Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Christmas dating.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Phat
Msg: 1
Christmas dating.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Just a question. As it get to be this time of year we are all so busy with family and friends.

Do hold off your search for that special someone?
Or do you try to find someone to have as a date for work parties?

Or is it just the same as the rest of the year. Just less time to fit everything in.
 Jetplague
Msg: 2
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 1:51:13 PM
"Santa has big surprise for you...hohoho!"

"Easy there santa...I ain't that easy."

"That's not what you said at the bar last night...hohoho!"
 angelssintoo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 1:52:04 PM
I find Christmas stupid romantic and a great time to cuddle up

If someone comes along then Im all over it!!
 P.A.T.C.H.
Msg: 4
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 1:54:45 PM
I really don't change my ways at all around Christmas time. It is a busy time of year for sure but no matter what time of year it is I normally don't search too hard for someone. If someone comes along.. that's awesome!! But if not I just continue on doing my thing. It's always nice to have a date for the christmas parties and for new years but I don't normally find it very hard finding a date when I need one.

I've noticed around this time of year I start getting more messages from men and normally at some point in the conversation they will bring up what my plans are for new years. I think some are looking for dates but just wont come out and admit it lol
 Leeanne
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 1:55:14 PM
Yeah I would try and hold off just to be sure the relationship is not part of the festive fare and more honest and real. We can get caught up in the season and not really take things serieously, especially a new relationship. We would tend to do things because they were expected not because we wanted to really do them.
 ~Sparkie-to-BE~
Msg: 6
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 1:57:41 PM
Nope

not really,,just makes the holidays more enjoyable and well,,,then at least you may have a date for a x-mas party!!!
 Ruby 2 Shoes
Msg: 7
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 3:25:56 PM
In the past when I've been single and looking I usually would suspend my search at that time. Family usually would take up most of my time. This year it's nice to have some-one to spend time with and attend those parties with as well.
 Stillalicious
Msg: 8
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 3:40:07 PM
I figure if you are interested, you will make time no matter what time of year it is. Even if you can't see them, a phone call/email really takes no time at all out of your day.
 BrownEyedGurl82
Msg: 9
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 3:56:08 PM
I think it's a good idea to keep that search going, like it was said before it will make the holidays more enjoyable if you manage to find someone.

Cheers!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 3:58:55 PM
I TRIED to find a date for my office Christmas Party but of course..failed miserably...lol. I've decided I would rather go solo this year and not have to fork over $45 for a person I barely know. All the girls at work promised to share their husbands when it came to dancing...lol
 NursePinky
Msg: 11
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 4:59:35 PM
If you need a date for a party or two, I would be honest and let that person know. If you want to take it to the next level, wait until after the holidays to make sure the "allure" of the holidays isn't the reason for your quest~!
 RoseBoots
Msg: 12
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 5:53:43 PM
Dear Santa,
I have been a very good girl. Please bring me a walkin', talkin', breathin' pull-toy.
Love,
Roseboots
xoxoxoxo
 kitkat60
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:18:11 PM
I find its the hardest time to be alone, but I rather be alone then with the wrong person
 Soul_Mates
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:27:32 PM
^^^^^^ I completely agree.
 ChiliPalmer27
Msg: 15
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 9:03:57 PM
Well, if something should come around in the dating circle...that'd be great! But if it doesn't, it won't destroy my Christmas either. I'm optimistic, and I like to think there's plenty of time yet!
 bluedew
Msg: 16
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/16/2006 10:30:23 PM
To use someone for a Christmas date, nope, go with a friend, yes!
I meet someone special, lucky me!
 My Infusion
Msg: 17
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/17/2006 12:31:12 AM
On the other hand, festive seasons sometimes help you soften the heart a little and then you can/may realise that you were missing out on things.... it's a catch-22.
 Kitkat45
Msg: 18
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/17/2006 12:41:06 AM
I don't think I change at all around the Christmas season. It is a wonderful time to enjoy the company of family and good friends. To once again come together and be greatful you have the opportunity to do so again. Sure, sometimes I can feel melancholy about not having that someone special, but I don't dwell on that. A waste of time feeling sorry for myself when there is so much to be thankful for. This year, i am taking the same fellow to the company Christmas party dance that I took last year. We are very good friends. Probably always will be but nothing more.
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/17/2006 3:23:30 AM
Mistletoe, people - mistletoe!
Is it just me, or doesn't it seem incredibly oxymoronic - for Pete's sake - two single people, prolonging their single-ness at Christmas, just because ... (?)
On the other hand - two single folks at Christmas, who fate/karma/the gods of office parties help out ... wouldn't that be nice?
(and, for those who cite "family" - I'll very politely suggest that real family would be more than happy to see another family member happy at Christmas - I know my mom drops hints once in a while, saying she'd like to see "so-and-so" again ...)

Heck - almost anything's better than Christmas Eve with an old Army buddy because our kids are with the ex, at Swiss Chalet simply because it's still open and the closest convenience food to turkey (... and then there's the Toblerone ... ha!)

Notwithstanding abstention for religious reasons ... (chuckle) ...
Never look a gift horse in the mouth, even if it's a Christmas gift (?)
 Marjabu
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/17/2006 6:46:48 AM
I try to keep looking, it is a little harder to set up a date with both parties being busy with holiday functions and such....but if you are both interested then putting things off until after the rush works out as well.
I think both people need to agree that it is a busy time of year for everyone, and just be patient.
 shiloh444
Msg: 21
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/17/2006 3:39:06 PM
You never quit looking until you have found the one your looking for,Christmas or no Christmas,the world should not stop for christmas so continue your search and enjoy the festivities,
 Firmbear8
Msg: 22
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/18/2006 4:03:39 PM
Hmmmm ! Christmas dating !LMAO
Well I guess some are only on here this time of year for someone to spoil them or for a night out on new years eve. But as for my dating I am here for the one&only lady for me and nothing else. So if she should happen to come along at this time of year thats cool. But if shes just here looking for a new years eve date then she's emailing the wrong guy !LOL
Woops dam I guess I should have said if she emails me as no one does email me !
As I would have too ask Pof if thats a real email from a member or if it was spam email in my inbox !
But in all sureness I don't worry about the christmas season as never been anyone inlove with me at this time of season and doubt there ever will be !lmao
And at my age not likely any women interested in me any other time of year either so its more of a place for me to waste my time and dream theres some lady out there looking for a guy like me !
So doubt theres any worries here about christmas dates !!
 shiloh444
Msg: 23
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/21/2006 9:33:15 PM
Nothing like a Christmas vacaction ,enjoy the festivities and family there is always time for dating lol
 sweetcurves
Msg: 24
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/21/2006 9:57:09 PM
i would LOVE to have someone for the holidays....but i'm not going to be with the wrong person just to have someone.
 Jetplague
Msg: 25
Christmas dating.
Posted: 11/21/2006 10:09:27 PM
Christmas dating...yeah....don't think so. It's hard enough to meet someone during the holidays (depending on christmas shopping, working schedules, family issues..yadda, yadda, yadda) And its just dating...not a quick holiday fix....you don't suddenly go "Let's have christmas together" after a few dates in december. (Well maybe some do...)

I dunno...mr. skeptical is in the house tonight. Heh!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Christmas dating.