Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women like quiet guys anymore!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlargScander
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do women like quiet guys anymore!?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ok so basically i just want to know if women still like quiet guys. i am a really quiet guy, but i am not afraid to make the first move. But it seems that women are more interested in the loud and outspoken guys. I am just wondering if any women like a quiet guy?
 psssst
Msg: 2
Do women like quiet guys anymore!?
Posted: 11/13/2006 3:25:44 PM
Yes... women do like quiet guys as long as they can speak up when the occassion calls for it...

Is this a new twist on a 'nice guy' thing?
 BlargScander
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 3:50:35 PM
i hope so but so far i don't think so.
 psssst
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/13/2006 4:00:32 PM

i hope so but so far i don't think so.
Well... whether you think you can or think you can't... you are correct...

In case you are interested... the whole woe is me thing is so over done that it's actually quite boring now...

Good luck with that...
 ~~Mystique~~
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/13/2006 4:16:01 PM
There are definitely women who are attracted to quiet guys. The reason you think more women are attracted to the loud outspoken type is because they come off confident. Isn't always the case but ppl like other confident ppl. So, if you are quiet that is fine, but remember to exude confidence at the same time.
 KiteGuy321
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 4:54:55 PM

So, if you are quiet that is fine, but remember to exude confidence at the same time.

In what aisle is that sold? I'd love to pick up some confidence the next time I'm at the store... especially if I'm supposed to exude it.
 BlargScander
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 4:56:33 PM
oh i have no problem with confidence buy outspoken do you meanjust confident speaked or the really flamboient guys?
 ISORealismNOTPerfection
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/13/2006 5:04:00 PM
Not necessarily outspoken but I do find someone that can hold a conversation attractive. (is it just me?) Conversation is a must w/me, therefore if you are on a date & you just sit and say nothing, uhmm what kind of fun is that? I am not saying be loud, but do carry a conversation and not just about the weather.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 5:11:25 PM
I think some women like the "strong silent type" of guy.
 BlargScander
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 5:29:48 PM
lol i can't anyone sits there and says nothing on a date. there is way to much to learn to stay quiet.
 Yahh ROO Giddy Up
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/13/2006 5:58:55 PM
does sign language to the readers

"Im a quiet guy as well"

seriously though

be a mix of the strong silent type as well as a man of mystery and throw in some quiet achiever to the mix and voila

they will be so confused they will flock to you to try and work you out ( if you can get their attention )

but my advice is crap - even i dont listen to it
 *Spunk
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/13/2006 6:27:32 PM
Personally I prefer someone outgoing and outspoken, probably because that's the way I am. I hate being with a guy who doesn't have an opinion to offer or the ability to stand up for himself in an arguement. I'm sure there are some women who do prefer the 'strong & silent' type, but it isn't for me:)
 belly18dancer
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/13/2006 6:38:01 PM
I'm very shy, so men who come on too strong and aggressively are a huge turn off...i like quiet, intellectual men...men who think before they speak and seem sincere rather than ones who can't do anything but run their mouths about how wonderful and great they are....quiet confidence is great...many men confuse arrogance with confidence...if you are confident in yourself then you don't have to brag about yourself
 AppleGeek
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 6:39:59 PM
"opinion to offer or the ability to stand up for himself" is outspoken not outgoing right?

Outgoing is walking up to a stranget and tell her shes stunning without hemming right?
 benijm
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:00:12 PM
You re absolutelu correct and a keen observer.
I ve noticed that on women too.that s true.
 benijm
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:12:24 PM
The previous post was a reply to Yah Ro Giddy,which I agree.
Let me add something that I forgot about the confidence in men.
Confidence is in the eyes of the men and women can see that right away,
You can try to behave like a confident man,but its not enough,its all about the men's eyes and women are good at "reading" the eyes.So the truth about confidence lies in the man eyes.
 Verissa
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:16:28 PM
Sometimes a quiet guy is nice. I'm a loud and boisterous gal so I need someone who won’t feel shadowed by me, and won't try to blend into the woodwork. Somewhat shy is ok, but when he's so shy that we can't go anywhere or do anything and he's not into meeting your friends and feels insecure about everything so badly that he makes a whinny noise and complains about everything and you just want to get away from him or place a pillow over his face...well I tell you that is a sure sign that he is too meek and whinny.
 benijm
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:34:00 PM
BlargScander asked here a interesting question.My answer is some of the women gregarious,outspoken types ,are really attracted to quiet guys.There s subtle cues, and paterns that just prove that.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:43:40 PM
Personally, I can't stand a man with a big mouth. Having an opinion and voicing it is fine, but when their mouth gets ahead of their brain, not a good thing. Was it Benjamin Franklin who said " Speak less, listen more" or something like that. On the other hand, I don't like to be the one who has to ask all of the questions on a date to try to get to know someone.
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:59:22 PM
Hmmm

I thought, women would prefer the speak softly

and carry a big stick theme
 BlargScander
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 8:40:10 PM
when i say quiet guy i don't mean shy. i just mean quiet. As in is humble and does not gloat.
 BlargScander
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 8:41:50 PM
i mean a quiet guy as in a guy who does not gloat and is calm and composed not a shy coward everyone seems to be painting here.
 Yahh ROO Giddy Up
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:15:49 PM
I knew exactly what you ment Blarge

Quiet is a lot different to shy

not everyone needs to be or wants to be the centre of attention
 Cattilac
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:16:58 PM
It's only my experience but I've found the men I consider the most genuinely confident are quiet......not shy.....just not having to prove anything to the world.

I don't think there is anything more appealing or sexy than the truly confident man who doesn't need to broadcast how great he is (at least in his mind).

The most attractive man I have ever met is extremely accomplished, absolutely brilliant and probably comes across as the most low key person I've ever known. Soft spoken but when he speaks everyone listens.....
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:52:09 PM
Ya Hoo Giddy Up, you got it right the second time. IMHO loud, brashy, bragging guys just don't have much class, so I am more attracted to smart, interesting men who will engage in a conversation about lots of different topics. You can be soft spoken, but get your message across, but don't just sit there like a bump on a frog and say nothing on a date, gee whiz. Ya gotta' put yourself out there if you wanna' get in the game.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women like quiet guys anymore!?