Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do men ask you out and then act like they never asked you out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lustforluv
Msg: 1
Why do men ask you out and then act like they never asked you out?Page 1 of 1    
I am wondering people, why is it that guys email you and then you send a few emails back and forth, then they ask you out and when you say yes, they pretend like they didn't ask you out? Then they keep emailing you every day or every second day and still want to talk to you. wtf? Then sometimes they ask you out again, but never follow through.

Am I missing something here?

Am I the only girl this happens to?
 Lucy Lucy loo
Msg: 2
Why do men ask you out and then act like they never asked you out?
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:36:43 PM
Ive heard that one before. If a person cant commit to an hour or 1/2 hour meeting or they flip flop on making a decision then you dont need anyone that unstable in your life.
 isissarah
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:48:07 PM
no thats happened to me a few times to me too.if they cant be bothered to spend an evening with me after asking me for a date then i wont bother speaking to them anymore.if they behave like that before you've met imagine if you was to start dating??lifes too short to spend on idiots who dont know what they want to do
 1classygal
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/12/2006 6:13:51 PM
It has also happened to me. The pursuit is hot so you say yes to a meeting, they get a ego hit that yeah they still got that special something that can entice a female, so they are satisfied and then they move on to the next conquest. Or something to that effect as I have never fully understood it but I have been stood up for coffee/dinner, non responded to on email, it just happens. You are not the only one. Welcome to the online experience and try to keep your chin up and open to having some fun.
 MetalQueen
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/12/2006 6:14:10 PM
because men are whimps! why do they talk to women online that they would not even approach in person? because they are whimps!
"lifes too short to be spend on idiots who don't know what they want to do"
that statement pretty much sums up the large majority of men on here.
gone are the days when men were aggressive, threw us over their shoulders and dragged us back to thier caves. now they need to be taken by the hand. maybe its our own fault for expecting too much from them because in the end they are just men.
 Soleil24
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/12/2006 7:06:02 PM

they ask you out and when you say yes, they pretend like they didn't ask you out? Then they keep emailing you every day or every second day and still want to talk to you.

It's really very simple. They mix us up. They're emailing too many women at the same time, and they can't keep us straight.

Blossom65
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/12/2006 7:23:44 PM
aaah, I believe that sometimes, these dudes just have far too many chicks on the go for their own good and maybe they actually forget they asked you out!
 lustforluv
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:33:18 AM
Thanks for responding ladies....I think you've all pretty much summed it up quite nicely.
I suppose it could be a number of things. I for one think it has something to do with the ego boost. They are like hey yeah cool she wants to go out and then they chicken out because of the what if's. Also, I think most guys on here expect to be trampled by a women that says she'll go out with them, you know, they get all dreamy eyed thinking yeah all right woo hoo..i've just asked out 5 chicks and they all said yes, lets see which one is all over me because that means she must really like me so therefore I will pick her. Dummies. I mean how are you supposed to know if you like someone unless you meet them. Emailing is just small talk and it does get quite boring after a while and how much can 2 people that hardly know one another have to talk about. I don't even consider meeting for a coffee or a drink a first date anyways and I am certainly not so daft that I would think I know someone after sending emails back and forth, doesn't matter for how long you do it.

Next time someone cool asks me out. I'm going to say,wellll, maybe!
 alexandria_gal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:39:44 AM
This happens? Yikes. Sounds like he's a player and you need to lose him in that case.
 lustforluv
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:56:59 AM
haha, would you believe that it is not just one guy. So far 3 guys.
I think I will meet one of them soon and who cares about the others because they are not as cute anyways haha suckers
 cuddly68
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/13/2006 11:11:09 AM
soleil24............ that is so true, I have caught several men out doing this then they act all innocent. Perhaps they think we wont figure out whats going on. ( and before someone says " women do it to" , yes I agree) man or woman if they think they can get away with it will try it.
 revealed
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/13/2006 11:25:29 AM
Hi all i'm new here..

My uptake on the subject is they think before they meet you they can have you for one night but realise the woman aint for sh***ing cos she has morals.. exit one wan**r..
Thats my opinion anyway..
 colatime
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/13/2006 11:30:17 AM
Because odds are the guy is cheating and if a guy can't think of a good reason then the best choice is to play stupid.....and most times the girl will play along if they guy can play it off well enough.
 lustforluv
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/13/2006 11:37:37 AM
or it could be they live kinda far and they went duh oh yeah I would have to drive to see her because what the hell is there to do in bum fuk nowhere when this girl lives in TO and they don't feel like spending money on gas and dinner hahaha cheapos!
 colatime
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/13/2006 12:33:35 PM
that could be true too....you're a little far for me too...otherwise I'd ask ya out! lol ;)
 shes_single_again
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:20:39 PM
this is really out there but maybe he has fake pictures. Something like this happened to me, the guy was all into meeting and so was I, then he tried to get me on webcam but didn't want to show me his side, said his wasn't working, so I said no way. He kept saying how much he wanted to meet me, was so interested on and on and finally I said nuf talk what are you going to do about it? His pictures are off the charts, I asked for more and he didn't have any. I think they are fake pics.

Another thing is that they might not feel they look good enough and are afraid you'll be disappointed. A lot of people have way over edited pics. There are lots of reasons, who knows....plenty of fish.
 Jesiebunnies
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:33:11 PM
There are those on here that only flirt with reality. Limited to emails, messages and false perceptions of themselves that only exist in the online world. Looking in from the outside-without a seat at the table. Words are cheap, actions are worth millions. Don't waste your time with other people's fantasies unless they are contributing to your lifestyle in some way that fufills you!
 GAZEUPONME
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:00:47 PM
I have had SEVERAL men do this..they make up lame excuses for not following thru. The one that really got me was the man who wanted to see me on Saturday.We talked alittle on Friday but I had too run....then he didnt contact me all weekend. Turns out he got back together with an ex girlfriend. He was too chicken to tell me. I sat around all weekend wondering what I did wrong. Some men just have no manners and they are rude. rude and
 cinta_volim
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:41:48 AM
its happening to me too, as this bloke promise me will come to visit me, so i prepared everything as much as i can...and am waiting for long time, and he hasnt come, till then i call him and end up with slaky voice said...sorry...i was felt asleep
 angelab
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:56:54 AM
It's happened to me too. It makes the guy who asked sound like a total flake, so I don't worry too much about it. Me and flakes don't mix.
 mscjn
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/14/2006 5:10:55 AM
Happening to me as we speak.....maybe hes just lost the plot.
Alcohol ?
Alzheimers ?
Ar****le...who knows !
 twbtin
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/14/2006 5:15:27 AM
My guess would be he is playing the field and is not really looking to meet someone for a relationship. Suggestion MOVE ON. There are some of us here that are sincere.
Good Luck
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why do men ask you out and then act like they never asked you out?