you add flavor to his life, not that he can't function without your support.

I don't know what your tornado has been like, but if you've done nothing but spend every available moment together ... where are his friends? How much of a life does he have if he's been able to drop it all to be with you? If he's not always available, that's a good thing. Trust me.

An unfortunate side effect of being human is that you don't want something nearly as badly once you have it. It's a primal thing. Being slightly unavailable helps keep that sense of the 'hunt' alive. And how can you miss him if he won't go away?

That being said, if he is a complete person even when you're apart. Then you have a real shot that this is that elusive thing called love. And how romantic is that? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ... unless I'm typing, that would just be silly.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 11:16:12 AM
OP, it does happen immediate with man or woman, the details are worked out afterwards. We are visual creatures but with age comes wisdom. If it isn't there at first sight, I just can't get on with the details. No wonder I am still on POF. lol
 rocket_surgeon
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/9/2006 11:29:46 AM
I say no, guys get into the whole lust..he may believe it 100%...but, I say wait it out and play it slow if it the Love card you want to play
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can men fall in love after a couple weeks???