Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > POF "mobile login" (cell phone web)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 incognyto
Msg: 1
view profile
History
POF "mobile login" (cell phone web)Page 1 of 1    
hello everyone, unfortunatly this is my first post ... with a problem :) reguardless I have a motorola v360 basically a more robust version of the RAZR ( I killed 3 of them in 2 months ) but the problem is that I can get to the mobile login but after I punch in my name and password it say's "404 page cannot be displayed" which suck's it would be kill if I could piss round on here in the middle of the day :) ... any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance -incog
 laughingbeagles
Msg: 2
POF mobile login (cell phone web)
Posted: 6/5/2008 12:38:26 PM
I too am having trouble logging in , I get the mobile log in page but The word bigfish come up as user and no matter what I do I can not log in . Can anyone help with this problem?
 Padawan61
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:22:49 PM
Don't know what this "404 page cannot be displayed" message means, but I logged into POF from my mobile (twice today) and read my emails ... no problemo.

Must be your service provider.

I too am having trouble logging in , I get the mobile log in page but The word bigfish come up as user

Just replace "Big Fish" with your username.
 dark_angel66
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 7:47:24 PM
I use to be able to login in with me cell now its like when the site changes it look some when I login in now its not showing for cell phones and I cant read any messages it show up like i am on a computer why is this I didnt have any trouble till they changed there look
 mcbiker45
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/16/2010 3:04:52 AM
I would like to know how to log in on my phone for the POF mobile site. I've tried varoius ways and nothing ever comes up. What is the POF mobile address?
 subtlecaffeine
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 2:13:48 PM
A few notes on the POF Mobile Web.

POF's Mobile site is delivered to your phone IF the server detects that you're on a phone. There's no special address or code you punch in, if the server recgonizes your phone's browser, then it will hand you the mobile site.

There are NUMEROUS reasons it won't work.

The first would be your provider. Mobile web is not a direct internet connection that we're used to at home. All the content travels through your cell phone providers gateways before it goes out or comes in. Not all providers can get these gateways to work right, so often times the gateways lose information you might be trying to pass along, like login. Another problem is that sometimes providers modify the UserAgent string sent to the serrvers, so the webserver you're requesting doesn't have any idea what kind of browser you're really on.

Failed logins are as hard to diagnose. It could be a hiccup in the phone...the provider losing the credentials...not passing the right credentials...or in some cases just plain ignoring them. There's no real explanation as to why this is and most providers will tell you it's not their fault.

When it comes to mobile web, it seems to be 90% luck and 10% tech these days. Each provider has a different way of giving you a "walled garden" called mobile web..and to make it even more complex...sometimes the way they provide the information varies from device to device.

My cell phone..which is an LG Rumor2 on Virgin Mobile USA Prepaid, basically has two browsers. It has the WAP standard browser that goes through Virgin's gateways. If I access POF on that browser, sometimes I have to enter my login information twice before it logs me in, however, I'm able to get in and it gives me the mobile site. I also have Opera Mini on my phone. Opera Mini actually somewhat bypasses the "walls" and uses a basic straight data connection, however, the information still passes through gateways so it can be formatted. In this case, they pass through Opera's own gateways. I can generally log in to POF on the first try, every time. However, the server doesn't recgonize OperaMini as a mobile browser or Opera skews the UserAgent because I'm given the full version of the site. Aside from some formatting issues, the entire site still works just fine.

So, don't get to stressed if it doesn't work, there's a number of variables between your phone and POF that can make the process mess up, and you have no way of tracking down what the problem is and where it's occuring.
 mcbiker45
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/19/2010 2:57:53 AM
Thanks, I have a Motorola phone with Boost Mobile. It either says it can find no results for POF or there is an error with the web service providor. , et. Thank you for the input. Sounds kind of hit and miss.
 subtlecaffeine
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2010 4:11:16 PM
Some providers specifically block certain websites from mobile web. I know, as an example, my old AT&T phone would block access to my own server...mostly becuase I had an AIM gateway set up and they wanted you to pay for their gateway.

Really...the only true mobile web you get is if you have a netbook/laptop with a mobile broadband card...anything offered to you over a handheld device has been limited in some way and the providers reserve every right to restrict you from one site or another for any reason they see fit.

It is kind of hit or miss..and that's what's sad about the state of mobile web.
 cabanaboy65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2010 2:44:50 PM
I have been having problems with logging into my pof account on my cell phone. it doesn't have the spaces or blocks to put in my user name and password. I can log into Facebook because it has those spaces to log into. can you help me?
 subtlecaffeine
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 6:40:17 AM
That's a problem with your mobile browser not rendering the page properly. No, I cannot help you with it.
 New_Tires
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 4:21:41 PM
I can log onto POF via my Samsung Rogue cell phone/ Verizon using the Polaris Browser version 6.1 and I "get" everything EXCEPT images (photos). Is there a setting on my cell that I need to change to get the photos too?
 subtlecaffeine
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2010 10:36:07 AM
some..if not most mobile browsers have images turned off by default to save bandwidth. you may need to find the settings on the browser and enable images
 GoogleFreak1969
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/8/2010 1:05:05 PM
It pays to have the Iphone :)
 Cheburashka
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:20:29 PM

It pays to have the Iphone :)

Didnt you miss a word out there?
Ill help you

It pays Apple to have the Iphone ;)

Its not the sole domain of the iphone you know, there no need to follow the crowd.

The iphone is such a common "everybodies toy" thing these days, even apple knew it was time to jump onto a new money spinner.
 LittleAnnie59
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/19/2011 11:36:15 AM
I have the Samsung Epic..Galaxy S through Sprint...I get all wepages..pof. ful site..and so you don't need the I phone..just get a good phone..good service...your set..never had log in issues either...its basically a mini laptop in hand.
 Acis1616
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:22:06 AM
Unable to log in
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > POF "mobile login" (cell phone web)