Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What profile adjectives get your interest?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KiteGuy321
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What profile adjectives get your interest?Page 1 of 1    
Intelligent, fun, caring, compassionate, great sense of humor, classy, respectful, serious, etc.

While I generally hate to see profiles that have a long list of descriptors, its sometimes really hard to not use these when crafting your profile.

What adjectives tend to catch your eye? Are there any that you've seen that would be a complete turn-off?
 MissSadie
Msg: 2
What profile adjectives get your interest?
Posted: 11/26/2006 8:19:26 AM
From the newly minted jaded lady: None of them do. I've yet to meet someone who's profile matches their true self. Maybe I will, but I haven't yet. One man said that he wanted a long-term relationship, wasn't at all interested in one-night stands, treated a woman with respect, etc., etc. His first email tried to convince me to sleep with him or at least have "incredible" phone sex because he knew how to please a variety of women. So much for some profiles.
 angelab
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/26/2006 8:21:24 AM
None of them.

If someone goes on and on about how kind, compassionate, loving, generous, and so on they are I've found that means that they're the exact opposite. It's like the whole "nice guy" or the "independent woman" or the looking for long term when all I want is a screw-buddy thing.
 cloudlight
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/26/2006 8:25:03 AM
In my opinion, it's not what adjectives tend to catch the eye but rather how words demonstrate the intended adjectives. If you want to describe "intelligent", show that you are through your profile presentation (spelling, grammar, etc.). For "fun", show what it is you mean by fun through little stories or activities you do. For "caring", "compassionate", "kindness"..., show that you are through your dealings with others...

Almost anyone can come up with a list of descriptors. Listing them just as one of many other ordinary profiles; describing them will make a profile stand out .
 angelab
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/26/2006 8:35:18 AM
^

Exactly.

I don't know how many profiles I've seen where someone described themselves as intelligent and their spelling and grammar was on the level of an elementary school kid. And instead of saying you're "compassionate" or "caring," say something that shows that you're compassionate and caring. Do you volunteer with a children's center? Say that. Do you love to go visit your grandmother at her nursing home every Sunday? Say that. Anyone can go on and on about how great they are. Showing it brings you to a whole new level of greatness.
 AmeliaEarhart
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:11:35 AM
It's exactly like cloudlight said.

If you have to say you're intelligent, you're not.

Write something that no one else could possibly have written, you know? Show how unique you are.

And throw a few faults in there, too! Be easy and funny about it. That catches my eye, anyway.

I have a feeling that I'm dealing with an actual person and not some perfect sales pitch.
 iris37
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:49:51 AM
I myself don't look too much at all the adjectives....I personally would like to see what his interests are what he does for fun what some of his favorite music is perhaps a favorite song or movie....I have read many profiles and personally most are way too verbose, I mean who doesn't want a honest caring fun loving guy/gal...please... and who doesn't think they are all that and the bag of chips...

I rencently had an email sent to me and thought naaaaaaaaa until I looked and read his profile well wouldn't you know his favorite musician is also mine and that was enough for me to respond we having been chatting now for a few weeks ( he lives 8 hours from me which sucks big time breaking my cardinal rule of long distance)

So guys and girls I suggest putting in as much as you possibly can in the interest section of the your profile you never know how significant it may be...

Cheers
Diane
 ^^Batgirl^^
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/26/2006 12:14:44 PM
In my opinion, it's not what adjectives tend to catch the eye but rather how words demonstrate the intended adjectives. If you want to describe "intelligent", show that you are through your profile presentation (spelling, grammar, etc.). For "fun", show what it is you mean by fun through little stories or activities you do. For "caring", "compassionate", "kindness"..., show that you are through your dealings with others...

I completely agree with this statement. Adjectives strung together with only commas to separate them is boring and done to death.

For me, colourful descriptions tend to jump out and catch my eye.

I am sure I am not alone when I state that writing about myself was very difficult.

^^BG^^
 WindsofChange69
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2006 7:42:47 PM

Almost anyone can come up with a list of descriptors. Listing them just as one of many other ordinary profiles; describing them will make a profile stand out .

Yup! That pretty much says it rite there^^^^^^^!!

Best wishes to all

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What profile adjectives get your interest?