Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > what exactly does no strings attached mean      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stickball47
Msg: 1
view profile
History
what exactly does no strings attached meanPage 1 of 1    
When a guy says no strings attached does it mean he wants to play the field? Does it mean he is married or in a relationship? perhaps it means that you will do until something better comes along. By the way what is wrong with strings?
 TwinDaddy
Msg: 2
what exactly does no strings attached mean
Posted: 11/24/2006 7:48:27 PM
As far as I knew, "no strings attached" means the person doesn't want a relationship beyond a purely sexual one.

If you think someone is lying about their marital status try confronting them. There is no reason to believe someone is married simply because they are looking for something with "no strings attached".
 Heath Bar
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/24/2006 7:49:52 PM
means no commitment. means so many things. sex and I never see you again, sex until I am finished with you. In a nutshell NSA means someone is just using someone for sex, or you are using each other
 MEGA_CHULO2007
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/24/2006 7:57:15 PM
No, it just means no obligations...period. No obligations to taking her out, introducing her to his friends, spending weekends with her, buying gifts for her and no having to call her every few minutes to check in. Strings is cool if he's feeling her that way, if he's not....he's just not.
 sanmale
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/24/2006 8:05:42 PM
it means dont call me I will call you...and all the talk before and after sex is just to keep you in the game until the next encounter..no relationship..just sex...nothing is wrong with strings..he is not intereste din strings with you..its only sex...if his other gf or wife finds out then its no fun for him anymore.
 stickball47
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2006 8:18:29 PM
Thanks for the replies at least i know for sure and can proceed with caution when i see those 3 little words.
 Colonel Hapablat
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/24/2006 9:34:18 PM
it means that he wants a pump and dump! simple, no thoughts, just a call once in awhile and a mutual sweaty mess... not worryingif the other person is seeing somone else, has a complicated childhood or whatever else has possible plagued their day. Just some balls out fun!
 !somewhere
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/24/2006 10:00:58 PM
it means: Nothing but sex. No obligations, no commitment, no interest in feelings, no emotions.

what part of this are you not understanding????
 89classof
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/24/2006 10:05:59 PM
"pump and dump", "sweaty mess". That's priceless. You sure know how to sweet-talk the ladies.

now I'm really outta here.
 northernmiss
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/25/2006 12:15:27 AM
I use this line, it means when I do something for you, I do not expect anything in return, I do things for my friends with no strings attached, because I like doing things for people.

when a guy says it in reference to a relationship, I automatically think friends with benefits=no strings attached.
 Colonel Hapablat
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/25/2006 12:30:11 AM
That is the problem! You have to think about it. Us men are simple.. as soon as we are done we are off to do something else. ie. scratch balls cause since the last one I brought home to poke on, i have been itchy...

Guys don't think about it. We are simple creatures. How to explain it better? Um... If a guy says it to you, he petty much doesn't want you to talk, unless you are telling him how big his thingy is, or how wonderful he is at poking. Then we the deed is done in 30 seconds or whatever and you are asking yourself, "I got nekkid for this and missing greys", he is thinking, "is she gone yet, I wanna grilled cheese". No expectations from either side!
 harveywallbanger
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2006 1:20:42 AM
He wants nookie nothing more. Probibly even knowing your name is optional.

harvey
 stickball47
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2006 12:41:35 PM
So you are telling me that some not all guys can simply have an intimate encounter and not be the least bit emotionally involved. They could go out and purchase that so why involve someone else who may get hurt??
 mackz
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/25/2006 3:31:43 PM
NO strings = no follow up phone calls , no emotional attachments, no " what are you thinkin" questions , no " what do you want to do today" calls, no " I was thinkin about you today " thoughts...............just WHO AHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

or to put it more bluntly

the " don't call me I will call you " relationship

I am to old for that stuff now, whar is me park bench, lets watch the sunset
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2006 3:42:07 PM
So you are telling me that some not all guys can simply have an intimate encounter and not be the least bit emotionally involved. They could go out and purchase that so why involve someone else who may get hurt??

I am not a guy, but I'll take this. They don't technically hurt you on purpose, because they already gave you the conditions. Now if you agree and go along with a NSA situation, you do it at your own risk. Nothing wrong with it as long as you have all the facts.

And yes they could purchase that, but the men who have so many women they are attracted to but not interested in beyond that giving it away for free, they don't have to.
 dixietrucker
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2006 3:58:26 PM

That is the problem! You have to think about it. Us men are simple.. as soon as we are done we are off to do something else.....

I once saw a magazine cover in the checkout line that said "25 thoughts running through your man's head" and I was thinking to myself...
1) Sex
2) Food/Alcohol
3) Trucks/Motorcycles/Cars
4) Hobbies (sports, guns, hunting, fishing, music, etc...)
5) Work
...now what the heck are the other 20 things I'm supposed to be thinking about? I swear, sometimes women make things FAR more complicated than they have to be.

Back to the OP, no strings simply means that he wants you to take care of #1 on the list and nothing else.
 mummyd
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 10:09:57 AM
well i thought it meant exactly as discribed by all you men and seems that way until you tell them your going out somewhere with someone else then all hell breaks loose. Well you cant have it both ways or is it one rule for men and another for women.
 eeeee9
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 1:09:57 PM
it means dont call or email after u depart
 ThatGurlAgain!
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/12/2008 4:25:16 PM
What is SHOULD mean is your cue to say; "Bubye, don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out".

I will never understand how anyone would tolerate an arrangement like this? What could you possibly get out of it.......oh yeah, there is that nice trip to the doctor to see if you were "gifted" with something special.
 qwi101
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/12/2008 8:51:52 PM
Maybe only people with NSA on profile should answer this ?

This is how wars start ... "i dont quite know what something means so i will make huge judgements about what i think it means then attack it"

In MY world it means consenting adults having pre-arranged "adult" fun - never done it (well unless you include Ex sex !) but cant see the problem

pah at 90% of the replies
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > what exactly does no strings attached mean